-

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Spedding, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Spedding

Spedding New Member

-[This Message was Edited on 11/29/2002]
  2. Spedding

Spedding New Member

-[This Message was Edited on 11/29/2002]
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

LMAO!!! Don't use kiwis, they're too expensive. Apples are in season right now and they make a nice mess.
    Seriously though, I get the same reaction, and it always makes my gut twist into a knot because I want to do just what you suggested. How do you handle it? "When did you get a medical degree?" might be a nice comeback.
    The person who treats me this way the most is my FIL, who does not believe any illness exists unless he has personally experienced it. If I use a snappy comeback and make him mad (and any form of disagreement with him makes him mad) then he'll take it out on my hubby. So, I try to avoid him as much as possible. If he comes over and I'm alone, I don't answer the door. If my hubby answers the door, I hide in the bathroom and pretend I have the runs. Whatever it takes!
    With great empathy,
    KLutzo
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

im laughing so hard i have tears in my eyes!

THANK YOU !
    kara
  5. whsechick

whsechick New Member

Thank you sooo much Spedding! I really needed a laugh today! And throwing kiwis is better than hittin' them with a baseball bat!

whsechick
  6. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I am going through he** right now recooperateing from loosing my job, hurting my knee, having knee surgery after just having spinal fushion sugery 11 months ago and when I try and tell my husband whom is been gone now for 6 months leaving me as a fulltime single mom and working outside the home things-ie why rules with the kids are not being enforced, phone calls get put off, i sleep sometimes 16 hours a day lately due to a near nervous breakdown-he replys with I know how you feel, BUT YOU MUST DO ..............

I am in counceling with a great therapist, and am raising two kids one is 13 with fms herself-she hates me for it right now and a son who is 8 who is getting tired of seeing mommy in bed and him having to get himself off to school in the morning because I CAN'T GET MY HEAD OFF THE PILLOW AT 6 AM

The good news is we have each other here and we understand, we really do. I loved your reinactment of a standard conversation with the non fms person-so typical.

It shows you have a sence of humor-you have to to deal with this disease or any adversity,no matter what cross we bare. I bare many right now-just diagnosed as having ADD and interstitial cystitis and sjogren's syndrom in the last 6 months, not to mention colapsed and herniated discs in c5,6,7 and a torn meniscus and level2 tear in my ACL of my knee in the last 12 months ---on top of years of knowing about and living with fms and osteoarthritis and the degeneration that goes with it and CFS for 11 years now-which pain usually overides fatigue so I do not talk about the cfs anymore. i have no idea which ailment is which anymore-they all just equal pain-that is all i know

I do not know what your story is, but maybe mine made yours a little easier-if not I tried-all done in fun and laughs.

In friendship

cathy aka griswoldgirl
  7. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

Spedding, going thru the posts and came across this one of yours, and it is soooooo true! I get that reaction from non-FM/CFS people!LOL! You hit the nail on the head!:)
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

get this worst from my 85 y.o. Grandmother who pretty much raised me.
    I love her with all my heart but I'll say how I'm feeling once in blue moon & she'll reply
    "You wait until you are my age & your bones don't work any more & you ache & creak everytime you move." UM ER..... Didn't I just say that!!!!!
    Oh well, she means well.
    As for friends & strangers, can't I just hit them over the head with something???? (If I have the energy to pick it up in the first place.)

Lease