4 days of rain...is that why fm/cf so bad today?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Jun 26, 2006.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

I feel so rotten today. We've had 4 days of rain. I wanted to know if the barometric pressure affects FM/CFS? I'm unusually tired and I hurt. Any suggestions?

blessings
    baanders
  2. baanders

baanders New Member

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks to all!
    Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

blessings
    baanders
  3. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i'm in western massachusetts. where are you? there's nothing on your bio.

i too get weakened and achy when the weather changes. especially heat and humidity.

we've had SO MUCH RAIN in june here it's unbelievable. i so wish we could share half of it w/arizona and parts of california.

i just try to rest more and use muscle creams and/or vicks. hope you improve today.
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

since olden times, if you had a rheumatic condition, the #1 recommendation was to move to a dryer climate. And FM is a form of rheumatism.

For people leaning on the CFS side of the syndrome, they seem to be really sensitive to barometric pressure.

I've found a homeopathic that really helps on the damp and/or rainy days when I'm hurting the worst. It works esp. well in the morning, helps wake me up and clears most or sometimes all the morning stiffness very quickly. I had to find my magic dose, the recommended dose knocked me on my butt. But I'm glad I persevered adn played w/ the dosing till it worked, or I would have thrown it out and missed the benefits. Its called Rhododendronheel, one of the Heel homeopathic line, like Traumeel which has had alot of buzz on this board. It only seems to work on damp days, but those are the worst anyway when nothing else really works.

I use Traumeel cream or Arnica gel topically for instant pain relief, though its short acting.

Jeanne
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

yes the weather affects my FMS also. It has been raining a lot here in central WV over the weekend including today.

I get barometric related migraines on top of the FMS pain...thank goodness for Topamax and Flexeril.

I hope we all feel better soon and I am so glad I do not work on Mondays :)

Thanks,

Karen
  6. baanders

baanders New Member

Thank you all for your suggestions...and support!

I live north of Baltimore, Maryland, in Abdereen...the home of Cal Ripken, Jr. It's always humid here. I never put the pain and the weather together until today when I felt weaker than ever.

I'm going to try some of those suggestions...
    thanks and God bless

baanders
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Any big change in the weather causes me problems.

We are having a heat wave, over 100 degrees since Saturday. Lows in the 60s. That is really hot for us for this time of year. We usually only get this hot for a week or 10 days in August.

Even the dry heat we have will set me off. Back and hips are murder today.

I don't think the air conditioning helps either. Too cold, too hot, too cold, too hot!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. baanders

baanders New Member

for caring and for sharing.

blessings
    baanders
  9. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Baanders, I am so with you on this. When it rains, I feel terrible. And when it's sunny, I feel what passes for pretty good for me. It's a real thing for us.

This may make you laugh. Before I got CFS so bad, when I was a child, they called me the Weather Witch. That's because, if it was going to rain, I would get a headache about half a day before the rain would come. And I could tell from the quality of the headache what kind of rain it would be and about how long it would last.

Where do you live, baanders? Is there a chance the rain will let up soon? Let us know how you are, k? P.S. If you google the name of your town with weather, you can get a long distance forecast. It's helped me to hang in there for better times through many a week. :)
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i couldn't wait for the rain to let up here in california...

jodie
  11. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

My treatment of choice is comfort food. The last time we had heavy rain, by the second day of it, I ordered a pizza. I can have that very rarely without getting noticably sicker. It was the first time in all my days that I ever ordered pizza for just me. It was like a vacation in a box!

Anyway, are there any other suggestions about how to lessen the effects of awful weather, perhaps with fewer calories? Thanks for the rhododendronheel to look up. :)
    ((love)) Shannon
  12. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member