A 1st last night

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaminhealth, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

in a long time, many years I think. I slept thru the night from 11ish to about 6:20AM when my bladder woke me up....

I'll finish this later, my computer is really slow in printing.
  2. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

That's great news, Jam...hope tonight is a repeat :)
  3. mbofov

mbofov Member

That is great, Jam - are you doing anything different?

Mary
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I am always up at least once or twice which is in a way good as then I can take my Strontium Citrate and thyroid meds. Let us know if you have found the reason you slept so well. Great news.

Toodles,
    Granni
  5. jaminhealth

I don't know why I slept so well and long....I did change my cuddle ewe pad on my bed, I have a sleep number and I made my cuddle ewe pad double so I have a little more "cushion" on my body....if that is the reason I don't know....I'm taking a Cardio B capsule to lower homocysteine and that's really about it....we'll see how tonight goes. I still take my sleep combo, but last night was a shock and I was almost worried.....some nights when I wake up at 2-3-4am I would have to take a calms forte' to get back to sleep, and I haven't had to do that in a while....don't know but I am happy to sleep thru the night...still wake up still and sluggish.....
  6. jaminhealth

Mary, Cardio B has 50mg B6, 5mg Folic Acid, 1mg B12 and 500mg Betaine (TMG)....could the 5mg Folic Acid change body chemistry? I've been getting much smaller amounts of Folic Acid in B12 and multi vitamin.

Oh, I just remembered I had a cold laser treatment down my back and back of neck...this laser work allegedly quiets nerve pain.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  7. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Glad you got the extra sleep. That's terrific!!:) Hope this continues...we all know how FM can be such a sleep robber.
  8. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I've never heard of cold laser treatment. Hope your sleep continues to improve. I've found that stress in any shape or form causes me to not get good sleep, even though I take gabapentin which supposedly calms the brain. Little l5 min. cat naps thru out the day just doesn't cut it either. Personally I need a minimum of 6 hrs. deep, undisturbed sleep and all of us with CFS or FM would greatly improve if we got that. And the lack of sleep does affect your pain threshold......it's an endless battle. Have pain, can't sleep, can't sleep, have pain.
  9. jaminhealth

Well, last night was NOT a repeat of the night before GOOD SLEEP.... I woke at 4ish for the bathroom and was still tossing and turning until at least 6AM, I don't get up, I'm still tired and pained....so I need more sleep until 8ish or so. So I popped an Inositol and Calms Forte' and did get back to sleep.

I did go to bed last night with stuff on my mind, certain family member, never fails that will do it, I did not sleep good at all to that 4ish wakeup for bathroom.

Sun, Many/Most chiros use cold and hot laser therapy, I've had both and this current chiro I see uses cold laser and it's said to "calm fibro nerve pain"... You can find info about Fibro and Cold Laser Therapy. I posted about it on another thread on the FM group. He used it the other day down the center of my back and neck and a couple other spots, I felt good when I walked out of his office....

I'll continue hoping I get the longer nights of sleep. Things have changed so much in recent months, I got much better sleep a while ago. I still shake my had at all this... jam
  10. mbofov

mbofov Member

Hi Jam - I haven't read anything about folic acid affecting sleep, although it might. However, when I took B6 late in the day, it caused insomnia. Looking at the ingredients of the Cardio B it might be best to take it in the morning.

Mary
  11. jaminhealth

Mary, I thought MAYBE taking higher Folic Acid would cause better sleep...who knows.. Last night was fitfull...I do take Cardio B in the morning....jam
  12. jaminhealth

Well, last night was much better slept thru to close to 4AM for the bathroom, then got back to sleep pretty good...

It's nice to NOT be waking at 2-3AM as I have been in the past....we shall see. Perhaps the cold laser is doing "something" good...I'll have another session next week by the chiro....acupuncture next week too for knee and ankle....I'm going to do more reading up on cold laser therapy.