48 hour cycle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maaji, Aug 26, 2005.

1. maaji

maaji New Member

Does anyone else find their FM/CFS symptoms move in a regular cycle. If I am just leading a normal life (I work at home) without any particular stress i will still alternate beteen one good day and one bad day. When I say bad, I mean for severe pain and exhaustion. Next day may feel absolutely fine. What's going on?
  2. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I don't really know--is it possible that you are overdoing it on your good days, which cause a backlash the next day?

bumping for more input.
    Nicole
  3. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

followed by bad weeks....

I seldom have 24 hour cycles...when things are good they stay good for a couple weeks or more...then when I crash and burn I really crash and burn!

During the crash and burn cycle I need 15 or more hours of sleep...this is usually the time when I get my days and nights totally screwed up and it takes another week or 2 to find my way back to the NORMAL's hours.

I am on a flipped cycle right now...just coming out of a really painful cycle....

4. Anita B.

Anita B. New Member

Hi, Maaji,
    For more than 20 years I had the pattern you describe. During the last year, that pattern hasn't been quite so predominant. I never did figure out why good days followed bad days followed good days, nor did any of my doctors have any ideas. It was of course suggested to me that maybe I overdid things on alternate days, but that was not the case...Wish we could figure this out. I always considered that alternating pattern to be a clue to what was going on. The only trouble was, the clue didn't lead to any answers.
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I do have this pattern... especially every other day, but sometimes. Sometimes I go for a weekend, and then on Monday collaspe. Today I feel pretty bad, but yesterday I had a good day. The day before I was down with a headache and pain all day.

Personally, I don't know. But, I know this is how my life goes. Good, good, down. Good, down. Good, good, good, down. And so it goes.

I guess I probably don't pace myself but it's hard to think I'm doing too much when I compare with what I used to accomplish in one day. And that's the problem. I'm not who I used to be and can't get over the idea that I have to be.

Good luck...I do understand what you a experiencing...if you find some answers, please share! (-:

Sue