8 weeks pregnant, sick, tired, heart palps....HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lease79, Sep 11, 2002.

1. lease79

lease79 New Member

I used to post here quite a bit, but of late I just log in & read everyones posts.
    Anyways I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant with my 4th child & I have never been this sick :(
    Just before I got pregnant I had to quit all sport, as I was having severe breathing problems (my sinus & throat would just seem to 'block off') & I have been very diorientated since June this year :( (My neuro problems are going crazy!!!)
    Just recently the heart palpatations have gotten worse, I have had a bout of Tachycardia a week ago, (lasted 2-3 minutes, thankfully my best friend was here or I don't know what I would have done :( ) Scared me so bad.
    I feel so weak, can't breathe properly & feel like someone has punched the centre of my chest, just below where the ribs meet. If I push there the pain is unbearable. This is pretty much always there. I feel like I can't get enough air in. (I had something like this before about 4 years ago & was put on an ECG, but it showed nothing.)
    Can't even walk short distances or I get SOOO dizzy.
    I had an episode at Christmas (some of you might remember,) where this all happened & one night I was having severe chest pain, couldn't breathe, my blood pressure went through the roof, dizzy & got rushed to hospital.
    Passed out whilst I was there. The doc took blood tests, (including cardiac enzymes) & had a chest CT done, but everything came back normal :( There is no explination for my chest pain, or for my breathing difficulty.
    I have so had enough :( I can't deal with my kids like this. I can barely walk from the lounge to the kitchen, let alone pick my eldest up from Kindy :(
    Anyone have any idea's on what it could be, or what I should do???

Muchly appreciated

Lisa
  2. lease79

lease79 New Member

I used to post here quite a bit, but of late I just log in & read everyones posts.
    Anyways I am nearly 9 weeks pregnant with my 4th child & I have never been this sick :(
    Just before I got pregnant I had to quit all sport, as I was having severe breathing problems (my sinus & throat would just seem to 'block off') & I have been very diorientated since June this year :( (My neuro problems are going crazy!!!)
    Just recently the heart palpatations have gotten worse, I have had a bout of Tachycardia a week ago, (lasted 2-3 minutes, thankfully my best friend was here or I don't know what I would have done :( ) Scared me so bad.
    I feel so weak, can't breathe properly & feel like someone has punched the centre of my chest, just below where the ribs meet. If I push there the pain is unbearable. This is pretty much always there. I feel like I can't get enough air in. (I had something like this before about 4 years ago & was put on an ECG, but it showed nothing.)
    Can't even walk short distances or I get SOOO dizzy.
    I had an episode at Christmas (some of you might remember,) where this all happened & one night I was having severe chest pain, couldn't breathe, my blood pressure went through the roof, dizzy & got rushed to hospital.
    Passed out whilst I was there. The doc took blood tests, (including cardiac enzymes) & had a chest CT done, but everything came back normal :( There is no explination for my chest pain, or for my breathing difficulty.
    I have so had enough :( I can't deal with my kids like this. I can barely walk from the lounge to the kitchen, let alone pick my eldest up from Kindy :(
    Anyone have any idea's on what it could be, or what I should do???

Muchly appreciated

Lisa
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

I would and did. There are some posts on this a few pages back. Did you read them? I hope you have help with the kids. Can hubby or a friend do the pick ups? Ask for help don't push your self. I spent 7 months in bed with my last. I had Toximia but, other wise I felt great. I wouldn't wait.

Please take care of your self, Kim and Gary

PS congradulations on the new one coming.
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

Thankyou so much for you reply, I'll go back & have a look.
    Unfortunately no, no help with the kids :(
    Hubby is working full-time again & we have noone else that can help out :(
    Thanks again.

Lisa
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

your childs class drive? You could offer some gas money to help you out. Ask the school and If it's puplic school the PTA, PTO or councilour. I hirer high school kids for $5.00 an hour to help us out with cleaning and home work when our older ones were young. Back then it was $2.00 per hr. There is 15 years between our youngest 2. Some times boys scout troups have programs to help out. I know I in my Pack that is cub scouts 1-5 grades. The p's did help people and in the troups there are Eagle scouts that maybe able to help or if you belong to a relgious org. they usually have people taht help in all areas.

Good luck and hope you get the help you need soon, Kim and Gary
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry to hear you are having all these problems. That has got to be hard with young children, pregnant, and this sick.

Can you get your doctor to listen to you? Or as someone else said a high risk doctor for this pregnancy?

I only take supplements and herbs, but would be afraid to even suggest anything for you while you are pregnant! Some herbs can be dangerous in your condition.

Do try and get to the doctor. You need some serious help.

Take care, and am sending you good thoughts and blessings.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. allhart

allhart New Member

i know this is going to sound realy dumb but its sounds just like the systoms i get when i have a sever anxity attack,my husbands aunt who has lupus diabetes and graves dease also had these symtoms and was but in the hospatial and but threw days worth of test and the also decided that sever anixty were to blame they seem to come on when im relexed insted of stressed,i did have quite a few last year when i was preg with #4 who was born in march,they are very very scarey make sure to tell your dr as soon as possible,good luck and congrats,
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

Thanks, I was thinking about going through this pregnancy through a hospital closer to where I live, but I think that I will have to stick with my old OB that knows all my problems.
    allhart, I do have anxiety/panic attacks on top of everything else, but unfortunately these symptoms that I have been having have been permanent for days :(

Lease
  9. allhart

allhart New Member

sorry i couldnt be more help maybe you should see a perineotologist though for the prag, my husbands aunt was having the systoms for about 8 monthes aand a few hospital stays before they realized it was axity she even had a a angogram done with all her health promblems they thought for sure it was her heart,thank god it wasnt youll be in my prayers
  10. LynneH

LynneH New Member

Hi Lisa. Yes, anxiety attacks can cause you to feel that way, but have you ever checked into Costo condritis? It mimics heart attack pain....but you can pretty much tell it is the costo if when you push on your chest, it hurts. I found out I had it a few months ago when I went to the Urgent Care, pretty sure I was having a heart attack.
    Put in a search on this site...it's been talked about frequently.
    Good luck,
    LynneH
  11. lease79

lease79 New Member

Thakyou Lhynn for the information. I have heard something about this before. It hurts immensely to touch the centre of my chest :(
    I entered this on an altavista search & it brought back nothing. I'll try this site now, thankyou!

Lease