5-HTP and St. Johns Wort Combo Treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by locke123, Dec 17, 2010.

1. locke123

locke123 New Member

Hi all,

I recently learned of this treatment regimen for fibro that seemed to be rather promising (at least after years of all known treatments not offering any results). This is one of the sites that discusses this treatment: http://www.holisticonline.com/remedies/cfs/fib_5htp_therapy.htm

I Just started this about 3 weeks ago but I just found out that I am pregnant and am not sure if these two supplements are safe. I have scoured the web for information but the recommendations against it only seem to stem from lack of any conclusive studies of it. I have seen some anecdotal reports from mothers who have said they've used it and it's safe but with the unreliable nature of anecdotal evidence I'm hoping there might be some experts here who can shed some more insight.

THe website above says that you should see relief after a month of being on this combo, but that the full results should be noticed around 90 days. It'd just be a shame if I wouldn't be able to see if this works or not but the top priority is making sure my baby is safe.