#39 The Lounge Happy Cinco De Mayo Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spacee, May 4, 2010.

1. spacee

spacee Member

Hope I spelled it correctly.

Know I said I would start this tomorrow but the iron was hot.

I have to crow. I have 100 "friends" on Facebook. Ex twin has 70.
    I don't know who these people are but they have been referred
    by a familiar face from high school. So, we are 'friends'. It's the ex
    who was worried that I had more...not me. I only read about the sons.

Gotta get to bed. I don't have anyone to clean, cook or be me but today
    I did acquire a young mother who is going to 'help' me with my flowers.
    I am so happy. I have waited 24 years for flowers.

Jan, I would like to have all that blood you got. I bet it did something
    good for you. Maybe it was a doctor's. They have to have a lot of stamina
    to get through the day.

Shopping Queen, you broke one of the rules on What Not to Wear. You are
    not allowed to buy something without trying it on. Now you know. I love
    Chico's jeans cause they fit me. Haven't found any others that do.

I love you kids so much.

Birki's (on QVC right now)
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Whats Facebook? I kid, I kid. I have one my daughter created for me but I dont ever check it out. . . . Im glad you started this. Im so lost over on the other thread. Whos been to the dentist...going to Chicos...camping trip stories...sons on amazing adventures. And thats just for starters. Im still meandering around over there like the Israelites did in the desert for 40 years lol. I plan on doing nothing today. Theres plenty to do...dishes, laundry etc. Im just not going to do it. Im hurting really bad so Im taking the day off. Somebody zap me a genie to do all this stuff. And make him cute! . . . . . . . . . . . .Wishful Thinking (not my real name)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2010]
  3. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Regarding Facebook.DS complained this morning that cousin had her 5yr. old ask to friend him.He said he doesn't want kids reading his posts.I discovered she asked me too.What is her mother thinking?I rarely post myself but I was able to invite all the family for FIL's birthday later this month with one easy swoop.

Your right Spacee.I haven't shopped in so long I forgot and have lost my Shopping Queen status now.Try on Clothes!

I was already outside this morning with a rake in my hand.Ran it over the dirt a little so I can throw down more grass seed.Two or three back and forths and I gave up.No way am I up to that.I'm thinkin on another solution.

It's been a zoo here from the min. we got up.Pup Lily got one of my pills and isn't feeling well,Dad was in an uproar needing assistance and oldest son called all at once.

Former Crown holder
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

hope your puppy is ok! TG none of our dogs have ever swallowed one of our pills or supplements for that matter. You know the chewables of the anti-inflammatories for dogs? One of our dogs loved them and spilled the bottle 1X. It was new and I could figure out that she ate 8 of them; called poison control, but they said it was ok. TG!

Further adventures (not!) with doggies - I was getting T3 (or T4?) per Wilson's Syndrome for thyroid delivered- fed-ex left it propped on our gate! Didn't even know it had arrived til taking a walk in the field and finding it open with pills all over. By that time, it'd been obvious I think if any had swallowed any. FedEx had to replace as we've never okayed their leaving stuff without a signature because of this type of delivery.... not the first time. I could go on and on about Fed-Ex as well as our dogs - they were a wrecking crew, but will save the stories for later.

5 de Mayo - celebrates what Yahoo calls a "doubtful" victory over French in Puebla, mostly celebrated "seriously" in northern MX states, but hey - nobody needs any reason really to holiday here. BTW, the "real" MX Independence Day is Sept. 16...

I still don't really know what the Dia del Ninos is for... if Georgia reads this, maybe she can tell us.

Spacee & others, you're on FB? I am too. Good way to at least share photos. It would be hard to turn down a 5 yo, wouldn't it?

Now it's suddenly turned warmer and has stayed hazy/"humo". Still no rain in sight, but out of nowhere this sky-full of dust has descended on us overnight, literally, and isn't going away soon until it does I think. Hoping it will be like last May where we did get a couple of showers in middle of the month.

Dusty Springfield
    (who's watering today.... hoping the plants revive from last week's frost. Tho I think we'll be double-planting everything anyway to get a better start.)

PS - we used chicken wire baskets to guard roots against gophers - but I think one was gnawed thru :(

5. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

Victoria i would be happy to share our rain with you. Sorry about the gophers they are so hard
    to get rid of. We used to have big mounds of dirt pop up at the old house. Drove dh crazy.
    Is your town having a big celebration today with mariachi bands?

100 friends on facebook wow. Spacee how do you keep track? I have one but rarely go there. I get confused easily.

