#35 LOUNGERS and FOR THOSE WHO NEED COMFORT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, Apr 14, 2010.

1. spacee

spacee Member

OR A LAUGH, OR COMRADES IN PJ'S.

IF I HAD FAY'S OR HRN'S PHONE NUMBER, I WOULD CALL. BUT I DON'T SO WE WILL HOPE
    THEY ARE OK.

TALKED TO A LADY (WELL I THINK SHE IS...COULD JUST BE A WOMAN :) WHO LIVES OUT IN
    THE BOONIES 10 MILES FROM TOWN. THEY HAVE 5 ACRE LOTS. THERE IS A FLORIDA PANTHER
    WHO LIVES ON ONE OF THE LOTS. NO ONE FEEDS HIM AND HE DOESN'T BOTHER ANYONE.
    AND ONE MORNING THERE WAS A BOBCAT SITTING IN HER DRIVEWAY. THEN HE MEANDERED
    OFF.

SHE LIVES NEXT TO A HUGE STATE PARK. SO I ASK MYSELF, WHY HAVEN'T WE BEEN THERE
    BUT I KNOW WHY. IT ISN'T A GOLF COURSE. POOR ME. ;)

I STOPPED BY YESTERDAY AND HAD A LONG TALK WITH THE WOMAN WHO OWNS THE TILE
    STORE. SHE SAYS THAT SHE TAKES XANAX SOMETIMES BECAUSE THEY HAVE 3 GENERATIONS LIVING TOGETHER IN HER HOUSE. BUT SHE MAKES SURE SHE HAS THE
    XANAX WHERE NO ONE CAN FIND IT. CAUSE ONE OF HER SONS IS ADDICTED TO METH.
    HE IS THE ONE WHO IS GOING TO TILE OUR BACKSPLASH. MY DRUGS ARE GOING TO BE
    WITH ME AT ALL TIMES. CAUSE I GOT A LOT MORE THAN XANAX.

I GUESS NO ONE HERE IS GOING TO SUGGEST BACKSPLASH COLORS. SO, COULD YOU AT
    LEAST TELL ME WHAT YOUR OWN COLOR IS? I NEED SOME HELP, HERE!

OK, OFF TO BED.

LOVE TO EVERYBODY!!

SPACEE
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Hope those MIAs will turn up... and also thinking especially about Jole & HRN/Jan... but everybody else too.

Eeek, panther in the driveway... no like! That indicates its getting used to humans. Scary. Once saw some of the FL panthers up close in N. Ga wildlife preserve helping to breed more, they are really scary up close. It's enough there are gators starting from central GA down... I'd be worrying about my dogs, kids, and me!

Backsplash colors... I always end up with neutral because they have longevity. I actually like neutral tones. What about glass tiles, or those stone tiles - they come in verious dimensions and have a lot of texture, and play with light/shadow. I saw a really neat 3-D basket weave design done with them once.

For me, I'm looking forward to eventually installing Mexican hand painted tiles LOL, tho they will be plain white with just a border design. There is black tile on the counters courtesy of prior owner that I won't rip up, they're actually quite practical I've found, so my challenge will be finding MX tile with a bit of black in them.

beautiful day again today, the birds are busy, the barn swallows are building their nests on the walls of my neighbor's house (she had it covered with an adobe mixture, so they can easily attach their nests - really neat, I have to get some photos this year!)

Looks like the boards have been really slow today, wonder why - is everyone scrambling to get their taxes done????

Gotta get some rest... slowly maybe recovering... buenos noches. ...
    Victoria
  3. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Today is beautiful.That means tomorrow a cold front comes through.

I love the glass tiles Spacee.When we put in granite countertops several yrs. ago tile selection was very limited.We couldn't choose because we didn't like anything.Now there are so many choices we can't choose so the wall is just paint.I love to look on the decorating sites for ideas.

I am feeling so much better.I am not going to worry about when it will end just enjoy it while I can.My GP asked me if I have CFS did I tell you that?Someone here guessed that.Fay,Jole?I suspect it's so.Just a label the Dr. told me.Yes just another label I told him.

Dad has bloodwork tomorrow and dog gets groomed.Thank goodness DH is home to do the running.

Hope your all doing well and can check in soon.

Pam
  4. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Hi Friends. Had so much fun yesterday. Met with my friend who always travels she will be gone for a month soon. The weather was so nice in the 60's with full sun. I sure would like to hear an update on HRN i hope she is ok.

