A beautiful prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by springwater, Mar 22, 2010.

1. springwater

springwater Active Member

I sometimes go thru prayer request sites to see the requests and came upon this one

which i found especially beautiful.

Copying it down below

Heavenly Father take all of me into your rest & peace, I look forward to so much of your answered promises, take the vulnerability of my emotions & cast them away, take my pain & dissapointments, my anxiousness & restlessness & create in me steadfastness, faith & trust that it is your will & not my expectations that need to be remembered, calm my heart I pray, I don't need to question just have faith & be obedient, have mercy on me Lord, thank you Jesus amen

God Bless
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

I LOVE this prayer. Have read it over a few times - so much to get out of it.

Surrender, and trust of all of our hurting, vulnerable selves into his loving care.

I'm going to print it out, and put it in my Bible - to return to again and again.

It's helping me today in a difficult situation to trust in God's care for someone I love, and can't help now.

Also 'hope' - I feel like I'm living a new adventure lately in "answered promises".

This prayer is so rich, and covers all the important areas that we need to return to again and again, to ever grow stronger.

Thank you, dear Springwater for sharing such a treasure!

Love, Judy
  3. springwater

Your most welcome :)

God Bless
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I love it. I've been having so much pain in my back again, that I'm afraid to think of what I may need to do. Worst being surgery, but, I could go with a block, but again, I've had problems with them. That would be me, if anything can go wrong with a procedure it seems to. Prayers are so powerful. So helpful in many different ways. Some we ask for ourselves, some we ask for others, and hopefully we begin our prayers with thanks, because I believe that there is always something to be thankful for.
    Now, I will say, that I have 18, yes, I said 18 chicks hatch since yesterday and one on the way. Four others haven't pipped, but will wait to see what happens by tomorrow. I prayed for these eggs to hatch...I could say, that sometimes we should be careful for what we pray for. :) Not sure where they will all go. Didn't expect so many to hatch, out of 24. But my goodness. When we had family prayer last night, couldn't help but tell the Lord thank you for the miracle of life. It is so precious. Human, or other animals..even the ugly little robins that will be born soon..my opinion..homely, but precious. And, a beautiful sign that spring is on it's way when you hear the Robin's song. Love it. Love the Lord for all that we have and enjoy at His hand. Only because of Him, can I be positive during my hard times.
    Thank you again Springwater, you brought a lot of good thoughts to mind for me..
    Love, Cynthia
  5. springwater

glad you liked it.

18 chicks!!! Can you imagine all the cheep cheep cheep!!! Iv had pigeons hatching all over the
    outside of the house. I think its baby boom time for birds. Theyre evrywhere on the ledges. One just spread its wings from where it was born on our bathroom ledge and the mom or another mom has laid two eggs before i could get rid of the nest. It makes it very dirty. Not all survive.
    Some fall prey to other birds or mice. I was watching two beautiful little eggs in a bush outside
    my window i think the mom is a wood pigeon, but one morning i peeked and both eggs gone. I know it was the mice which live in that bush too. another time one of two little chicks had a head
    missing i think it fell prey to an attack by another bird and two little birds which were just born
    fell down from the nest and found them dead. So sunshine and shadow all round. But life and its comings and goings go on irrespective. I know the little chickies who died are in a better place. They suffered for only that one little moment.

Im sorry to hear of your back pain. Do you do visualisation? I read an account of how a woman was cured completely in front of a lot of others in the workshop. This might clash with your beliefs but it was connected with Lord Jesus. They were doing a past life hypnosis session and she saw herself in the times of jesus when he was on the cross. And she was an onlooker who was standing in front of the cross and crying. Suddenly she felt a lightning bolt go thru her back and her crippled back was straight and she started dancing. Her back which she couldnt straighten was healed. It sounded so incredible but the author is very well known and the stories could be cross checked so he shouldnt have been lying. Its Brian Weiss's book. Same soul many bodies. At the time he wondered "how will this woman of science, this physicist for that is what she was, incorporate what has happened in her life?" Because all her MRI reports every thing had shown severe veterbrae damage and here she was cured in an instant, in front of all the people doing the workshop. her name was Victoria.

No one has all the answers, we are all looking, sometimes we get discouraged but its fascinating to read about what goes on outside of our own experiences and knowledge.

God Bless
  6. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I now have 19 babies! :p The one I wasn't sure would make it, did. I had to help her out, took the whole day, little by little, but "she" is doing fine.
    Wow, that's quite the story of that women. I believe that anyone that has faith enough, can have anything happen for the good..if...it is the Lord's will. I believe if we turn our lives over to Him, then according to His will, and our faith, miracles still happen today. And why not? I don't believe that God would leave us alone and not allow miracles to still happen. So many don't believe in miracles, they just believe that it only happened in Bible times. Then of course there are plenty that believe in miracles, whether it be a small or a big one. I see miracles all around me every day. As you mentioned here, the miracle of life coming and going with those birds. I see that as a miracle in the way that life happens in the wild. What would we do with too many pigeons? Too many mice? We all know how it works. Kind of sad, but a good thing it happens. The balance that was planned, to make it work here, a miracle.
    That had to be quite a wonderful experience for those people that were there to see her heal. I would say, that Victoria had a tremendous amount of faith!
    How about it Springwater....interested in any chicks? They will lay you wonderful eggs for breakfast, when they get older. :p
    Love, Cynthia
  7. springwater

I wouldnt have minded but our dogs wouldnt let the little critters be. Also when they are
    big and grown into fine young hens and roosters, they will likely start pecking at whats
    left of my flowers.

Have fun, tho. You are going to have a lively time watching them fluffy critters grow.

God Bless
  8. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

true that on the flowers!
  9. jole

jole Member

I like yours, Springwater.
    Just ran across this one that I like too. Not a prayer, but a thought.

Tell your problems how big God is; don't tell God how big your problems are.

Jole