Poor Lillie i hope she will be ok. That is one of my worst nightmares. I don't know how you do it. Your plate is so full. I prob would have lost it when eveything blew up at the same time.
    Crown Holder you did not say not your real name..Hmm are you a beauty Queen or a shopping

Send that genie over to my house when your done. I want one too. Glad your taking it easy today Misfit. Feel better k.

We have had storm fronts everyday for 3 days. I've been taking it easy. Our son turned 35
    yesterday. Dh cooked steaks with cheese cake for dessert. His company gave him a card
    and a $50.00 gift cert. He is so lucky to be where he is. His boss was voted to be the best to his employees. So many perks. Not like real estate.

Sometimes i miss real estate. However i will most likely never go back.

Jan thanks for your kind words. Friends just don't get it sometimes. It is hard to lose a friend
    at least for me. I have adjusted but still miss the social aspect.

Happy cinco de mayo (sp?)
  6. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

My 24yo daughter just showed up. Shes cleaning house. An early mothers day pressie she says. Not quite the genie I hoped for but Ill take what I can get. When the 3 older kids were young theyd ask me what I wanted and always said a clean house and no fighting. Never got that one lol. Shes not working so Ill pay her to clean. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Sorry about the storms Pumpkin. They make me hurt. Sounds like your son has a great boss. The co DH works for used to have tons of perks. Company picnics where they gave away items like plasma tvs, patio sets, riding lawn mowers etc. Did it at xmas time too. Not anymore. He just celebrated the anniversary where hed have gotten a niiice bonus. Got a signed card from corporate instead lol. At least the doors are still open in this recession. They closed a plant in Georgia so were lucky. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .its hot here today. Good for my tiny garden. . . . . . . . . .hot dog (not my real name)
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Feeling rather pooped. I told the garden mommy that I would get up at 11 am to meet with
    her. Really didn't sleep well after 9:30am

Jobs! I agree any perks are gone. But thankful for a job since we have gone down the
    road of business failure before. It's nerve wrecking.

BOUGANVILLAs. That is what 'garden mommy" thinks would look great in our yard.
    STOP LAUGHING VICTORIA!! Evidently there are dwarf, thornless BV's now. She
    thinks two of them with a tree in the middle. Can't remember which kind we decided
    on. Gotta love her.

Bouganvilla on Sinko Day. (My real name)
  8. spacee

spacee Member

Vic said that it would be interesting to see what each other looked like on FaceBook.
    I found her 'Face'. Victoria....it was a lyme bug! Very nice, green and black.

I only ready my son's/spouses posts on FB. Having gone to a small high school,
    it seems that a number of people want to feel that comraderie again...I guess.
    Most of them are a year older and I really don't remember them at all. I had
    to go home after school and take care of my brother and fix supper! Mother

Love you kids...hope you get a good night's rest.

9. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Oh my, 2 of mine were into mischief today. Either they found a skunk or the skunk found them and whew do they smell like a skunk, both of them. Horrible smell !!!

Lucky you Misfit aka hot dog or another name, having daughter show up cleaning your house for early mother's day present. Oh how sweet, i don't have a daughter so no such luck for me.

All have a resftful evening
    smelly skunk (not my real name)
  10. spacee

spacee Member

That is not a nice smell...yuk! I hope you know something that 'helps'!

I am going to report for Victoria that she 'tied one on' at a May 5th party and
    won't be able to check in til she recovers. I didn't get this straight from her
    but from her Facebook page.

I agree...I didn't have a daughter either! Not fair! My kid stopped by to give me a
    card and take my car from me! 2000 Camry we are giving him to go to work in.
    I got a 2005 Camry. I hope that isn't the year they started with the gas problems!
    It was a local, one owner.

I do hope our MIA's are enjoying Spring. It's been very, very HOT here. Like August.

Wake Up Vic!

Love you all!

Hungover (not my real name)
  11. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

You all sure have some mischievious doggies! Folks around here bathe their animals who tangle with skunks in tomato juice. Might take a couple of times to get all the stink out. Dont kno if it works or not...they just swear by it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .it was nice of DD to clean for me. Shes not working so I did pay her. It was worth it. Im down for the count right now. Sons are awesome too tho. Mine have me on a pedestal. At least till they marry. Ill lose my spot lol. When PG with my last it was high risk and my son couldnt do enough for me. Worried constantly. My DDs were like "get up off your butt!" oh yes they rode me hard lol. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  12. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Back from getting my teeth cleaned.No cavities but that darn dentist still tries to come up with something to drum up some business.He sees a gap in my front teeth so maybe I should consider braces.He's nuts!

Guess I can't go flower shopping just yet.A frost is expected this weekend.

Lily is fine she slept off whatever pill she swallowed.