Spacee i feel spacee myself today overdid it yesterday. My favorite tile is travertine it also
    goes well with granite. I mentioned that we live next to the woods. We have seen bobcats and coyotes n our yard. There are not many cats in the neighborhood gee i wonder why.
    I watch my dog all the time. We have a waterfall/pond in our backyard and it attracks creatures. The racoons like to take a bath in the pond makes me so mad. good luck on your search for tiles. The glass tiles sounds cool.

Victoria hand painted mexican tiles sound wonderfull. They are so expensive here. Hope you are on the road to recovery.

Pam glad your dh is home. I love granite counters. We had the granite tiles on our counter which i did not care for. I like the slab but so expensive. I too have cfs. Have to pace myself. Where is the rest of the crew?

Patty
  5. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

I looked up a red cardinal on the internet. They are incredible beautiful birds. I would love to have one in my back yard but i guess we don't have them. Looks like i will need to go east.

We used to boat alot and one day a huge eagle swooped down within a few feet and picked up a fish in his talons. Need to watch out they will take cats and small dogs also. That day we also saw some awesome Green Herons. I miss our boat..

We also saw a red tail Hawk fly within a few feet of our house. Guess i am becoming a novice bird watcher. A chick a dee greeted me with a sweet song this morning.

Hugs,
    Patty
  6. spacee

spacee Member

Patty, you do live in a world full of beautiful nature! We had so many different kinds of birds
    after the 3 hurricanes. Ate a lot of the fish in the lake and haven't been back. My vision is
    so poor I usually can't make out the markings. But the cardinal I do see. We had juvenile
    eagles that year.

Thanks for ya'lls input on the tile. DH has his heart set on the glass. I agree that it is really
    pretty. I have concerns about how it will hold up to cleaning. So I may have to find a different
    way to cook ham slices...they splatter so. I do have one of those splatter thingys...might have
    to remember to use it! Or stop frying.

We went to a couple of department stores to look at the colors they had in dishes, appliances,
    etc to see what the currant trends are. So, I feel better about where we are headed. I think
    the jewel tones (I have picked that term up from QVC). Deeper shades of gold, green, red,
    blue.

When I had my doc apt this week, he always puts his hand on your thigh. He doesn't fool me.
    He is seeing how my muscle tone is doing. But he got a funny look on his face and asked "Are
    these your lounging pants ?" HAHAHA. I didn't say but my pj's are my lounging pants. I told him that I wore them to run errands, etc. I think his wife must be wearing them to lounge,

I have CFS and antibodies to Sjogrens. I have a friend who I believe has lupus but how can
    one tell unless you get your virus titers done....in my opinion. She is 50 and is on disability.
    I change like the wind on what I am going to try next. I am considering Artiminin which is
    a Chinese antimarlarial herb. Cheney says it's his best antiviral and people improve on it.
    It is sold here but at a weaker strength. So I might take 3 at a time twice a week. I will
    let you know when that plan changes!

Ok kids. I do feel like in about a year, they may have better meds for us...so we should
    hang in there like a rusty nail (mother's saying).

Love to each of you!!

Spacee
  7. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Jewel tones sound pretty.Complete my picture,what color are countertops and wall colors.
    I used to paint all the inside and porch with rails myself.Now I stare at them and wish it was all updated and I had the energy to do it.

I'm thinking of that being a project I'd like to get done this yr.Find competent people to hire out to do what I used to do.I'm afraid I'll be so upset at what it costs and I did it all free lol.

Patty I like all the interesting animals and birds you're seeing.We have some big hawks that swoop around and have cornered my 7lb.dog on the deck til we saved her.The neighbors have a tripod of different seed bird feeder so the birds are flocking through the yard.As you get older and housebound you appreciate watching nature more.

Love your lounging pants story Spacee.So funny he asked about them.I saw these girls in Walmart and they had on PJ bottoms.I pointed and told my DH look at that can you imagine?Then I said Oh I'm so jealous I wish I had the nerve to do that.

Pam
  8. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

It's been n ice to hear the nature talk. I've been watching little chipmunks getting birdseed in the yard. They are so fast; I guess that's why the cat doesn't get them, though she does get mice and voles.

Lots of spring birds here in N.W. Calif. now, migrating warblers, goldfinches, etc. I wish we had cardinals here too; I like red birds! I am very envious of Victoria's Vermilion Flycatchers!!!

