5 day cronic headache.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loopyloo, May 17, 2003.

1. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

this is the 5th day of cronic headache i have had but only 1/2 my head the left side of my head hurt and my eye was blurred my ear hurt my throat hurt and neck and the other side is fine iv'e felt sick it hurt so bad it felt like electricity going through my head its been awful but today i go some stronger pain killers with asprin and parocetamol in and it feels like its not hurting so much as yesterday, i hope it goes soon its been a real pain in my head it feels like forever
    from poorly Loopyloo xx
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

I know this may sound simple but it helps me if only temporarily. I put an ice pack (a gel pack) on my head and my upper neck. It doesn't take it away but sure helps make it more manageable. I hope it will help you.
  3. Mumu

Mumu New Member

Sounds like it could be a migraine, in which case Excedrin or a generic equivalent of it might help. There are also prescription medications for migraine that help some people, but I haven't had much luck with them myself. By the way, if you try Excedrin, you don't have go get the kind called, "Excedrin Migraine." It's the exact same formula as the regular. I called the manufacturer to ask about it, and the guy said they just had to put different stuff on the label to satisfy the FDA before they could claim that it helps migraine. I get the Equate brand at Wal-Mart. The ice pack is a good idea too, plus lying down in a totally dark room or putting something over your eyes.