I was watching Grand-daughter on the daycare camera and came so close to calling DD to go get her.She looks like she doesn't feel good yet.She crawled up on the teacher and was laying around on the floor not herself at all.It broke my heart.I'll leave it to the school to call her but I think it best to not peek in on her again.It's hard being a grandma today lol.

Time to serve my 10min. 30 day commitment for today.Another message group I visit asks that we go outside each day for 10min.rain or shine and share what we experienced.
    It's an effort to do something nice for yourself by gardening,walking or enjoying nature.Kind of a quiet time.It lifts my mood and is nice.

13. victoria

victoria New Member

ya got me! Haha no pics of wild parties on my FB page... but neighbor's b'day was yesterday so spent the night eating BBG, tiramisu and salad and.... 2 martinis over 5 hours. No margaritas, alas, since we were singing Happy Birthday. Her MX BF sang her the traditional Mexican birthday song, which sadly I have no idea as to what the words are.

OK I AM laughing because... I really think our boug. is DEAD. That unseasonable frost last week really got them, plus a vine that had done well over winter with some protection, plus my hydrangea - tho it had small sprouts that are stil growing. I'm very sad. I will at least replant the vines, don't know about the boug... maybe one.

Funny thing is there was a vine-y weed starting by our gate wall that we pulled out - reminded me of kudzu the way it was growing... but in retrospect I think it could've looked really cool IF we'd contained it/and it was possible-- and probably survive the frosts since it IS a weed...

ew skunks! At least they'll probably never go near one again, usually all it takes is 1X! There's supposed to be a betteer way thabn tomato juice (look online) but TJ does work pretty well, I can testify.... ;)

Well there are some big clouds in the hazy sky, hopefully that means just maybe sometime we'll get an anomolous T-storm... never know, keeping my fingers crossed.

(my real Indian Spirit name)

PS-Well, Spacee - you can now 'see me' more or less in my photo albums, think most of my pics are of me in shadows, hehehehe.... actually most of my friends there are not from HS or college, most are Lymies and others from my support group back in the US... if you haven't already noticed LOL. May IS Lyme Awareness month., thus the 'lovely' tick.... more to come!
  14. spacee

spacee Member

If you are interested. I was able to befriend Victoria because I happened to know her
    last name. She is cute and doesn't look sick at all. She looks like she is living the
    tourist life in Mexico...lots of fun.

Vic uses her Facebook for her Lyme friends. I used mine to read what my sons' post.
    So, not really any interaction there.

I LOVE the idea of going outside for 10 minutes and posting on what it meant to us
    (or something like that). We might have to have different rules. Cause if I go
    outside at home, the only thing I am going to experience is Toby barking.
    (I am really concerned that he scared off my plant lady). So I might have to
    sit outside the post office or someplace and post about it. Wanna do it?...can if
    you want, don't if you don't care to.

We are having the strangest weather. We may HAVE to take on weeds as plants.
    Oh, heck, we have already been doing that for decades during the drought.
    No grass...just weeds for grass.

I need to look up the name of a bush that has blue flowers that is around here.
    It lives hot/cold and dry or wet. When the drought was at it's worst, you still
    saw that bush everywhere. We have them but not where we can see them.

Misfit 101, when you post, it feels like a life I have already lived except for the
    daughter part. And I am going to say it again. You don't look sick. I think that
    is why people just can't get that we can't do anything.

Pam...I would wonder about that dentist needing work..haha. But sometimes
    you just run across someone who loves his work of making people look their
    best. Our youngest had an appt with a surgeon to have his jaws fixed. That
    doctor told us about that surgery.

Then he went on to say "I can take a little off the bridge of his nose, etc, etc. Just about dropped my teeth. He is a nice looking kid. We don't need him to be a movie star. Wait. Darn, all that money he could have earned for us. I AM a little slow. Never had the jaws fixed
    so it's not too late!

Ok, tomorrow, I am going to spend 10 minutes outside and report on my observations.

Love you kids,

Homemaker who waits on tile for backsplash

15. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Oh how could I forget that I dont look sick? I know one thing...becky's super stressed right now and becky can handle only so much of that crap then becky starts nutting and then becky might not look sick but she sure looks nuts. Maybe theyll recognize THAT.............................Sign me up for sitting outside for 10 mins and reporting on what we see. I like that. Instead of 15 minutes of fame it could be our 10 minutes of flame lol............................Becky (my real nick name)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/06/2010]
  16. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

Fine time for me to sit outside.Maybe between raindrops today.
    Yesterday I sat in the swing and laughed and laughed at the crazy dog chasing two squirrels up the fence.It was like they were playing with her over and over.Her long ears make a whap whap sound as she flys toward you.So funny.

