5th day after my 4th peptide shot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halfacre2, Apr 28, 2012.

1. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

Not all of my swelling is gone and I am feeling pretty stiff when I get up but I am a lot better than where I was before the shot. I pray I won't get any worse before my next shot in about 2 weeks. Last weekend was so hard on me that I am not sure I can go through that again. I realize that RA is the hardest one to treat but I am not ready to give up on the shots yet. I am greatful this one is working just not sure for how long. I will keep everyone posted.

Blessings to all,
    Vicki
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think I mentioned that the number of receptors on cells a person has affects how long the shots last. That's why we have to stop meds which are receptor blockers. Right now, I'm getting over a virus and allergies here are bad. I will have to stop the allergy pills today so I can get ready for my next injection. I had to postpone it due to the virus.

I'm glad you're not giving up on the shots. Hang in there. I pray they work for you.

Jam, we don't have much in the way of annecdotal evidence here yet but over the last 30 yrs. in Europe, the success rate has been in excess of 90 percent.

Love, Mikie
  3. halfacre2

halfacre2 New Member

I appreciate everyones encouragement, thank you! It means a lot when you have people pulling for you and who genuinely care. Even though I don't have the exact medical issues as some of you we are all challenged with something.

Blessings to all,
    Vicki
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2012]