Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, May 1, 2010.

1. spacee

spacee Member

Ya'll have been doing stuff while I was gone. Having foals, keeping grandkid, dancing
    (Or wanting to), the PROCEEDURE, and much more.

Ya'll don't seem sick to me at all!!

I had a very nice time. We bought Zoe some summer clothes. DH and a friend of the kids
    from Tampa came last nite and that was nice.

I slept well there. Everyone who sleeps in that room sleeps well. It is a great sleeping room.
    It is cooler then the rest of the house, the mattress is so great I wanna get one like it but doubt I will. It came from Mattress Giant. It is used and I have the feeling someone broke
    it in 'just the right amount'. (The house they are staying in is furnished).

On, I am going to live v. through Jan's son. Free spirit. I recall a friend's son saying that about
    me once 20 years ago. What a joke. Three kids and CFS...hardly free.

OK, DH is not happy with the height of the retaining wall. I admit it looks kinda weird. Like it
    is about 3 feet too high. Well, the guy said that no money changed hands until we are
    happy. Hope he sticks to that one.

The semicircle drive in the front looks like "why didn't you do that 20 years ago". We talked
    about it but were always concerned that it would look right. Ok, it looks right.

Reminder to go back and check the posts you have missed!

I have to climb a high hill tonite to get to free food and music under the stars. 2nd highest
    point in the penisular of Florida called Bok Tower. And I have to make conversation. Scary.

Love you kids....Missed you!! Loved reading your posts!

Tacos, Not my real name.
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

My crappin post got re-routed to the health board again. Mommy! PH is picking on me again! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Was going to go to bed at 9pm but forgot I had to wash uniform. Used to make fun of my MIL for going to bed so early. Not anymore. Am finished so off I go. Nite all. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sleeping Beauty (most definitely not my real name)
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

LOL you don't "sound sick" either...

for Me I think Sleeping Bedhead would apply LOL...it's hard for me to just report only resting... doesn't make for much of a post over and over, so try to hit the highlights!

"Highlight" was going to Morelia yesterday... well, went with a friend (come to think of it, she's the only one so far I can call a friend here, but that's a start!) to shop for necessities and lunch. Works well for us, since we both pace ourselves

(she's been ill for a good while too tho not CF/FM. She found out -serendiptiously- she had TB in a tumor on her liver. The tumor apparently encapsulates it, it can actually end up anywhere or more than in 1 place, which I never knew before.,

It's pretty rare, scratch tests didn't show it, nor lungs; she had to have surgery in MX City, then be on meds for 6 months. Except the local doctor didn't read the directions and overdosed her for 3 WEEKS... amazing she lived, didn't really get bad until the end but TG no ER needed. anyway she figures she started going downhill about 15 years ago after visiting China, tho didn't really hit a wall til 20 months ago. And she didn't even visit the Great Wall of CHina, sigh... bad joke!

Speaking of Tacos and Chin(ese) food.... LOL I had both yesterday. Today I had NY strip steak at home courtesy of Costco. :)

We are still getting light frost overnight in the low 40s! Tho many days are 80+ - but bone dry. Using saline nasal spray continuously, and can NOT wait til the rains start end of May! Everything needs to be watered almost every day I realized....

So nothing new other than lousy sinus headache probably from the 'humo' (technically, "smoky" but really a combination of mostly dust from fields with some smoke from burnings)... thankfully where we are, we're not in the city valleys with all the car pollution to enhance it... These 2 months are the only time I would like to be somewhere else.

Humo Periwinkle (not my real name)

[<i>This Message was Edited on 05/01/2010</i>]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2010]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here is a missing post by Toast retrieved from the Health Board.

5/1/10 7:05 PM ...

Spacee...glad to see you back and that you had a good time. Free food and music is a good reason for mountain climbing. . . . . . . . . . . . Im exhausted. We won 2 games and lost 1. Great time. Cold front blew through with a little rain (they keep playing) and I coulda done without that. Dont like cold fronts. Got some sun. We do it again tomorrow. Its only 9pm but I have to go to bed. Now. Goodnite ladies! (and any gentlemen that may be hanging around). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Toast (not my real name but somehow fitting)
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Got the computer back. It was in the no-workee mode, so Gordon took it to
    the computer guy at his office. The only problem is, 60 other employees do
    the same thing.

