5 pain free days thanks to

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by itzmeannie, Apr 1, 2005.

1. itzmeannie

itzmeannie New Member

the post Judywhit wrote about Cherry juice concentrate on 3/14. Like Judy, I ordered mine from Brownwood Acres online.

I used the drink recipe she posted. Three days later I noticed that I was no longer in pain.

I work full time and used to crawl to work by Wednesday. This week I seemed to have more energy and my head was clear from not taking my usual oxycodone.

I found myself laughing and smiling today. I forgot what that was like.

I don't work for the company, I promise. Just wanted to pass on what has changed my life.
  2. cookstove

cookstove New Member

I believe you enough that I am using it, and putting most of my family on it. It is good for arthritus pain as well as the kinds of things that we have.

Will keep you posted.
  3. itzmeannie

itzmeannie New Member

I e-mailed Brownwood Acres to see if they sold in my zip code. The concentrate itself is about $13.00 but then you add $10.95 shipping and you're up there. She recommended I purchase more that one bottle at a time, shipping is the same no matter how many bottles you order. She also mentioned ordering the capsules would cost less to ship.

If you do order the capsules, let us know if they work.

What I am using is Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate. I have been to a dozen stores in my area and everyone stocks Knudsen Black Cherry Juice Concentrate. The Knudsen differs in color and has a watery consistency. The Montmorency is thick like pancake syrup. Has anyone had good results with Knudsen?
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2005]
  4. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

Has the Brownwood Acres Tart Cherry Juice. It's $14.95.
    If you have a Kroger's in your area. I've been taking it for 3 weeks, I have Fibro and some Osteo-Arthritis. It doesn't help with either.

People, have we heard of the placebo effect?
  5. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

I've been taking tramadol for awhile, and it seems to be losing effectiveness when I'm having a particularly bad flare. I'm going to look for the cherry capsules since I'm trying to avoid the extra calories :).

Hugs,
    Hilary
  6. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I have the Knudsen juice concentrate from Fred Meyers, but at a 1/2 cup a day it may not last until my order from Brownwood Acres gets here. I have been taking the juice for two days. I think that I have been more active than I normally would be...with this rollercoaster ride of an illness who knows for sure. I am optimistic and quite willing to try. I also ordered the cherry pills. I would be interested to know if these work as well if anyone has tried them instead of the juice.

Trying to watch my carbs... 1/2 cup of this sweet juice really doesnt bode well with the low carb.

Thankyou for the heads up on the shipping. I would not have known...wouldnt have even thought about it...so I have 3 bottles of juice and the pills coming for the $10.95 shipping. Good value.

Thankyou thankyou thankyou

p.s. the Knudsen juice doesnt taste terrible but wouldnt drink it by choice. Its really the pits though when I cant remember if I have already had it...not something I would want to drink by choice. shudder.[This Message was Edited on 04/05/2005]
  7. itzmeannie

itzmeannie New Member

Which are you going to try first, the pills or the juice? I read in a previous post that you have arthritis. It's supposed to help with that, too. My sister ordered it for that very reason.

Off to order 3 more bottles! If it doesn't work for you, I'll buy your bottles, too.
  8. I'd be interested to know if the capsules work just as well. anyone?
  9. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

yonder,
    I can't resist stating that there is alot of crap info. about FM/CFS, esp. from the est. med. community. They like to make it sound like a walk in the park for starters, you can almost here them implying that it is highly probably psychosomatic, sinc ethe main way to dx it is if tests come back negative for everything else. There are many sources that report the fact of inflammation in many sufferers. You'll often see phrasings like, "chronic widespread, often migratory pain in muscles, joints and connective tissues, with or w/out inflammation". If they are more specific they will qualify that, "joints are usually not inflamed and do not degenerate as with other types of rheumatism like rheumatoid arthritis.

