A Board Member Has Passed...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lincamp, Apr 22, 2011.

1. lincamp

lincamp Member

It is w a heavy heart that I share w you that our beloved MrDad...Joe... has passed. He and a few of the original Porchlighters have kept in contact via private emails. He was such a fun loving guy who enjoyed the Pro Health Family but due to declining health found it difficult to keep up with the board..

Mrdad was one of the original "founders" of the Porchlight series. The place that became a comfy haven for friends to gather and sit in their Porch rockers to chat. A place to be silly or serious or vent or chat.

In Joes memory, let the Porchlight series continue w the same comradery.

I have had contact w his immediate family. They will be holding a Memorial service for Him some time next week. If there is a message or a memory of Him you would like to share, please do so here and I will pass it on. I know it would mean a lot to his Son and Daughter..

The girls in the bikini's and the squirrels in the park will miss you Joe, may Sister Mary Gregory keep watch over you and may God Bless you MrDad.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Joe was one of the original porch posters. He was a very active poster w/ a
    great sense of humor. When he left the board some two years ago, I kept
    hoping he would be able to come back. We did correspond by e mail.

If you want to see a sample of Joe's light-hearted approach to current events,
    go here:

He was always pleased to announce that his son or daughter was coming for a
    visit, going to dinner, etc. I believe they were real. Not so sure about those
    squirrels and bikini wearers in the park.

RIP Joe. I will continue to miss you.

3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was one of the original starters of The Porch with Mr Dad. He was a wonderful man....one of a kind. He was so intelligent and what a sense of humor he had. He was the one that explained a disease that he and Carla (another long time member of The Porch) about a disease called hemochromatosis that they both had. I did get checked and sure enough I shared the same disease as they did. But for those that remember how Joe enjoyed the nurses,I can't say the same myself. Joe seemed to enjoy alot of things. He was so special to me. I always looked forward to his post and his advice. I wish that I could have met him in person....really I wish all of us like Annie, Rock, Linda, Honora,Carla, and I know I missing a couple of names but my brain fog is terrible today
    could have had that party on The Porch. He was always so proud of his children. May they know how much they were Loved. May he rest in peace and may his family know that he was so special and loved very much.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

At the time he was active, I wasn't coming here much as I was working. I do not remember him but my prayers go out to all his friends here, his family and his other loved ones.

Love, Mikie
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I came along soon after the originators of The Porch began. It was always with humor and grace that MrDad posted here. Joe was a humble man. He would be touched and amazed to know that he was so well-remembered. He was kind to everyone, always thought the best of one and all, as if we were his kids. His love for his friends was superseded only by his love for his two children and baby grandson.

I'm proud to say that our friendship continued over the years. When I was in a very rough patch last year, MrDad was there with gentle humor and wisdom. I might have gotten through it without him, but surely not as well.

May he be surrounded by all the angels - in their bee-kee-nees - and save a place near the light for all of us, beside him.

[This Message was Edited on 04/22/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2011]
  6. lincamp

lincamp Member

Rock you got it so right when you wrote Mrdad had such a light-hearted manner....always there w silly humor to make us all smile.

Mikie I am sure his family will appreciate your prayers.

Marta yes, humble, humorous and full of grace

Diane you are so right, I did misspell bee-kee-nee!!
    Thanks for the correction ;-)

1sweetie how nice to see you here bit am so sorry it is for the reason it is.

I was reading some of the original Porchlight writings and found this post from you..it helps better explain Mrdads role on the Porch so I thought I would share it w everyone

Look at the year 2006!

You requested info on how the Porch Light started. A few of Us, Mrdad, Rocky, Honora (a wonderful person that is no longer on the board) and Anne were chit chatting to each other.

Carla, Lolalee, Fredericka, & Jodie soon joined in. We decided that the thread needed a name. Carla started the first one and it's title included the word Aqua. I hosted the 2nd and titled it The Porch but the name was suggested by Lolalee and someone else.

