4everkid and other LOSTIES

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwinMa, May 26, 2008.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Sorry I haven't posted lately on the LOST post. I've been recording the Thurs show and usually don't get to see it until Sat or Sun. Then I run downstairs and read what everyone has posted. You guys are brilliant! So many good insights! By then, I feel like I don't have much to contribute.

I've been really busy with the end of the school year, and also planning for a trip to Wash DC. Here's the real bummer. I will be in DC for the LOST season finale! Aack! I don't know if the friend I'm staying with watches LOST, but I can guarantee she wouldn't stay quiet for 2 hours! That won't do!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that my recorder does it's job! And that I don't hear too many spoilers before I get to see it!
  2. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I'm glad to hear from you! I noticed you were absent from the discussion the last two episodes, and I was afraid we had lost you. We have lost several fans here this season, for various reasons: irrepairable confusion, disillusionment, and a few I don't know the reason for. I always fear I am driving people away with my incessant rambling. So I am glad to hear I didn't run you off!

If I were going to be out of town for the Lost finale, I would be a nervous wreck! I would hate to put all my trust in the VCR. I have noticed that this year, all the major storms have aimed for Thursday night, and I always fear the dreaded power outage.

I am tempted to email the local abc weatherman in advance and warn him, that no matter what's going on weatherwise, I don't want to see his face, or his maps and graphics on my screen between 7 & 10 pm on Thursday! He knows me - we've talked before. Last time we talked, I asked him to please remove his severe weather scroll from atop my Korean subtitles. And he did, immediately.

Washington DC is a great place to visit! There is so much to do and see there, and never enough time for it all. Is this your first trip there?

Hopefully your friend will also be a Lost fan. She could be worried that she is going to miss it. But if I had a guest who needed to watch a finale, I would be happy to comply. So just tell her in advance that you must watch Lost. Then if your tape fails, you will have seen at least part of it.

Bring a lawn chair - park it directly in front of her tv.
    Practice your "talk to the hand" signal. On Thursday evening, paint a smiley face on the palm of "the hand", so if you must shoosh her during viewing, it will come off as a friendly gesture. If all else fails, you can always watch it online. But you CAN'T miss it! Lost finale's are always big turning point/game changers, and this one promises to blow our minds.

I am so excited, I can hardly wait for Thursday!

Hope you have a great trip to DC, and the energy to see and do everything you hope to!
  3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I love reading your theories! You have a great handle on what is going on--or what MAY be going on. And you write very well. You are quite talented in the writing department!

I've had some comments I was going to post, then something always came up. Kids on the computer doing homework, DH on the computer looking at his stuff, just too tired so I'll post tomorrow, gotta go buy luggage for this trip, etc. But never because of you or any other posters. It's a good thread! Everyone contributes so much!

I AM a nervous wreck! I couldn't believe when I figured out the date of the finale. I just groaned. Oh No, We'll be at Judy's!!!

I love the whole talk to the hand scenario. I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a shot.

I'm going to have to ditch some programming on my VCR, too. I have it set up to record several things, and if I just turn the VCR off, it will record other things first. Then I may not have room for LOST. Disaster!! Maybe I'll delete everything except Thurs night.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll watch it online, but that's just not the same! Plus I don't get back until June 5, and that's a long time to wait!

I went to DC when I was 12 yrs old, but not since then. My girls are 13, so I think this will be a good experience for them.

I'm pretty nervous about how I will feel. It seems like a lot to ask of my body to feel good for 8 days in a row! Hopefully, I will have a little down time, but that's not how vacations usually work. Plus I have a bum ankle, and DC is a LOT of walkig. I'll be taking my brace, but that only helps so much.

We just got done giving the dog a bath, so all I can smell right now is wet dog. We wanted her smelling good for her temporary dog-sitters!