7th Peptide Injection and Labwork

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As y'all who keep up with my peptide posts know, the last injection didn't seem to work. I told the doc and he reminded me that in the beginning, he mentioned this happens sometimes. Then, he went over my labwork, which I had within a few days of my last injection. My WBC was a bit high so I was likely fighting off the cold which I eventually came down with. That would likely explain why the last shot didn't work. This one was given by the doc and it stung, a good sign that it will work.

Other than the WBC, which isn't a big deal, my labs were perfect. That's great news. My blood sugar was 89, down from last year's 98. I stopped my Synthroid because I suspected it was what caused my tachycardia. Lab results were normal so I'm not going back on it.

Even though I had to postpone this injection for two weeks due to my cold, the last two weeks, I've felt better except for the cold symptoms. My Sjogren's symptoms have been gone again. I feel better today than I usually do on injection day. Still, I'm taking it easy today. It isn't required but I think it helps the shots to "take" better. I visualize those peptides glomming onto the receptors on my cells. I also put any stress out of my mind. Tomorrow is another day (The Scarlet O'Hara Syndrome :)

I'll update this as the days go on. I'm halfway through the treatment. Except for the last injection and my cold, I can say that I'm a lot better than I was before starting them. I just hope and pray that I can stop the injections at the appropriate time and still feel well.

Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive and interested.

Love, Mikie

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm glad to hear you're doing better (except for the cold). But that's great news your Sjogren's symptoms have disappeared again. I hope they stay gone, and I hope this injection takes for you! And I do believe Scarlet O'Hara had it right :)

Take care and keep us updated -

3. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Mickie, (or Scarlet)
    Glad to hear the Sjogren's symptoms are better and that you feel this shot may work. Rest up and enjoy the pac man game in your head. : )
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really do appreciate your kindness.

Leah, a rose by any other name... As long as you don't call me, "Icky." I do try not to let things stress me out but this whole thing with the plumbing has been very, very frustrating. I didn't tell the whole story on the CC board because it's long and tedious and would just stress me out to tell it. I know that things always have a way of working out but it's hard to remember in the heat of battle.

Mary, another Scarlet fan. Love it. She had it right! Yes, the Sjogren's was the last condition which afflicted me. One would think it would be the first to go and stay away but, for some reason, it seems to rear its ugly head if I get run down. Last night, my eyes were watering and I was drooling again. Normal people might find this disgusting but to me, it's wonderful.

Michele, this shot is already working; thank God. I got up feeling soooo good. I think the last shot was just a fluke of timing with whatever my immune system was fighting off. The whole last six weeks have not been my best. It's so good to feel like I'm back. I'm resisting the urge to overdo today. Geez, I loved Pac Man and Pong. We had an Atari and thought we were on the cutting edge. Little did we know what was on the horizon. That said, however; I don't think there's much that goes on in my head.

I'll continue to update this as the days go on. I try to describe accurately as I go along so that anyone considering this treatment doesn't expect instant miracles. The idea is to train the body over time. Sometimes, I take a leap forward and sometimes, I take a few steps backward. Still, it's the end result which counts. Even so, I am soooo much better overall. It's my friends and neighbors who have really noticed the difference. I wish these treatments were available to everyone who wants them. I think that snowball in hell will be long melted and gone before insurance companies will look at long-term benefits instead of just slapping band aids on what ails us. One good thing about healthcare reform is that it is putting more emphasis on prevention. Also, it keeps insurance companies from only insuring healthy people.

My doc told me that there is a series of shots which will train the body to continue to make hormones after menopause. He says menopause isn't "natural" but is a failure of the body. I will continue to take HRT until I finish the peptide injections and then, will look into these shots. Next time, I will write down the name of the shot so I can do some research. My doc said the women he has on the shots have had lots of things, not usually considered related to menopause, clear up. So this sounds promising too.

Did I say that I love this doc?

Love, Mikie
  5. deepak

deepak Member

YAY again ! :)

I saw people quoting your posts on some sites so I think you are the poster girl for peptides :)

I was just wondering - halfacre and someone else did not get too good results - isnt there a plasma specific peptide that can also be done and those might help people in whom these generic ones dont ?

You clued in on this ?

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry, I thought I had mentioned the plasma test one can take in order to have tailor-made peptides specific to one's own conditions. Yes, if three injections aren't working, they discontinue them. If one wants, a plasma exam can be done to determine which peptides will work. With a couple of exceptions, my injections worked from day one, so we knew we were on the right track. Actually, they can usually tell from the first shot whether they will work.

Yesterday, I felt exhausted (wasn't expecting that). Seems the Red Tide is back and I was fighting it off. I took a cold med with a cough supressant and slept most of the day. Red Tide is an algae overgrowth and is red. It kills fish and causes coughing and respiratory problems in humans. I got up feeling much better. We had a rain storm last night and that often breaks up the algae.

Off topic, but interesting, a barge has washed up from the Japanese Tsunami. It is covered in exotic sea life and was set afire in hopes of not letting these exotic creatures take over the native sea life here.

I will be going out today as I have things to pick up at Lowes so am glad to be feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  7. deepak

deepak Member

So happy for you !

ship with exotic creatures burned down is sad!

Have you ever studied LDN ? I was just wondering if you have any thoughts on LDN vs Peptides.

Lately I am veering more towards the feeling that I have some parasite or spirochete based infection rather than FM - have been herxing on lauricidin and thinking of adding samento ....not sure if you know of these.

Happy outings to you :)