5 yrs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Aug 17, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

feeling down, and this is what I just posted on facebook.....

"As of today (well yesterday, but I'm still up) it's been 5 yrs since I have had a single day where I felt physically really good and/or free of pain. Some positive things have come out of this, and the way that my faith has grown is the biggest one. However, on this anniversary date of the car accident that triggered all my health issues, I feel the need to acknowledge that this also REALLY stinks!"

of course this is a huge understatement, but facebook doesn't give that much space and most of the people reading there would not really understand anyway.....I know that the people reading it here do understand, though, and I am so thankful for all of you
  2. jole

jole Member

Your post might be brief, but yes....how I understand!! It's been a year or two longer for me, yet we never forget the life we had before, and we never stop wishing for the "me" we were!
    I too feel there have been a "few" positives come out of this, but they certainly don't outweigh the losses, do they?

Wishing you (and all of us) the very best. Love....Jole
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

thank you for your response.....and, no, I certainly have not stopped wishing for the old me

wishing you the best, too
  4. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Ah~ Aunt Tammie, I understand! I have a week and a half to go until the "anniversary" of the virus that caused M.E., and I'll definitely have to mention something on that day. It just goes as a reminder that ANY day something can happen that will change your life, and we have to make the most of each one. I'm going to try and view mine as, the day God decided He needed to change my life and bring me closer to Him.........after a good dose of "BUT I HATE THIS DISEASE," of course. =)
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

....to thank everyone who responded....nice to know that others understand

oh, and my vit d levels are actually optimized.....unfortunately, they seem to be about the only thing that is optimal with me rt now!
  6. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I go there too.

Mods if it is not o.k. to ask this please delete it. I have a lot of FM friends over there.[This Message was Edited on 08/21/2009]
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

What a beautiful positive thing you have found out of all of this. It is something that NO ONE can take away from you. I think it's awesome that you've recognized that something good has come out of it.

You're right, this all really stinks. That's a nice word too!

For me, I keep telling myself that if someone has to deal with this, I'd rather have it be me than someone I love or care for dearly. It would just kill me to watch someone else go through this - to feel so helpless. (I can only imagine how my husband feels when he watches me try to live my "new" life.) I guess that's something that somehow (?) helps me in some very strange way. I guess God believes that I am strong enough to handle and if I keep my eyes and ears open, I WILL see all of the small blessings that will/have come my way because of this. One thing I know for sure is that I have truly (without choice) slowed down enough to be grateful for the smallest and simplest of things.

I've always been that way really, but it's magnified 100 times. Give me a sunny day, a glass of iced tea, my kids happy in the background, everyone in my family doing well and I'm really truly fine, even with my legs killing me. =)

Life has changed - big time. It's all about how we adjust our sails now.....

Thank Goodness we have each other here, especially when the wind takes us in a direction that we don't have the strength, energy or desire to get back on course.

You're certainly not alone in your feelings!
    ~Janalynn

8. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I don't actually go on FB all that often, but when I do it's under my full real name and I am not sure if it's a good idea to post that one here....sorry - it's nothing against you at all....just have had enough things happen to me that I am protective of my privacy
  9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

thanks for your response

I know what you mean about watching a loved one go thru stuff - it is hard to feel helpless....and I definitely would feel that way if someone I loved was dealing with ME, so I am glad that it's me and not them.....but on the other hand, I love me, too, and I am really tired of this! which is interesting, bc it took me a really long time to love myself, and then I had to turn around and have that self get taken away by this illness <sigh> who I am in Christ is still the same, though, and that's what gets me thru more than anything, so I am trying to focus on that