5-Min. Fox News Segment on Reincarnation Story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Waynesrhythm, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi All,

A friend just sent me a link to this Fox News story:

Some of the captions on the web page include:

It is being called the most documented case of reincarnation ever.

A little boy is able to recall over 50 memories from someone else's life.

A World War II Pilot's family believes it is their reincarnated brother based on the child's memories.

The boy's story is so compelling, it has been published in a new book called "Soul Survivor."

Fox 8's Suzanne Stratford spoke exclusively to the child and his family.

Whether or not a person believes in reincarnation, I think most people would find this story interesting and fairly compelling.

Best to All, Wayne

P.S. The video screen is fairly small, but a button in the lower right will expand it for easier watching.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hey! The video played. Most of the time when i go to these links, can't get
    the thing to play.

Anyway, a fascinating story. Maybe it will turn out like the Bridie Murphey case
    which was a similar story when I was a kid.

I checked with the Los Angeles Library to see if the book is available. Turns out
    there are a couple books with the title Soul Survivor. One is a novel. Guess
    what? It is about reincarnation.

There is also one by or about Beyonce.

Be interesting to see if there is any more news on this. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, I coined the phrase "2 pockets short of a pool table" myself, but I have not
    obtained a copyright or patent, so feel free to use it. You can do the same
    thing yourself. Just think of something with parts or units.

E.g., Two eggs short of a carton.
    Two bottles short of a six pack.
    Two sheets short of a trousseau.

3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the sweet admonition. :) I think I sort of needed that. But you know, some people (like Rock and me) seem to have this bent for finding trouble. We just can't help ourselves. LOL

Hey Rock, glad to hear you were able to access the video. I think there's actually been a number of documented cases like this in the past, but this may be first case to get access to a much wider audience due to our modern day communications.

I had a friend who was born in Texas and felt she needed to move to Madison, WI. She never understood exactly what the attraction was, but thought it might have to do with some recurring dreams she had been having about a particular house.

One day she was out for a walk, and lo and behold, she came upon the very house she had dreamed about for years. I believe she knocked on the door and introduced herself, and was given a little tour of the inside of the house as well. It all matched up perfectly. I just like stories like these. :)

Wayne[This Message was Edited on 06/02/2009]
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

My favorite saying is

Has all six cans but missing the plastic thingie that holds them together.

I thought I had made this up however someone used the pharse the other day, so I guess I didn't.

Oh, if I only had a brain. Maybe two. Hey, that might explain the reincarnation!!

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'll check it out. I read an old book years ago called, "Many Masters, Many Lives," or "Many Lives, Many Masters." My memory no longer serves. As one of my customers said, "The only thing I retain these days is water!" LOL

I do believe in reincarnation. I believe we are given the chance as spirits by God to come here in order to grow spiritually. We are not humans in search of spirituality; we are spirits in search of the human experience. I didn't coin that and don't remember where I read or heard it. Again, failing memory.

Once I started on this spiritual journey, it completely changed how I view life and answered many questions I have, such as: Why do bad things happen; why does God allow it? I believe we choose our lives in order to grow as we meet challenges. If I believe I chose to come here to face health challenges in order to advance spiritually, it makes sense and makes my illnesses easier to bear. It also empowers me. Most who believe as I do also believe that God sends many spirit guides and angels to help us along the way.

Human existance gives the illusion of separateness between races, nations, and even neighbors and relatives. My journey has led me to believe we are all children of God. Everyone is my brother or sister, even though it is often hard to embrace that belief. I have to keep reminding myself.

Well, I've gotten off on a tangent but, as always, your post has evoked a lot of self-examination and is very interesting. Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to plug in my speakers so I can watch the video. I unplug all unnecessary stuff to save electricity.

Love, Mikie
  6. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Mikie,

Always great to hear from you. BTW, I love your musings. :) Don't ever be concerned about going off on a tangent, at least when replying to me. You know, I just heard something recently. Apparently a well known writer commented at one time, "How can I know what I think unless I write it first?" I can relate, and I think there's a lot of validity to that.

You make many good points. A couple of things you mentioned struck a chord with me, like when you wrote, "It also empowers me." I think that is a very important (and positive) aspect to consider when looking at the topic of reincarnation. When combining it with the concept of karma (as ye sew, so shall ye reap), it would only make sense that our lives are pretty much the result of innumerable choices we have made over many lifetimes.

And if that's the case, we should be able to feel empowered by knowing that our lives will always reflect the innumerable number of choices we make on a daily basis. By accepting total responsibility for our choices, we empower ourselves and eventually discover the discipline that leads us to total freedom (as in, no more incarnations). A somewhat simple explanation to a process that can span so many lifetimes.

RE: """Human existance gives the illusion of separateness between races, nations, and even neighbors and relatives."""

I agree with you fully on this account. I read once that "Soul = Soul". The jist of this statement is that no Soul is either above or below another Soul. And yet it seems that the "human condition" would have people believe otherwise, that others are beneath us, or above us. Both perspectives are unhelpful.

I also read at one time that when we start to become more concerned about the shortcomings of others than we are of our own, we are heading toward spiritual difficulty. I think this also happens when we allow ourselves to view other races, nations, etc. as somehow inferior, or perhaps not fully human. When you look at how prevalent these and others types of unhelpful attitudes are in this world, it's no wonder that it can take many lifetimes to gather the spiritual strength to overcome these self-limiting concepts.

Vivian and I have been discussing a bit about past lives over on the Spirituality Board. In a post a couple of days ago (entitled Recalling Past Lives) I shared a story about one woman's account of how she was able to connect some current difficulties with a past life, and by doing so, facilitate a spiritual healing. Thought I'd paste it below for you or anybody who might find it interesting.

Thanks for stopping by Mikie. :)

I read an account by a woman once who had struggled her whole lifetime with very weak ankles. She was always twisting or spraining them, often ending up on crutches to get around. She also had a corresponding feeling of feeling "defective", a feeling she was never able to understand or resolve.

She finally asked for assistance with her dilemma, and was given a past life recall that got to the root of some of her difficulties. She was a young boy in the middle east a couple thousand years ago, who was born with a club foot. His family in that lifetime was so ashamed and embarrassed by his disability, that they sold him at a very young age as a slave. These new owners treated him very badly, often ridiculing and making fun of his disability. He thus came to view himself as defective.

With this revelation and understanding of how this particular dynamic of weak ankles and a distorted self image started, she was able to receive a spiritual healing. After that, her ankles healed up, and she never had the same kinds of problems with them as she had had.

For anybody interested in the full post, here's the link:

http://www.prohealth.com/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=54462&setBoard=Worship#54626[This Message was Edited on 06/05/2009]
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are so articulate. You said beautifully what I was trying to express. It is wonderful to have a kindred spirit who understands and shares what I was trying to say. Often, my beliefs have been met with hostility. I think it is very difficult for some to allow themselves to delve into such ideas. There is a lot of fear about such topics. They don't fit neatly with a lot of traditional religious training.

Thanks for the story about the woman with weak ankles. I have always hated to have anything around my neck. I don't like turtleneck sweaters nor scarves. If I wear a long scarf when I'm in CO in the wintertime, I just loop it around the back of my neck and leave it haning down in the front. Shirley McLaine once described the same discomfort. She found she had been strangled in a past life. Interesting!

Thanks again for such an interesting post and for your response. I always love to read what you write.

Love, Mikie