6 Tests that are Diagnostic for CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Sep 26, 2006.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

This is a lengthy and fairly technical articles, from 2005 but is WELL WORTH the read. Also good for an unbelieving M.D. or one who THINKS all your tests are NORMAL. I bet he didn't order these (6) important tests.

http://www.ahmf.org/05currentper.htm
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Thanks, I'm going to check it out.
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Ellie, thanks so much for posting this. I have bookmarked this site and all copied the page into a Microsoft document. It will come in handy when I finally find an infectious diseases doctor.

Lolalee
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thank you for posting this. I just skimmed it briefly but it looks very interesting and I will look at it more carefully later, and am going to give a copy to my doctor.

I went to see a new HMO doctor for a follow-up yesterday of some general tests (pap smear etc.). She wasn't there, another doctor saw me. She looked at the other doctor's notes and said, she wrote down that you're a little tired. I just looked at her and said, I have chronic fatigue syndrome. I end up in bed when I over do. She didn't say anything. My BP was a little high (140/80), she said she will prescribe diet and exercise, no pills. I just looked at her again, said I didn't want any pills anyways, and there was no point in telling her I can't exercise. Incredible ignorance and I am changing doctors. But I have a horrible HMO with very few to choose from.

Mary
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Thank-you copied and saved. Will take to my next DO Doctor appt.
    Thanks again,Dee50
  6. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

Great article, thanks for posting.

-Trevor