So anyhoo, we eventually got it back, but it still has problems. E.g., can't get on w/
    Internet Explorer anymore. Mozilla Firefox still works.

Having a computer is kinda like marriage; or a job; or most anything else in life.
    Just have ta face the fact that there will be rough patches now and then.

Your circular drive sounds very elegant, Spacee. You can sit on the porch and
    sip coffee from a demitasse and watch the semis go past. Maybe listen to
    some music by Vivaldi w/ semi quavers.

Hi, Victoria. I looked up periwinkle. A flower, a mollusk, a color, a ship, a movie, etc.
    I can picture it as a flower in a Disney cartoon, winking at folks.

Hope ya feel better when the rains come. Remember Jane Morgan's big hit
    about half a century ago? "The Day that the Rains Came Down."

Gonna go back and read the previous posts. Come one, come all. Don't miss
    it if ya can.

6. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Thank you Rock. Always someone to my rescue. I figured out if I log out then try to reply and log back in again, the post sticks. Always figured that the PC was the greatest invention since sliced bread. Nah...the people that fix them are. . . . . . . . . .You all are like chocolate...habit forming. Had to come in and get my daily chuckle. And Spacee...you know I didnt birth that foal myself right? "Dont look sick to me". Hmmph. Yall crack me up. I want to stay but gotta go. I know these people at the games think Im the laziest person alive when they see DH hauling all the stuff and me not dragging anything but my butt. Dont look sick to them either. Hmmmph.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Crackers (not my real name)
  7. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Good morning all......

Well, for the 2nd day in a row I was out of bed by 7:30! DH was up at 5:00 in order to be at the ambulance base by 6:00 for his 6 hour shift. I think I dozed a little bit after he left but I kept thinking of all the things I wanted to accomplish today, so I just gave in and got up! Finished re-organizing the closet in our bedroom, took the doggie for a nice long walk, started some laundry, finally put all the winter hats and gloves away, blah, blah, blah........!

Sometimes I sit and wonder if the 4 units of packed red-blood cells that I received during the second surgery were from some superman/woman 'cause with the exception of some of the usual aches and pains of FM, I really feel pretty good! And the aches and pains usually come AFTER I've felt good and have done too much. But, I guess we're all like that, aren't we? Oh well, at least I haven't started growing chest hair or something!! :)

Rock - nice to see you back again. Whatcha been doin'?

OK, I've been sitting here for a while. Guess I better go put the stuff in the dryer now. I'll be back later.

8. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

We are having a lazy Sunday morn. We live close to lk Washington but can not see from our house. We do see the float planes take off and land. A long time ago i took a float plane up to Canada. It was so awesome flying over the san jaun islands they fly low so you can see all the beauty.

Our cousin called just now and she is sick as a dog. As a result i will not be going which is ok with me don't want to get sick. It would have been a 2 hour drive round trip.
    Paul is doing a loan for them and he has to go pick up the paper work.

Spacee i am so glad you are back. Glad you had fun and a good nights sleep. How was your
    hike up the hill for music under the stars? Your new circular drive sounds cool. Bet you will
    be happy when all the work is complete.

Victoria nice to see you. Sounds like you have mucho work ahead with all the watering. I am glad you have a good friend there.

Jan watch out for that kryptenite. Good thing no chest hair but what about your chiny chin chin. You have more energy than i do girlfriennd.

Rock you need to ask santa for a new computer. Thanks for saving crackers posts. Maybe if your talk real nice that darn computer may work beter just kidding.

Misfit "you don't look sick" I used to hate it when people would tell me that it was as though they were saying you must be pretending. Now i just say thank you.

Haven't been to the library yet it is on my list. Haven't had a library card since the eighties. It is about time. There are 4 books i want to read. Beginng painting book was over $20.00 at Michaels. I thiink i will try some audio books also. I so need a new hobby. So glad i found all of you.

earth mamma (not my real name)
  9. spacee

spacee Member

You are all highly intelligent though...you know how to do "puters" when they work and that
    is more than my pcp can do.

I will start with a correction. The view from my front porch is not semi's and quaking...that is
    Rebecca/Crackers sounds. My view is 6 amigo's trucks. Though I am not sure which is better.
    Maybe both are crap.

