4.00 prescription program

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BraidieBunch, Oct 16, 2006.

1. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

Unable to pay COBRA for continued health insurance I am uninsured. I called up my local Walgreens to get a refill on Trazadone 300, 30 day supply. Was told with a smile I was given the "Non Insured" discount for a total of $142.
    Well..obviously not being able to afford it, I left. With no prescription in hand. Remembering the ads about Walmart(listed on line) in Florida having a list of generics being offered for the price of $4 a piece, I called my local Sam's club. They said they didn't have the same program, but were definitely cheaper. She told me the same prescription would be $13.50!!!
    I was amazed!!! I called the doctor to make sure this was the same med and he assured me it was just another generic, and not to worry.
    Can you believe the pharmacy profit????

Braidie
  2. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I have heard about that Walmart thing too. I wonder if it is going to happen. I mean all over the US. I heard it was starting on the East Coast. Anyone who knows anything about it ....Let everyone know PLEASE...Thanks bunches..~hugs~Mick
  3. aubrygreen

aubrygreen New Member

is just how big they are. It does kind of take away the 'hometown feeling' of smaller stores, but by god the prices do go down. I would suspect a lot of the price difference there is the difference between the namebrand and the generic, too... pharmaceutical companies have to make a profit, true, but sometimes I admit, I suspect them of taking advantage when they have a monopoly on a drug.
  4. BraidieBunch

BraidieBunch New Member

I was told that as of now it is only in Florida. But it will be available nationwide within the next year. Fortunately there is a printable list online that you can have your doctor refer to for substitutions. Thank goodness for little miracles!!!
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member