A Bad, Sad Day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Jan 16, 2003.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I had a horrible day today and I think I'll feel better if I post about. This is really the only place I can say these things, so I hope no one minds :)

Our house is being foreclosed and we found out that the sale notice was already in the paper. Then we found out today that the real estate guy we've been working with, who claims we were approved to get a mortgage, has a horrible reputation in this town for screwing people over. So we're now afraid to work with him. It looks like we're going to just go rent a place. I had hoped we could buy another home, but it's just not happening. I'm hoping we'll find a decent place to rent.

But the real kicker for the day was that my mom went to a new doctor. She needed some disability forms filled out and he was so incredibly mean to her that she was practically in tears when she left the office. I was waiting for her outside. I felt like it had happened to me because I've had that happen. She has her own physical problems, but I think she also has a mild version of CFIDS. Like I have it worse than her. But anyway, the doctor just plain said horrible stuff to her like you can't possibly be sick enough not to work, that kind of thing. He was just plain evil. I think he is going to do her disability papers anyway, but he was a total rat. I just feel so sorry it happened to my mom and it just brought all the bad doctor experiences I've had right back at me. Ever since my doctor moved out of state, I haven't been having a great experience either. I have to go this week to get more refills on my thyroid med or I wouldn't even go. The doc I'm seeing acts like I'm wasting his time when I go into his office. He's another rat. He doesn't care about CFIDS/FM/CFS and he really lets you know it. I'm hoping when we move, I'll find a much better doctor to go to. It's so hard to get anyone good :(

The packing is making me sad, too. This whole situation sux :( Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I keep telling myself tomorrow will be a better day :)

TeaBisqit
  2. blast

blast New Member

and this is the place to do it, so vent all u want!!!
    I am so sorry to hear what has happened to u. Life can be so cruel, but I will put u in my prayers, if that is alright with u, and try to give u some kind and caring words. You are right when u say tomorrow is another day, and let's hope it will be better than today. Better yet it will be better. Maybe this is God's way of getting u from out underneath a person whom cannot be trusted (real estate person), to someone u can. We have all had out hard times, I just hope you find a place soon.
    Good luck,
    Sherri
  3. missvickielynn

missvickielynn New Member

I don't have any sage advice for you, but then I understand that you really weren't looking so much for advice as you were just needing to let it out, and wanting to feel "listened to". I completely understand that need. I also totally understand how you feel about having no other outlet for your feelings except here on the board.
    It is so very hard for most people to simply be good, supportive, empathetic listeners, without feeling compelled to try to advise or "fix" the problem......and that is to say nothing of the people who not only cannot listen well, but who refuse to listen or believe.

We suffer so many losses that most people don't have any compassion for. I know that there are many of us with these DD's who face losing our homes, jobs, and even families, and live with the kind of cruel treatment you have described by the Doctors we go to for help. It just blows my mind, even after all the years I have been dealing with these DD's, how people can be so narrow-minded as to think that anyone would choose the situations we find ourselves in because of these illnesses. And it continues to break my heart to discover how many bullies posing as human beings there are out there, who will take advantage, betray, and basically abuse people who are the most vulnerable, and the least able to defend themselves and fight for their rights.

I just wanted you to know that I felt your pain, as corny as that sounds. I am facing (and have faced many times)circumstances very similar to what you are going through, and I know what it is like not to have "a soft place to fall", as Dr. Phil says. This board is the closest that many of us can come to having a true best friend who listens without judgement.

I hope tomorrow brings you some relief, in more ways than one. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Vickie

[ advertisement ]