3rd Visit to the FFC today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Jan 17, 2006.

  1. meowchowchow

    meowchowchow New Member

    I talked to Dr. B for a while and told her I really wanted to be tested for Lyme. She wanted me to start the heparin but I am worried about herxing and being in bad shape right now.

    This is my last semester in school so if I can just make it until May then I can take some time to get sick before I get better! She also said if I test positive for Lyme that I can wait until May to start treatment.

    If I test negative, I can wait until May, take the heparin injections and get tested again and see if it comes up any differently. She's also testing me for bartonella and the other tick borne illness (can't remember what it's called).

    I go back in 4 weeks for my results. For now I'm just staying on all my supplements and hormones.

    Thanks,
    Meow
  2. LdyM

    LdyM New Member

    Meow, I was only really sick for about one week when starting the Heparin injections.

    I am also going to ask for the Lyme testing at my next FFC visit, as I'm not making much progress.

    Love, **LdyM

  3. meowchowchow

    meowchowchow New Member

    Thanks for your response. I'm in nursing school right now and it's killing me. BUT it's my last semester and if all goes well I will graduate in May. I really want to graduate so I don't want to rock the boat right now.

    Meow
  4. Mikie

    Mikie Moderator

    I'd wait til May before taking the Heparin. Even after several years on antibiotics and antivirals, I still Herxed and had a horrible immune response the entire time I was on the Heparin. Also, I bloated up like a balloon. Perhaps you won't have these problems, but if you can finish out the school term without doing the Heparin, I'd say to do it. Good luck.

    Love, Mikie