I woke up yesterday to find a flock of wild turkeys in the front yard. Phoebe, my corgi, had great fun chasing them off. They are still around -- I hear them gobbling in the woods -- and I guess they will bread again. I've had lots of quail too.

Patty -- I saw Green herons in the creek on my property a few years ago. Otters come up to get the fish every year, but they are shy, and hard to see. Bird-watching is a great hobby for us CFS/FMS people isn't it?

Well, I built a trash/brush fire (almost burnt up the damn wheelbarrow, it was smoking!), and that gave me a temperature spike to 99.7, so I came in to sit down. I tell you, these temp flushes are getting me down; I'm already on Androgel (testosterone
    replacement) for hypogonadism which kicked in three yrs. ago. It helped for a while....but seems the "andropause" might be returning.

Oops, got of of chatting and onto whining! Sorry, but it happens.

All for now,
    Best Wishes,
    Barry

PS : Patty --- yes, I think marijuana will be legalized in Ca. And taxed and regulated. And about time! ( I have a note from my doc. for med. mj. myself -- for peripheral neuropathy,).

9. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Hi kids. This will be a quickie and I will write a long one tomorrow telling you about my lovely 9 day (was supposed to be 1-2 days) stay in the hospital.

DH wasn't able to spend much time on the computer because he spent the majority of his time at my bedside trying to make sure they didn't try to kill me. Yup, sounds melodramatic, but it almost happened.

But I'm here and LIFE has a whole new meaning for me.

Thanks for all of your kind words. Didn't mean to worry all of you.

More tomorrow - Jan
  10. spacee

spacee Member

I'm so glad your DH was there to protect you from the staff! And we are so happy to here from YOU!!!

Barry, there are boocuudles of nature out now. Isn't it great to see. Victoria is just one
    upping us with her vermillion flycatcher! haha. Everything in Mexico must be more
    colorful, I reckon.

I am so sorry about your neuropathy. I have a touch of it. Alpha Lipoic Acid controls mine
    so far...but if it got bad..... And the testosterone sounds like a major problem. Do you see
    an Endocrinologist for it?

This is kinda funny. I have had a therapist and a doc I went (with pcp's permission) to see
    about my thryoid...well both said they thought it was my hormones and that I would feel
    much better (meaning CFS) if I got that 'fixed'. I had it tested and the estrogen came back as a 27 year old woman. I was about 57 at the time. HAHAHAHAHA. So my hormones were not my problem.

Think we have settled on a jewel tone gold glass 2by1. There are some the tile people can't do because they don't come with a backing and they can't get it straight. They said the
    travertine was one of them. I don't think we get everything that is available in this neck
    of the woods.

Hasn't anybody gotten eyeglasses recently? Read a book?

Pam, I know about wanting to do the projects yourself. I miss that so much. My little duster and swiffer helped more than I imagined. I thought I had given out on energy to straighten
    closets but with the rest of the house looking betters, I got a bit of that done. Have to say
    I am downsizing. There are more and more shelves with nothing on them.

How about poetry or song lyrics. Any good ones running through your heads?

Tomorrow I am going to post the email my grandaughter sent. It is so precious.

Love you each so much!

Spacee

PS one more interview scheduled for son's job!! This time in Charlotte. They are in Atlanta
    for a wedding, will drive back to Orlando and turn around and drive to North Carolina (just him) in two days. Ahh to be youngish.

11. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I'm back! Still unpacking though. I see I've got a lot to catch up on!

I just filled out the survey on this site. Hope you all have filled that out, as it's a great idea that they get all of our thoughts and opinions!

I'm sore as heck as I just got my first groceries since the move-in. I almost needed 2 carts! Anyway, Little Lotta is laying on my lap, purring away. She's heavy and it hurts to have her on it, but sometimes it is worth the pain. Oh, I forgot, got to take my meds! People ask me how someone in such bad pain can forget to take their meds. While it is obvious to us, they just don't get it. Then we have to explain that the meds don't work all of the time, and then they ask why we take them then. Ugh!

Anyway, positive thougths are that I love my new place!

Sympathy thoughts are that I know what peripheral neuropathy is, as I have it all over my body along with myofacial pain syndrom all over, and now my doc is diagnosing me with asthma. Ugh! What next? I thought CFS, FMS, and Lyme disease was enough!!!

