3rd phycological evaluatoin for SSD!!!!!!!!!!!AHAHAHhhhhh

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KYRock, Oct 8, 2002.

1. KYRock

KYRock New Member

Will it ever end? This will be my 2nd one for my first claim. I've also been to one for my new claim for SSD.
    If I wasn't nutts before I will be for this is all over with. I know I can't hold down a job so I can't give up.
    I think that's what SS wants us to do. They don't waste any time taking from us but they sure as heck take their time
    letting you have it back.
  2. KYRock

KYRock New Member

Will it ever end? This will be my 2nd one for my first claim. I've also been to one for my new claim for SSD.
    If I wasn't nutts before I will be for this is all over with. I know I can't hold down a job so I can't give up.
    I think that's what SS wants us to do. They don't waste any time taking from us but they sure as heck take their time
    letting you have it back.
  3. selma

selma New Member

you're so stressed out!!!!!!!

Wish I could help but have no experience with it.

Hang in there. I'll pray that all works out well for you.

Love, Selma
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Take a gin & tonic & call us in the morning. Seriously, do let us know how it goes. There are a bunch of us trying to keep the same leaky canoe afloat. I just got my 3rd batch of papers sent back and am waiting their decision on my claim. They still have not sent me to a shrink or any other kind of doctor. Frankly, I could give a rip whether they decide I am physically or mentally ill, as long as they approve it. I really gave it the old "poor me" bit this time. Hope it works. My former boss said he would have a letter out to me next week, and said if I don't like it, just tell him & he'll redo it. Bosses don't come much better than that. Wish I could still work there. Keep your chin up & remember we are all pulling for you.
    Kathryn
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

They don't want to pay and hope you'll give up. That is exactly right, which is why you must perservere! They sendyou a ton of papers to fill out. They humiliate you at every possible opportunity, esp. the hearing. They also withhold Medicare for 2 yrs. after your approval (or at least they used to) forcing you to pay for your own medical care out of pocket at a time when you have no funds. They hope you'll die before they have to give you Medicare. Having said all that, the gov't disability people are not half as bad as the private ones, from what I've heard. Hang in there! Ive been there,done that, got the T-shirt and wore it, but I eventually won, and couldn't live without my meager payments.
    Klutzo
  6. lizi

lizi New Member

The long road to SSD is LONG, FRUSTRATING, LONELY, FRIGHTENING, and more. I'm hanging in, though, I have no other choice. If I could just go back to work, it would solve all my problems - ha! But I can't, so gotta hang on. Some way or another, we have to be able to get some help.
    God Bless-
    Lizi
  7. debrastets

debrastets New Member

Dont give up! Thats what they wont you to do! Took me a year and just got approved! good luck!
  8. toniad

toniad New Member

i know i can't keep a real job. i wish i could, but i can't predict the flareups. I can't tell when i'm going to be crippled by the spasms in my legs and back. i feel like i'm going insane everytime i start thinking about how long and hard i've been fighting so-so security. its been 2 1/2 years, but i can't give up. i know the minute i do, they win, i don't. i have to keep trying.

i can't fight forever though either, so if i dont win ths time (which, if i did win, they owe me 30 months back pay the lawyer said), i am going to TRY to work again. i know i can't work everyday, i can't do anything (fog moment...grrrr....can't remember the words) everyday now. i just hope i get it this time. my doctor was very good about helping me and flling the papers out, so i'm praying I get it. Cross your fingers guys! I need help! what an awesome christmas present that would be.

well wishes
    tonia d.
  9. teach6

teach6 New Member

My attorney sent me to have testing done for SSDI, before they could have their own done. Today I went for something similar for my disability retirement, which is handled through the state, since I was a teacher.

The private one I already had was much more thorough, but the one today had a clincher. When he was finished he told me he had a test for me to take. It isn't at test at all, but a personality inventory.

My experience in teaching tells me it's not the best test out there. There are too many ambiguous questions. I could answer either way depending on my interpretation. I may well write that on the form when I send it in.

The best part came when I opened it up to start working on it and discovered there are 557 questions on it. Now I know I can't do that all in one sitting. Too bad he didn't have me try to do it in his office because I would have really flubbed it up before getting to the end!

I bet he got paid to give it to me in his office, but instead he made it a take home test, which doesn't seem too kosher to me!

Barbara