5 Grapes a day as Natural Anti-Coagulant?......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Nov 24, 2002.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I've read that 75% of all FM sufferers suffer from THICK/STICKY blood. Which prevents proper delivery of Oxygen to tissues. I also read that thick blood can diguise the underlying reason for the FM including Mycoplasma infection, HIV, Hepatitis and a host of other reasons.

I found numerous articles on the internet about Grapes being a natural Anti-Coagulant. Does anyone use Grapes or
    any other food for Anti-Coagulant?

Excerpt from article below:

"5 ways grapes are great Anticoagulant.

Chemicals in grapes can help thin the blood, somewhat the way aspirin does, preventing clots that provoke heart attacks and strokes. Recent research by John Folts at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School suggests that drinking two 6-ounce glasses of red wine can reduce blood platelet stickiness, and thus the tendency to form hazardous clots, by 40 percent within 45 minutes. Grape juice also works, he says, but it takes three times as much purple grape juice for that same benefit."

Thanks.
  2. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I've read that 75% of all FM sufferers suffer from THICK/STICKY blood. Which prevents proper delivery of Oxygen to tissues. I also read that thick blood can diguise the underlying reason for the FM including Mycoplasma infection, HIV, Hepatitis and a host of other reasons.

I found numerous articles on the internet about Grapes being a natural Anti-Coagulant. Does anyone use Grapes or
    any other food for Anti-Coagulant?

Excerpt from article below:

"5 ways grapes are great Anticoagulant.

Chemicals in grapes can help thin the blood, somewhat the way aspirin does, preventing clots that provoke heart attacks and strokes. Recent research by John Folts at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Medical School suggests that drinking two 6-ounce glasses of red wine can reduce blood platelet stickiness, and thus the tendency to form hazardous clots, by 40 percent within 45 minutes. Grape juice also works, he says, but it takes three times as much purple grape juice for that same benefit."

Thanks.
  3. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

them daily..but not a few a day, a BUNCH a day, literally lol. I have had to stop eating them completely (along with some other foods) because they are too high in copper and I need to bring down my copper level. Things that I do take, than can thin the blood are: fish oil, vitamin E, and bromelain. I take them for other reasons, but this is one nice side-effect, unless of course one is on a blood thinning prescription. In that case, you would have to be monitored by your dr. so you could lower your strength of medication.

Annette
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

..that thin blood are Octacosanol, Ginkgo,and Chondroitin. I take all 3 and can testify to the fact that Chondroitin has major blood thinning effects. I had to back my dose off because I couldn' stop cuts from bleeding.
    Klutzo
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Too. I drink about 12 ounces a day of Welch's purple grape juice, don't like the taste of the red or white. I can't take asprin because of my stomach.

I also take 800IU's of natural vitamin E per day too.

My blood pressure is normal/low at all times.

At my age, that is great!

Can't drink the wine, although I do like a good red wine.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all know I only drink it for medicinal purposes :)

My Guaifenesin also has some blood-thinning properties.

Love, Mikie