The mountain climb didn't do me in as I thought it would. One mistake, put our chairs
    by a circle of chairs. Later realized those folks came to chat and not listen. They could
    have done that on the other side of the Tower. It was all this talk about "our Bahamma
    vacation, we did this and we did that....nothing of real interest though.

Happen to see some folks we had not seen in 25 years (since we moved from Lakeland here).
    Nothing of interest there either..haha Their kids all grew up and moved to the other side
    of the country and I am beginning to wonder if it is worth it to have them. They seem
    to want to live their own lives. After all that hard work 24/7. :)

I am thinking that I could live a much more interesting life if 1, I had a house maid 2. I had
    a personal maid. and 3. I had an impersonator to take my place at functions and report
    back to me just what I did. Oh, and while I am at it...a secretary too.

Off to never never land of something, blinking and nod.

Good to read the posts...I feel reconnected!

Love you all!

Sleepy in Lake Wales....(really)

10. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Went to lunch with DH and then to Chico's for clothes.DH tried waiting outside but I had to pull him in to carry all my stuff.I love their clothes,they fit my body just perfectly.I tried on the capris but not the tops knowing I like them looser.I should have taken the time because two are to big.I got a pretty flowing tangerine tunic but I look like a pumpkin so nix to that.We stopped at Lowes real quick on the way home but I ran out of steam and crawled back to the car and waited to go home.I had a good time.

So after that trip Mothers Day gift is done so if the weather is nice I'll get flowers and hope for the energy to get them planted sometime after.

I agree with Spacee a personal asst. would be great.I could shop,they could carry and then cook when we get home.I could get flowers and they could plant and get supper ready.My family still doesn't get this concept yet.I can't do more then one thing.I more suspect they don't won't to get it so I'm still working on that.
    Shopping Queen
  11. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Jeez Jan...I want some of whatever they gave you! Im so hoping this new found energy lasts! . . . . . . . . . . . . My remark about not "looking sick" was in response to Spacees pun. They might think it but they wouldnt say it. I still have some of my teeth to bite their heads off with lol. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Survived the wknd. Not TOO much worse for the wear. Had a great time and our boys did pretty good. All that energy...oh to be young again! I dont think Id want to do my life over again tho. Not unless I was a lot smarter. . . . . . . . . If yall ever find yourself in Muskogee Okla- do NOT eat at El Chicos. The worst food ever. The restaurant was hot and the food cold. Pulled pork tacos arent pulled pork. Taco Bell woulda been better. There was a Red Lobster up the street. Shouldve gone there. Didnt say anything cos it embarasses DH. How can they improve if they dont know right? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . If you ever figure out how to get all those "personals" for cheapcheapcheap sign me up! Plumber coming today. Bad leak. DH tried to fix it but hes no plumber. So glad he finally admitted it! Happy monday! . . . . . .The Little Mermaid
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

My DH once tried to fix our shower. He doesn't know his own strength. He tried to unscrew a fitting that was tight/stuck, and ended uo twisting the whole thing, wall pipes and all.

Thankfully on the other side of the wall was a closet so the plumber could cut a 3x4 foot panel out to replace it all, or we would've been replacing ceramic tile. Then again, that would've been a good thing (tho more $$) since the tile was 'harvest gold'!

"Earth Mama" - audiobooks rock! They're great if you're cleaning or just resting or can't sleep at night! I miss mine since my computer quit (this linux system won't download the software needed. Or at least I can't figure out how to make it do so. I was able to download SKype because I found a Linux link, but few things do.)

Jan, I really too wonder about the blood transfusions! You know there's a procedure where they run your blood under UV light which klls the pathogens in in it. Of course, it doesn't help if you have 'stealth pathogens" like Lyme, Mycoplasma, CPn, etc, as they aren't always in the blood stream. I have wondered if regular treatment spaced out every 3 months might help with treating some of these things tho, along with abx etc.

OK Spacee our bouganvillea & a couple of other things are not doing all that well. We apparently have had several light frosts the past week, the regrowing leaves are blacked/wilted tho some are still green.

I think I am going to get doubles of the colors I want and then plant them together in each spot to help give them insulation. But I think this spring the nights have been cooler than usual, at least compared to last year. Tho last year I wasn't paying as much attention as I hadn't planted anything....

