A blueluebird thinks I'm his Mama

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, May 22, 2006.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

One of the baby bluebirds that fledged two weeks ago flew down and started pecking for bugs at my feet this morning. He wouldn't let me touch him but, he snatched a moth out of my fingers two different times. I guess he recognizes my face cause I looked in the bluebird box a lot when he was an egg and before he could fly. It gave me that warm, tingly feeling. I hope he doesn't expect a bug from me every time I go outside.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/23/2006]
  2. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Thanks for the post. very interesting. I would love to attract bluebirds, but mabe not secluded enough here with a dog barking at the birds all the time and traffic in the front. My daughter lives in the woods...hmm

thanks
    Carolyn
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

I loved hearing this story! Please keep sharing what happens to him.

I've been enjoying our robins that nest close to the house each year. I'm always thrilled from nest building to fledgling stage.
  4. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

What a cool experience! Ya know, the Native Americans would say this is a sign for you. A sign of happiness. Just a thought!
  5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I love birds and butterflys all Gods gifts
  6. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

HAHA! That is so funny. I will be curious to see if he expects that from you. Birds are so awesome. We love watching them in our back yard. Sad though cause our painted buntings went North for the summer.