FM is a rheumatic disease though and the arthritis foundations have to report and give info. on it, though I swear they do it very grudgingly and they sure don't give it the respect they do so called "true arthritis". My tailbone is almost chronically inflamed and tender and sometimes my back is swollen too.

Jeanne
  10. JimB

JimB New Member

Bing Cherries at Breakfast-says USDA 06/14/04

The USDA recently released a study that reveals that eating Fresh Bing Cherries at Breakfast can reduce pain in achy joints in osteoarthritis sufferers.
    I read of it from the Tip OF the Day. You can
    search real age to find the info. Jim
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    That was an old post.
    You'll find many posts about Cherries if you do search for - CHERRIES - (at the top of this page).
    Jim
  11. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Well blow me down! This one really snuck up on me. Cant help but be a little skeptical. I was beginning to feel really sore and tendons inflamed by yesterday (day 2) it kept growing as the day wore on. I had overdone it all weekend so I wasnt terribly surprised. By evening I could hardly walk. Getting to sleep was not easy and I got up twice to take advil. This morning was sheer misery. Hobbled as little as possible. Then about 10 (I had been up for over 4 hours) I decided it was time to face the juice. That 1/2 cup is a lot when it doesnt taste great!

Then about an hour and a half later it suddenly dawned on me the pain was GONE. I had not taken any more advil this morning. This was not casual pain or even just one spot that you could attribute its leaving to having 'worked its way out' or any such rationalization. This was both legs, knees, feet and ankles.

I am impressed. hmmm I'll bet it will taste better tomorrow!
  12. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I have ordered the other from Brownwood acres. It wont be here for probably for a week. I bought the knudsen to tide me over. Today is day #3 of the knudsen juice. I was seriously hurting and surprised when I realized it was gone.

I am grateful for everyone who shared their input.
    thankyou, Gnanny aka stephanie
  13. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

This is really interesting. I'm glad to hear it's helping some of you. I may have to try it one of these days. Does it help with energy, too? Please keep us informed!
  14. gnanny

gnanny New Member

Not directly that I can tell. Pain is pretty draining so the absence of pain helps energize me.
    Its worth a try. I havent taken any advil since 4:30 this morning. No Lodine (which I take for arthritis but its hard on my stomach) since I started on the juice.
    hmmmm we'll see.
  15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...this is NOT an old wives' tale....so, you gotta figure, as painful as gout is for gout sufferers, it probably works for other types of pain at least to some degree.

I'm haven't tried it, but I may! Glad others here are feeling better!!

Pam
  16. itzmeannie

itzmeannie New Member

and am still without pain. As far as increasing energy, the cherry concentrate hasn't done a thing.

I wear acupuncture tacks in my back six days a week and that definitely DOES increase my energy. I know for sure that the juice hasn't helped because when those tacks come out on the seventh day, I cannot move. I am incapacitated with fatigue.

Lifting the pain has made an incredible difference in my attitude, as you all can imagine.

I'm glad you found relief, Gnanny
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/06/2005]
  17. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

I just purchased the capsules at my health food store. I am only on day 2. I will let you all know in a week or so if I have noticed any difference. I am taking about 1700 mg a day.
    tlc8858
  18. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

I'm thinking of trekking out to the health food store and am curious about the proper dose for the capsules. How do you figure out how much to take?

I'm also interested in the capsules bcs my Mom suffers so and can't take anything but tylenol because of allergies. She's also diabetic, so sugar in juice or fruits can be a problem. She's done so well on cranberry capsules (for bladder infections), so if it works for me, I'll bring them to her when I visit next time.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2005]
  19. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Is it also tart Montmorency cherry juice?
  20. katcoats

katcoats New Member

When I was growing up my grandfather ate cherries when he had any kind of arthritic pain. He swore by it, he also had gout. I forgot about it until I read the post. I think I will give it a try. Seems to me that different folks respond to different treatments. It is certainly worth a try. $14.95 is a lot less than over remedies that I have tried and will continue to try until I find what works for me!
    peace,
    kat