Hiya Rock, no, I don't remember "The Day that the Rains Came Down." but when summer does get here, that will be every day! I DO remember "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by Joan Baez tho.... catchy tho I never thought the words made that much sense.

Hope some of the MIAs show up soon... Fay, Jole, Barry, and everyone else I'm missing!

Wife of the non-green Incredible Hulk
    (not our real names)
  13. spacee

spacee Member

I found the large glass fish artwork that would look PERFECT in the fixed glass window (kitchen)
    (Since plants won't grow there). It is magnificent. $3,500 too. So I won't be buying it.
    At least I found it. Found another fish on Ebay. It will work.

Victoria....I was just listening to the Night They Drove Old Dixie Down this noon. You are not
    from the south...I don't care if you did live in Georgia for a while. It is about the yankees
    coming during the War of Northern Aggression (as taught in our school books) and "just
    take what you need and leave the rest....but they never should have taken the very best".
    The yankees were very bad to the mannerly southern folk....just saying.

Oh thank heaven, I decided to not go with Harvest gold glass in the backsplash after what
    V. said about her harvest gold tile! In the last hour of the game, I switched to aqua. Now
    I know everyone is going to say that was a great idea, cause that is the way ya'll are.
    But it is. You gonna have to trust me.

It was 100 degrees here yesterday said the lady at the cleaners. Felt like it today.

She said to me "you're not working". I replied "not today". I'm getting quicker in
    my 24 year of this DD.

Victoria. God is trying to warn you about the Bouganvilla. Trust me. ROTFL

Does every one have their taco chips for May 5th?

I love all the posts...they crack me up!

Enchilada (not my real name)
  14. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Well fine. I didnt want to admit that my BV looks very sick. Victoria is braver than myself. DH said that he thought they couldnt be killed (I told him what Spacee said). Leave it to me...
  15. victoria

victoria New Member

Well the cold can certainly kill them, which is why they've never taken over the south like kudzu..... actually the cows like kudzu I've heard, and I certainly don't see it in cow pastures! Anyway, where do you have the bouganvillea sitting? It does need light...

Spacee - the part I didn't get was why 'people were singing, la, la la la, la, la'... it didn't fit the gravity of the song. BTW, did you know it was written by a Canadian? I know the war was fought for more than one reason actually...

LOL it's the kiss of death calling anything harvest gold or avocado green, even tho they have come back into popularity - they just can't call them that anymore. I am somewhat prejudiced against the color just cuz I had to live with 2 bathrooms for 21 years in those colors... I am so tired of it. But if I hadn't had them, I think the 'new gold' would look great. Of course I love aqua, turquoises, etc....

Remember that dusty pink? Had that as vinyl tile on bedroom floor for 18 years, hate it too and this house has it in one bathroom plus kitchen backsplash - ugh. AND harvest gold paint, to add insults to injury. At least I could paint over the gold, hehe.

It's always funny how everything comes around again, just slightly reinterpreted. 1950s were the heydays of pink, greys, turquoises.aquas...

16. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Hey Patty......I'm well past worrying about chiny-chin-chin hair! At least it's blonde!! :) I've been thinking about a new hobby too. Interesting that you mentioned watercolor painting a while back. I've thought about that too. But I think I probably should try paint-by-numbers first!!

Spacee - don'tcha just HATE it when people talk about their vacations? I do! My siblings are both better off financially than I am and take at least 2 vacations a year. I get really p*ssed off when we get together (not too often 'cause they both live out of town) and I have to hear about where they've been and what they've done. My DH and I have been together for 15 years and we've taken 1 vacation. When we're sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves, we often talk about what where we'd like to go if we ever get any money. I want to go somewhere near the ocean. Love the water!
    I love the idea of a maid, but I'd probably have to clean the house before she came! Aqua for the backsplash! I love it.....great idea (did I say that outloud?!!!!) Actually, if given the choice, I would have chosen aqua too! BTW, I like your response to the lady at the cleaners. Doesn't leave room for further inquiries.

Pam - if I had my coice between Chicos and Loews.....I'd pick Chicos too!

