4everkid....Advice please on pencils

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hugs4evry1, Aug 25, 2006.

1. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I really enjoyed your posting of the beautiful art you created and every now and then I find myself peeking at it again.

Since there's no rhyme or reason to how my brain works, let's just say I had an idea today that ties in with this.

My 20 yr old daughter is...shall we say, "psychologically challenged" as she prefers to be called. A friend of mine recently moved away, & I recv'd an e-mail from her and she reminded me to put out my daughter's crayons and colorbooks. (We've had a very rough few months lately.

Anyway, perhaps you can see the tie in by now....Some of her docs have almost prescribed coloring as a way to focus on something peaceful and relaxing. I agree...now I started thinking of getting her a set of the prismacolor pencils.

Since I live in Germany, I thought I'd use E-bay to find some for her. Are there any special brands? Any special type of paper that's best for coloring? Do blank canvases work?

I really like this idea (and would appreciate your thoughts on the matter) but I think the detailed work needed for this would also be good for her. I know she sometimes feels silly when I buy her Spongebob coloring books, although she loves them too.

This is a very adult endeavor that I think she might really enjoy, and I'll show her your beautiful artwork so she can see the beauty of it. (She'll love the art!!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you could give me.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  2. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

I don't know what your daughter has but if coloring relaxes her you might look into ordering her coloring book type posters. Here in the USA we have stores called Hobby Lobby that carry poster size color books of such things like mammals, birds, butterflies etc. You might also look into painting by numbers. Hope this gives you some ideas.
    Love Ya Me
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I think this is great idea for your daughter
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I would buy her Primacolor Brand. They come in sets of 120-96-64-48-24. A a dollar a pencil. Sometimes you can get a good deal on ebay. Just watch the shipping.

I do color pencil too, but I am in NO WAY any where near 4ever is with hers. That is the most gorgeous color pencil picture I have ever seen, really. That should be in a magazine.

They make special paper called velum, or you can just use a good heavy weight 90# of drawing pads.

I used crayons up into high school to draw mosaics in psycadelics, yes, old hippie.

I belong to North Light Book Club, they have a great club plan and a nice selection of art books.

The by numbers and art posters are good too.

Join in with her and have fun it is a great way to pass a few hours away. Carla
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

For your help...

Loveyame, is that store online? I might try to look it up and see. I like the idea of poster size books too.

Carla, Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look them up on Ebay and see what I can find. It's so much easier than trying to find things in a German store and trying to figure out the language too.

gnanny, thanks for popping in. Sometimes it's the simple support that can help the most.

Hugs all,

Nancy B.

6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Thanks for taking the time to post so much information for me. Wow...

I've been to their web site and loved it, been on e-bay bidding already and it looks like an amazing medium for my daughter to try.

Thanks so much,

Nancy B.