39 things you DON'T know about Lyme Disease (online article)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karatelady52, Nov 20, 2005.

1. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

The only ones I haven't had in the last 30 years are rash,
    unexplained milk production, facial paralysis and testicular pain (ha-ha). 1 and 39 are same for some reason.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Symptoms range from mild to crippling and mimic everything from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia to the common cold, say experts

By DEREK CLONTZ
    4-Page Media, Inc.

GAINESVILLE, Florida - Government agencies, doctors and researchers agree - Lyme Disease is the "illness with a thousand faces," ravaging patients with at least 38 symptoms that make the infection extraordinarily difficult to diagnose.

Here, from medical journals, newspapers, magazines, and clinical and epidemiological studies, they are:

1. Rash at bite site or other sites (many don't get rash)
    2. Muscle twitching of the face or other areas
    3. Unexplained fevers, sweats, chills
    4. Headache
    5. Fatigue
    6. Neck creaks and cracks, neck stiffness
    7. Unexplained weight change (loss or gain)
    8. Tingling, numbness, burning, stabbing sensations
    9. Unexplained hair loss
    10. Facial paralysis
    11. Swollen glands
    12. Eyes/vision: loss of vision, double, blurry, pain,
    increased floaters
    13. Sore throat
    14. Ears/hearing: buzzing, ringing, ear pain
    15. Testicular pain/pelvic pain
    16. Dizziness, poor balance
    17. Increased motion sickness
    18. Unexplained menstrual irregularity
    19. light-headedness, wooziness, difficulty walking
    20. Unexplained milk production (lactation)
    21. Tremors
    22. Irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction
    23. Disturbed sleep
    24. Sexual dysfunction or loss of libido
    25. Confusion, difficulty in thinking
    26. Upset stomach or change in bowel function
    27. Difficulty with concentration or reading
    28. Chest pain or rib soreness
    29. Forgetfulness, poor short-term memory
    30. Shortness of breath, cough
    31. Difficulty with speech
    32. Heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block
    33. Joint pain or swelling
    34. Mood swings, irritability, depression
    35. Stiffness of the joints, neck or back
    36. Heart murmur or valve prolapse
    37. Muscle pain or cramps
    38. Exaggerated or worse hangover from alcohol
    39. Rash at bite site or other sites (many don't get rash)
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

so bumping up!
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

I'm with you, the only ones I haven't had in the last 30 years are rash, unexplained milk production, facial paralysis and testicular pain!

I was tested with the Western Blot at the LA FFC and will get my results on Dec. 8,05. If I have Lyme I will have had it for 27 years. I don't know how much hope there is for somone who has had it for so long!

Thanks for posting this list!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2005]
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I've had it longer than you and I do believe we can get well. It will take awhile but what is the alternative?

The FFC works with your whole body to build up your immune system, get hormones back in check and abx to begin to fight the lyme. It is a very comprehensive program.

Don't give up --- keep us posted on your results!

Sandy
  5. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Hi Sandy,
    I'm like you and some of the others. Have all the symptons you have listed with exceptions of milk production and the rash at bite site..........really don't know how we've functiond all these years. And, I have faith we will over come this with the good treatment protocol the FCC in Atlanta has to offer us. It is nice to have met and talked with some of the patients there that have success. This gives me so much encouragement.

Hope you got through the Holiday without a set-back. It has been a stressful one for me, what little cooking I did really weakened me...........and guess what, I have been naughty, I broke my candidia diet and ate just a little dressing.........felt guilty and have really watched diet since.

P.S. I love our postings and learn something from all.
    God Bless,
    Dalphia
    Dalphia
  6. Dalphia

Dalphia New Member

Hi Sandy,
    I'm like you and some of the others. Have all the symptons you have listed with exceptions of milk production and the rash at bite site..........really don't know how we've functiond all these years. And, I have faith we will over come this with the good treatment protocol the FCC in Atlanta has to offer us. It is nice to have met and talked with some of the patients there that have success. This gives me so much encouragement.

Hope you got through the Holiday without a set-back. It has been a stressful one for me, what little cooking I did really weakened me...........and guess what, I have been naughty, I broke my candidia diet and ate just a little dressing.........felt guilty and have really watched diet since.

P.S. I love our postings and learn something from all.
    God Bless,
    Dalphia
    Dalphia
  7. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I have almost all of these symptoms as well. I go back to the FFC for my 2nd visit this Thurs. I want to be tested for Lyme. I feel like this may be my problem.

Meow