Misfit - sorry your meal at El Chicos was a bust. You should have gone to Pam's Chicos!! :)

Victoria - your comment about you DH and the plumbing snafu reminded me of my dad. He is a civil engineer. He has his masters, owned his own engineer business for 25 years, then taught at RIT until he retired 3 years ago at the age of 82!! Anyway, he tried to fix some wiring in our house once and almost electrocuted himself! We still laugh about that. I've never heard of the UV light/blood thingee. Do ya ever wonder who thinks of these things?

Ew......avacado green. When my ex-dh and I bought our first house it had striped green and white wallpaper and..........ok, wait for it .............................bright green shag carpeting!!!

Well, ladies and germs......guess I'll close off for now. Perhaps if I'm not busy later I'll come back!! Tee-hee!

Superjan (not my real name!)
  17. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Just watching the news, Nashville is under water as much rain has flooded much of Tennessee.
    Fight are you keeping up on this news.
    Thinking of any of you that live there, be safe as flood waters are very dangerous.

Someone mention taco's/ taco bell is very reasonable with their prices. Burritos are my favorite. Hey this is anohter eating place that considers age 55 senior discount.
    If i remember right the discount is Free Drink.

I wonder if the Louisianna oil spill/disaster will also effect cost of fish oil capsuls.
    They say cost of fish will increase and some places already have due to the oil rig explosion.
    Terrible all of this has happened.

Senior Discount (not my real name)
  18. spacee

spacee Member

If we keep the (not my real name thingy) but I do like it!

1. Vic, the song isn't lalalalalala. It's Nanananana As in Nannie, nannie booboo when you
    win over someone else. They were gloating. Didn't know the Canadian was feeling our
    pain, must have known some yankees. (I am really just kidding).

2. I have a pink and torquoise green bathroom vintage from 1950 and my ex twin has a
    dusty pink and gray one from the same year. It's looking old but I still like it. They don't
    make things like they used to.

3.McD's doesn't give Seniors free drinks but they do have a Senior Coffee and Senior drink
    discount. In Lake Wales it is 85 cents, in Winter Have 74...don't know why the difference.

4. 2nd son got the job. Now has to move to Jacksonville (from Orlando) and we have to
    get #3 son graduated in North Carolina. Next two weeks seem kinda hectic.
    What is the job? It has a nice title but basically they want him to do fundraising for the
    campus. (This kid did NOT take after me. Cause I hate teaching and despise fundraising.)
    I would rather be beaten, as they used to say. His title is Dean/Professor.

He has no qualifications but they decided they would never get a Cambridge grad with
    qualifications. So they took him. It's a job!!! And it's about 3 hours away!!!

Mother of a son with a job!! (really!)

19. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

I am remembering NO ONEs names tonite so please forgive me. My BV faces west...but weve had nites in the 40s. Next year Ill replant if this one doesnt make it and leave it in the container until june! . . . . . . . . . .I dont kmw what Chicos is bv I related to the poster with the tangerine blouse. Wont buy red because I think I look like a giant tomato. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Y'all can hate on my sister right now. They sailed out of galveston yesterday for a 7 day cruise. Celebrating 25 yrs of wedded so called bliss. She earned this trip after 25yrs with her hub. A whole other story. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . .And whats up with the chin hair anyway? Got my 1st at 23. Now I give DH a run for his money. I panic when I cant find tweezers. And not all tweezers are made the same. Doc said theres nothing that can be done permanently. Story of my life.... . . . .to be continued...
  20. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

The plumber showed up. An hour and a half late. Guess I was lucky they showed at all. They gave me a rough estimate and will call in the am with the final number. Thing is...I dont think I want them back. I NEVER wanted to judge a book by its cover...and we live in an area where meth use is almost epidemic so you get good at spotting them...and I would bet DHs salary (he makes more than I do) that both these yokels were cranked. Im NOT a gambler so risking his paycheck is huge. Im going to tell him thanks but no thanks that hubby thinks its too much money and will do it himself. I just dont feel comfortable with them. And 4-5 hrs to replace a couple of small pipes doesnt sound right. Im no plumber but something is stinky here. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Spacee congrats on your sons job! Id be bouncing off the walls with joy. Hope its all he wants it to be. . . . . . . . Off to bed in the bed for me. Nite all! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Burnt Toast