4-give Another Ignorant ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Blond, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Blond

Blond New Member

How EXACTLEY does the weather and the barometric pressure effect us?How will it effect my Lupus? I am affraid of the cold weather coming, as I am much worse this year than last. I wonder how the cold will effect the bones or what feels like my bones in my legs, they seem to give me ALOT of trouble.Smoochezzzzz my partners in pain,Blond
  2. vnr27

vnr27 New Member

im scared also i would love to know ready to move to warm area hugs val
  3. achy

achy New Member

I saw your post under floridians....I live north of P'Cola, in Byrneville!! We go thru Milton about once a week when hubby and I head to the bay to catch mullet.

I can't explain to ya HOW the weather effects us, but I can tell ya it certainly effects me. The past couple of days wiht the front coming down from the west and the storm to the east I'm being squished. I seem to get really tired and just throbbing from head to toe. Even the asthma acts up.
    I actually do better in the winter as long as I stay warm and it isn't damp. The heat really gets me and I've lived in Fla all my life. Hopefully somebody will come wiht an explanation for ya...or just do a search for "how weather effects fibromyalgia"...

Also, since your in the area, Do you know there is a fibro support group in Pensacola? We meet the 4th Tuesday of every month @ the Medical Center Clinic on Davis Hwy. at 6:00pm. I've met some good ppl there and lots info too.

Take care,
    Warm fuzzies
    Achy
  4. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

The cold plays havic on my body. I live in Eastern Oregon and we have all four seasons. But sometimes the weather changes dramatically. I ache all over. My hands and feet and butt go cold in the winter. It is already chilling down here quite a bit. It will be 50 degrees in the am and up to 80 in the afternoon. Talk about crazy. I end up changing clothes 3 times a day just to keep comfortable.
    Buy lots of warm socks and mittens for the colder days and try to keep yourself comfortable. Hope this helps
    tlc8858
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have a double whammy with the Lupus too. I imagine that is a contributing factor. I think the changes in pressure have a big effect on us.

I live so far south in Florida that we seldom have weather fronts like the rest of the country. Tropical storms are about the only thing which affect us. I love the heat and humidity, but it's not for everyone.

Love, Mikie