4-5 inches of snow and ice.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Dec 4, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

here in NC and I am hurtin' like crazy!!!! I'm eating these Oxy IR like M&Ms!!! No, not really, but I was taking two a day and now it's more like four~~~the doc said to let him know if I was taking five or more a day and he'd up my Oxycontin dose. I'm only on 10 mg. twice a day, so that isn't that much.
    I've never asked if anyone else was taking the Oxy IR to supplement their Oxycontin.........
    Anyone...anyone.............?????????????????????

Love,
    Kady bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2002]
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

here in NC and I am hurtin' like crazy!!!! I'm eating these Oxy IR like M&Ms!!! No, not really, but I was taking two a day and now it's more like four~~~the doc said to let him know if I was taking five or more a day and he'd up my Oxycontin dose. I'm only on 10 mg. twice a day, so that isn't that much.
    I've never asked if anyone else was taking the Oxy IR to supplement their Oxycontin.........
    Anyone...anyone.............?????????????????????

Love,
    Kady bbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2002]
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

Kady, we're getting the same thing and I'm hurting all over too! Difference being your doctor treats your pain... lucky you! But What I wanted to say is, if you pay attention to the barometer readings , when they are high like right now.. you're gonna hurt !! At least for me!!! Good luck and stay warm!!
  4. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hey,
    We are getting the snow, Sleet,freezing rain,etc here it is horrible.I actually worked for 4 hours this morning.Then I came home and took a short nap.I was hurting so much that is the first time I have heard of the barometer thing.I never pay any attention to that stuff. One thing that is really great about this site is that you usually learn something every time your here.Along with the support.I always hvae long post but once you get started its hard to stop its like you finally have someone to talk to that understands!

Shelle
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

prepared for what's coming weather-wise!! I used to have to watch the weather channel, but now I can forecast as well as they can!!! I used to laugh at the oldsters when they'd talk about pain prior to rain; I had to eat those chuckles!!!
    Yes, I am blessed to have a doctor who is treating my pain, but I doubt I'd have been prescribed the Oxy if the MRI didn't show the spinal stenosis and herniated discs and the joint arthritis. I was on prn Vicodin and Ultram and Mobic and Soma before, though, for the FMS, so I was being treated adequately then. I guess he thought my butt pain was Fibro pain, but I doubted it was. Guess I was right on that one. That was always my worst pain and it was one the meds just didn't affect whatsoever, but the Oxycontin and Oxy IR do if I take enough.
    I just hope I don't have to take larger and larger amounts of it, because I don't know what I'd take if it no longer helped and I just could NOT live with this severe pain. I know I couldn't.
    Thanks for the replies!!!
    Love,
    Kady