5 years today since I got Fibro (kinda long)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TheAurynn, Oct 4, 2005.

1. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

My FM started suddenly in the middle of the night with horrible low back pain exactly 5 years ago today. It spread to everywhere else in the next few months.

I am feeling better right now than I have since I got the fibro. Not like my "old" self, but much better. I am a new me. A better me, hopefully.

It has taken me a long time to come to terms with this DD and finally, acceptance that it is a part of my life. But I have finally learned it is not "all" of me. I am so much more. I have made a lot of positive changes in my life lately. I am exercising every day (which is the ONLY thing that actually makes me feel better). I am also getting out into the world and making some new friends. I have the best husband in the world, and 3 great dogs. And I have a very close relationship with my parents. But it was time to expand my world. I haven't had any real friends in years. And my shyness is getting a lot better.

Hubby is taking me out to dinner tonight to celebrate how much better I'm doing on this "fibro anniversary". I was driving myself crazy worrying about getting another bad flare, but I refuse to do that anymore. Every time I have felt better in the past, something comes up that ruins it. I will NOT worry about that this time. My life is in God's hands, I believe his will will be done.

So friends, today I am moving on and feeling very hopeful for the future.

Hugs to you all and thanks for listening!!!

Jessica
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2005]
  2. fibrodeb

fibrodeb New Member

good to hear!
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Most of us can't really remember exactly when we first got FMS. I am 46 and was diagnosed two years ago, but I remember having pain when I was 12.

Like you, it took me awhile to accept the changes I needed to make in my lifestyle. It sounds like you are trying to take good care of yourself both mentally and physically. I used to worry about getting flares when an event came up for me to attend. I realize now that getting worried and upset about it makes things worse. I have decided to take things a day at a time and accept that some days will be better than others.

When I read other peoples' stories here, I realize I do have a lot to be thankful for. Good friends, a great husband, a good job that I only have to work mornings at, etc.

Hope you were able to go out for your "anniversary" dinner. I think it's a positive thing to celebrate any improvements. Forces to think of the positives instead of just the negatives.

Ellen
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm glad you feel hopeful! Good things will come to you. Take care!

Francie