4everkid....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, May 10, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

How in the world do you decorate the title of your threads so beautifully? I would not nor even could not ever do it but I can't figure out this is done.
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I can't figure out how 4everkid does it for so many reasons not the least of which being that it all comes out very different when posted since some characters don't show up in the title. I know because I tried it -- it's harder even than it looks! And, the Kid seems able to create characters that don't exist!

Have you ever seen her fine art? It is brilliant!

She's amazing.

Peace out,
    Rafiki

3. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Wow, you guys make me sound like some kind of a font wizard! Now I am embarrassed to tell.

Occasionally while traveling the world wide web, I come across these fancy little ornamentations made from type, and when I do, I copy and paste them. I have a word file I call "font fun" where I file my squiggly bits. Sometimes I mix and match and combine them differently, or create new designs.

But oddly enough, some of those characters don't seem to be on my keyboard. I don't know where they came from! I just copy and paste, and hope for the best. Sometimes they don't convert well on this board. Like the fish design:

><((((º>

doesn't work in a subject line for some reason. And things that involve several lines, wont work if there are empty spaces at the beginning. So sometimes I put something cool up, and when I look at the post, its all messed up. So I have to go back and edit or remove it.

I have found several cool designs on ebay, in the feedback remarks, and other times just on random sites online. I just happen upon them, and save them when I do. I kept amassing them with no purpose in mind other than hoarding.

Then recently I decided to give my Lost thread some class with a little ocean/island scene header. Then I realized how great the were for making the subject line stand out. Now, I am just a type maniac and a few ~~'s from needing a 12 step program to make myself quit.

I would be glad to post some here if you are interested. Then you can use them however you choose.

[This Message was Edited on 05/11/2008]
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

A 12 step program for this "addiction"!

I would love to see some of what you have, though I'd never use any of them only because that is YOUR signature and would like for it to remain uniquely 4EVERKID. Also, if everyone started using them, then the board would get very busy and hard to follow, I would fear. Right now, your threads stand out so beautifully and if we all started using them, then no one's would stand out.

Did any of this make sense to you??? LOL.
    Any way, I would love to see some of your "collection".
  5. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I know what you mean about characters that aren't on my keyboard. That's what prompted me to ask 4everkid.

I saw your attempt in my email, but I guess you didn't like it so deleted it. I did like yours too, though.

And no, I have not seen her fine art, but would like too.
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Kathleen: In your email??? Almost instantaneously deleted attempts (at anything?) go out in EMAIL? That's a very sobering thought! Very!

4everKid: Did we drive you to reveal the Kid behind the curtain? I agree with Kathleen, it's best that it's just you. You don't need to tell everyone how it's done! (Delete?) I'd rather see you do it than do it myself. Yours are like little presents for the rest of us.

:~)
    Rafiki
  7. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

After reading this post last night, I went looking for squiggly things again, without much luck. Not knowing what to call them makes it hard to search for them. But I did create some new ones with the pieces I have. The trick is, finding characters that hit at various levels within the line. Like the . is down low, and the * is up high, and we all have those on the keyboard. It's the stuff in between that makes it possible to make cool stuff,

like this: ¨*•.¸

Then with some copy/pasting, you can build the other side

like this: ¸.•*¨

Put them together ¸.•*¨¨*•.¸

then copy/paste again and you have a whole line!

¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸¸.•*¨¨*•.¸

A little rearrangement and you get something a little different:

¸.•*•.¸.•*•.¸.•*•.¸.•*•.¸.•*•.¸.•*•.¸.•*•.

Here's a heart:

(¯`·.·´¯)

and a string of hearts combined with the design above

¸.•*•.¸(¯`·.·´¯)¸.•*•.¸(¯`·.·´¯)¸.•*•.¸(¯`·.·´¯)¸.•*•.¸

a star: -:¦:-

some o's: …oOºOo…oOºOo…oOºOo…oOºOo…

some mystery characters: ¤´¯`¤¤´¯`¤¤´¯`¤¤´¯`¤¤´¯`¤

and more: º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

Now, the trick is having them look the same after I post this reply. The font used in the box where you type your message is different that the one on the board its self. So some characters change, others dont work at all.

Feel free to copy/paste and save anything you want. And you can mess around with them and make new designs out of the parts. You can use them in emails, to dress up your ebay feedback remarks or add them to your posts.

It would be crazy if everyone was using these in subject lines, but I can't imagine that happening. Sometime you may have something very important to say here, and may need the use of squiggly things to get noticed!

8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Did I already tell you'd I started a file today?

Thanks so much! These are fantastic!

I'm not going to use them here. I really like it being a Kid thing... call me sentimental.

BUT, I'm going to use them other places :~)

Thanks again!
    Rafiki
  9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm now officially sorry that I spent my high school years high, at least in typing class!!!!!!

My husband only knows one squiggly thing, and it's boobies!!!!!

(.)(.)

Hugs,

Nancy
  10. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

Nancy, I'm pretty sure if your typing teacher caught you making these, she would not have been happy. But if you had been high enough, you could have come up with a creative story like, "I was just making something for the quick brown fox to jump over so the lazy dog could get some rest."

Your husband...he would have been suspended.

Rafiki, I can honestly say I have never met someone till now who was a fan of my typing. I'll try to keep it fresh and interesting for you!