Okay, now to think of positive thoughts again, ... I love my new apartment!!!

Gotta go, as I want to respond to a few more posts, and I must get some sleep as its almost 3:30 a.m.

I'll catch up with the topics soon!

Love,
    Fight :)
  12. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Of the missing posts? I've seen othes report the same thing before. Does anyone know why? I had to go to the library to complete my registration...the url was too long for my phone. I dont have internet at home except on my phone and I spent a half an hour yesterday posting a hello here. And its gone! I cant space like I need to so please bear with me. Lets hope this post stays. I'd love to "lounge" around with you all! Rebecca
  13. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Jan glad to hear your home again.I'll be watching for you post to see what happened.

Fight haven't heard from you in ages.Sounds like things are looking up with your new place and all.

Misfit sorry you lost your post but don't give up we welcome you here.The more the merrier.

Tried to watch a free Netflix movie on laptop last night but service kept slowing the connection and I gave up in frustration and went to sleep.I'm reading but the book isn't worth mentioning.It's slow going.I think a got a few duds for reading this time.
    I heard a song I love Red by Daniel Merriwhether.

I want to plant flowers so bad but it's to early.Only 50's today.Still it's been an early Spring and I might just take a chance next string of warm weather.

Pam
  14. victoria

victoria New Member

Hi to all!
    Welcome Rebecca/Misfit, I know how frustrating it is to lose your post to another board!

Thanks Jean for finding those posts... so weird that it happens whenever it 'feels' like it!
    Fight glad you've moved finally and in place... hope that gives you some breathing space...

Glad you're back home Jan, safe and back to sound as can be!
    Erika/Zenouchy, hope you come back regularly... now that your post has shown up...

Pam, where do you live? What's your last frost date? You could always plant a lot of daffodils and hyacinths and crocuses maybe, especially the hyacinths smell so wonderful!

Argh, I can't really remember who has children in Europe, (Linda?) -
    what are they saying about the volcano clouds blowing over?
    Bet they're getting colorful sunsets?
    I used to love the sunsets as a kid around Chicago, didn't know then it was
    cuz of all the pollution LOL.

Barry - I hope you took advantage of the fire to BBQ a few things? LOL...
    It will be interesting to see if CA leads the way with legalizing MJ, it would certainly
    pay their way out of bankruptcy - and take a big bite out of the drug cartels I think.
    I think it should be legalized, for both reasons... the only problem I can see is the
    drug testing required for jobs - alcohol is gone quickly from the blood, but MJ I guess
    can linger for quite a while(?)...

We have lots of coyotes that "communicate" a lot at night especially when the moon
    first rises LOL. Sounds crazy all around us. Our dogs usually just ignore them now,
    thankfully.

Other than the jungles/rain forests... most of Mexico is fairly arid so pretty plain and
    desert-y like the southwest - hence I think the bright colors of paint and tile to brighten
    things up. Tho often things are painted earth colors with just bright splashes of color.

Around where I live it looks a lot like Georgia to me (red clay, oaks, pines) and I'm told it
    is similar to Sonoma county, tho no grapes... I think the vermilion flycatcher is the only
    really colorful bird where I live. Big difference between here & north GA of course is that
    bouganvilla can bloom year round, and poinsettias flower in the fall....

Hope Rock and everyone else is doing ok... including your computer(s)....

I've conquered (knock on wood) the touch of flu or whatever it is... DH is still coughing but
    seems better.... but thinking he may need to try abx again, just a different one than before.

Beautiful day again today, not sure what I'm up to doing or want to do, LOL...
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 04/17/2010]
  15. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Yep, it's been a month and a half, because I had so much to pack and move. Now I'm unpacking a little each day. I finally got my internet up late last night, and you guys were the first thing on my mind. I'm so glad to be back and have missed you all!

Things will be looking up when I get it all organized and unpacked. Another few weeks and it will be all situated because my mom has been such a gem in helping me move. In a way I'm glad I didn't move down to Nashville, as my mother is getting old and so is my father, and this is the time to do all I can to improve the relationships with them. I would regret not doing this if they passed away after I moved. Life is short, and while they're okay healthwise, one should never take things for granted. Nashville will be there forever, but my parents won't. I got a lot of family to help with the move, and it shocked me, and so I didn't have to do heavy lifting, thank God! Maybe Nashville can come to me, ha ha!