DD called and said she was on the way to pick up sick GD a short time after I posted.She said I should call anytime I notice something wrong with the baby.She trusts me to know even if it's from Fl. to Oh.She took her to aftercare and it's a sore throat and virus nothing to be done so not serious.I'm pleased that I could tell though even though I live so far.

Have a nice day guys.

17. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

Hi boys and girls -

Haven't been on for a couple of days 'cause I've been feeling like dookie, but I've been lurking!! Just didn't feel like "talking," I guess.

Well.......they came to turn off our gas and electric again yesterday. I was home alone and had just laid down for a nap. They guy who came said that if we could make a payment by 5:30 he wouldn't turn it off. Well, I tried to get hold of the DH and couldn't. He finally called back about 2 hours later and by then I was in a frenzy.

I ended up having to call the food stamp people - don't ask.....it's a stupid system here - and had the most surreal conversation. The woman on the other end of the phone wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise and was incredibly rude. She told me how she was going to have to work late because she had 10 other calls waiting for her, then proceeded to tell me that she was 65 years old and worked 2 jobs. She essentially was infering that I was a low-life, taking advantage of the system.

So, I lost it. I started crying and said to her, "Do you think I like this? I would much rather be working. I've never had to ask for help from anyone before." I told her that she made me feel like a pile of garbage. She then went on to "apologize" (yeah, whatever!) and said that she had just been trying to empathize with me. I continued to cry and yell at her. I asked her for her name and at first she wouldn't give it to me. She finally gave it to me. I hope the conversation was recorded. My DH is going to call someone over there at Social Services today to complain.

THEN.....when I finally got hold of someone at the electric company, it was like talking to a brick wall. The gist of the conversation was that there was nothing she could do for me. At the end of the conversation she actually had the b*lls to tell me to "have a nice day"!!!!! I said, "Yeah, I'll have a great day.....in the dark."

Anyway, my DH was able to take care of it and nothing bad happened. Except that I bet my blood pressure went through the roof!

So, I haven't felt much like chatting. Now, I have to go clean. I'll be back later. Hopefully in a better mood.

18. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Pam...gotta love modern technology. My mother worked at what was then called a child care center. She was management so I had run of the place. I love going to the babies and toddlers areas. I think my fear of day care centers started there. I never wanted my kids in one. How great to be able to watch them via web cam like that! If theyd had that when my kids were younger I wouldnt have been so nervous. And to spot your grandbaby not feeling well. Grandma knows! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Good grief Jan...as if you havent had enough to worry abov. Utility companies arent good at working with people. Im sure that caseworker was stressed but NO EXCUSE taking it out on you! I wouldve been tempted to tell her in these times when millions have lost their jobs that shes lucky to HAVE TWO JOBS. Some cant find even one. I might be looking at this thru clouded eyes...Ive been on the receiving end of that attitude. Not everyone receiving aid are bums. They forget that I think. Im sorry she made you feel bad. I doubt thats in her job description. Glad you quit lurking....
  19. victoria

victoria New Member

"people... who need people... are the luckiest people..."
    Uh, nowadays those particular words have a real different slant, you know? Because too many "people" just do NOT understand what other people need - and those withchronic illnesses/ailments do not want to need people! -to reverse that sentiment.

That's great you can watch your GD at daycare! I felt lucky to stay home and work, and have a nanny - meaniing I was always around! yet could run to the store or send her on errands. I "retired" to running my DH's office from home since it was just setting app'ts occasionally, being available, mostly paperwork actually. Tho being married to a psychologist really did mean being availabe when he occasionally wasn't (no cellphones then) -2X I had to call police to take a pt to psych ward. A bit unnerving esp with little kids running around and trying to deal with a same time.

A friend of mine, a teacher, started a daycare center so she could be with her kids, now owns 2 big ones that are doing even better with the recession remarkably!

20. victoria

victoria New Member

"people... who need people... are the luckiest people..."
    Uh, nowadays those particular words have a real different slant, you know? Because too many "people" just do NOT understand what other people need - and those withchronic illnesses/ailments do not want to need people! -to reverse that sentiment.

That's great you can watch your GD at daycare! I felt lucky to stay home and work, and have a nanny - meaniing I was always around! yet could run to the store or send her on errands. I "retired" to running my DH's office from home since it was just setting app'ts occasionally, being available, mostly paperwork actually. Tho being married to a psychologist really did mean being availabe when he occasionally wasn't (no cellphones then) -2X I had to call police to take a pt to psych ward. A bit unnerving esp with little kids running around and trying to deal with a same time.

A friend of mine, a teacher, started a daycare center so she could be with her kids, now owns 2 big ones that are doing even better with the recession remarkably!