Is that the first time you tried Netflix? I've never tried it. My computers aren't good enough for good color in the picture, so I am better off watching TV or renting movies. I got my father's converter box and I cannot believe that 18 channels come in pretty good! I don't have to pay for cable nor sattlelite. Pretty cool huh? I do need a booster for the antennea though, for times when bad weather hits, and so that I don't have to get up and turn the antennea when I turn it to certain channels.

It got in the 30s this morning. Another week or two, and things will be ready to plant.

What are your favorite flowers? Mine are ... OmG, cannot remember, oh yeah, Lilac. :)

Love,
  16. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Nine days in the hospital is just awful im sorry. Hope you are on the mend. We missed you.

Spacee i saw glass tiles on the tv this morning. The tiles were very small i think i would prefer a little larger tile. Very cool.

Yes i really do love where we live. We have alot of glass windows and on a clear day we can see the olympic mountains, the sunsets are spectacular. we have a westerly view. I sometimes refer to our house as the tree house. I count my blessings everyday.

Oh Pam your poor little dog surrounded by Hawks which are raptures. Good thing you were there to save the day. Your dog would be just a little snack for them.

Hi Barry sounds like you live in the country. I laughed at the thought of turkeys running around your yard. I'm concerned about your temp. Have you had a thyroid test? Glad you have your card. Hope you are right and the bill will pass. Then i think other states will follow suit. It might save the national budget ha ha

Victoria i looked up vermillion flycather on the internet. They are absolutely beautiful. Sounds beautiful where you live.

Fight you must be exhausted. Glad you love your new apartment. Moving sucks, take it easy now.

Hello to anyone i missed in my fog.

Hugs,
    Patty

17. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Thank you! Yes, Each day I have more and more stuff to do, but my mother is helping me, so that helps, even if I only get a few boxes done a day.

I had a lot of help from family that I didn't have to move the heavy stuff, thank God!

Well, I suppose, I'm going to eat and relax, and then get going on a few more boxes, as I haven't done anything yet today, except trying to catch up on here, which I'm so glad I'm online again, as I missed you all so much!

Love,
  18. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Well, here we are....another happy day in sn*wville!!! Yes, I kid you not. It snowed (briefly) this morning. Doesn't upset me too much though 'cause I'm not really feeling up to going outside and sitting anyway. Hopefully by the middle of the week I'll feel better and it will be nice enough to go outside and sit.

I've been reading everyone's posts but am having a hard time retaining anything! Except for something that Fight said. You like Lilacs. My city has a Lilac Festival every May. People come from all over the country - and farther - to see (and more importantly, smell) the lilacs. You should head my way this May (starts on the 14th). You would be in absolute heaven. And gosh darnit, you could even get some lilac perfume while you're here!! :)

I had lots of energry this morning, relatively speaking. Just woke up from a nap and now feel kinda cruddy. I know I shouldn't dwell on this but I wonder how long it will take me to recover from my "adventure," if I ever do feel recovered. I know what just having the foot surgery did to me last fall and I was home the same day after that one!

However, I keep wondering that maybe somewhere in the 4 units of packed red blood cells I got during the second surgery that I got the blood of Wonder Woman or the 6 Million Dollar Woman!! Sure hope so.

My little "story" that I promised will be a while coming. I started typing this morning and realized that it will be very, very long. I guess I have more to talk about than I originally thought. I'm not sure I want to post it here because it will take up ALOT of room, unless I post it a day at a time. Then again, I don't want to bore other posters. Oh well, I'll figure something out. I know.....I could charge $1.00 for each copy and and send them to interested parties!

Think I'm going to go lay down again and watch the boob tube (as my father calls it).

Oh, and by the way......Hillary Clinton's got nuthin' on me as far as cankles go!!! I'll explain in my story!! :)

Later friends...

Jan
  19. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Yes, I'd be in Lilac heaven!!! I love lilac perfume! I'm amazed at how many different types of lilacs there are. I love all of the different colors, but especially the true (deep) purple color! They look really nice next to white lilacs as well! I can just smell it now!

Sometimes I think that people think I'm superwoman, so then I think like them and end up doing too much, and hurting way too much thereafter.

I've had some really down days these last few weeks. I'm so glad I'm back on here again!

What are cankles?

Love,
  20. victoria

victoria New Member

Check out Walter327' s post - he has written/sung songs that are online...

really inspirational!