Rocky and several of us shared what the meaning of a porch used to be in older days, especially in the South. Lolalee said their gathering place was the stoop.

The porch has grown and was welcomed by all. It was never meant to be inclusive. We wanted everyone to feel welcome.

Mrdad is not the only person that has hosted the thread. I have hosted a few but have not been quite "up to it" lately. I remember that Carla has when she is able and so has Anne and Lolalee.

Mrdad is such a good host though and keeps us in line. He has "THE SISTER" watching him.

That is my memory of how The Porch got started.

7. ckball

ckball New Member

For your heart felt post. I just spent some time re-reading some of the first Front Porch posts but some are missing, but it was nice to read Mrdad's eloquint and humorous posts about Fredericka and his and Rock's "road show". We all have had many a good laugh together and miss those daze. Oh and the wild "parties" we had, I never found that missing lamp shade, wonder if he has it stuffed in his closet?

One thing about Mrdad was he had the biggest heart of any one I know, he was always there for support and comfort, even when he was fighting for his life. I will never forget him and will never see a girl in a Bee-Kee-Nee and not think of him, or seeing someone with a sack of nuts in one hand and lotion in the other without remembering him. Who will feed the squirells now?

Mrdad we will miss your stories, your warm heart, supportive arms and open ears, hopefully now you know how loved you are, yes are, we know you are hanging out with Sister Mary watching over us now, so keep the light on and we will all meet again someday-Love Carla
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I joined PH in 2005, I cannot believe it was that long ago. Do you remember when the Porch was actually started? It seemed like when I stumbled upon the Porch MrDad was there to greet me and all others, new and old to sit down and visit.

I remember so much all about the Bee Kee Nee girls, Sister Mary Gregory and those squirrels in the park. I missed him so much when he left the Porch and the boards, As others have said he was so full of life, humorous, and full of common sense despite his medical problems. He was always so welcoming. I am so sorry he is now gone. I have thought of him often since he left our Porch.

Yes Carla, I think he must be busy visiting and telling stories with dear Sister Mary Gregory. I guess Mrdad will be busy too, if all the dead good squirrels and animals go there too. I also remember all the old friends that used to hang out on Porch when MrDad was there too.

I know he is and will be missed by his family and many friends.

God bless MrDad and his family including his PH Family !

[This Message was Edited on 04/23/2011]
  9. springwater

springwater Active Member

i dont think i got to read many of MrDads posts because he left off posting around
    the time i came in. I did think maybe he wasnt doing to well. But i do remember
    Elaine teasing him about the bikini girls and squirrels.

He seems like a wonderful man. I pray and believe he rests in peace.

God Bless

BILLCAMO New Member

I remember MrDad ....but not Joe..specifically..may be part of my brain fog.......

Sorry to hear we lost a member of our family !

But I think he would , & does , agree that we all should do our best to support each other....

Blessings ,

11. victoria

victoria New Member

Please give my condolences to his family, and let them know he was really helpful on the boards and he has been missed. I was wondering why he disappeared, I think a lot of us did.

all the best to his family,
  12. S-Elaine

S-Elaine Member

Thank you so much for letting us know about our dear, Mr Dad, Joe.

I will keep him in a special place in my heart always, as I am sure many here feel the same way.

He was so vibrant and lived his life with "zest". He welcomed me to the Porch and it became a place of comfort to me.

Please let his family know prayers are being sent their way and I will forever miss Joe.

I cherished him. I loved hearing about his adventures, the park and squires!! I always looked forward to reading his posts, updates of what he was up to. He was so descriptive with his writing style where I could actually visually picture what it looked like. He made me laugh when we had our Virtual Parties.

If you could let his friends and Family Members know how wonderful he was to all of us on the Porch & at ProHealth, I would appreciate that.

I will continue to miss him as well as care about him.

I am grateful to have known him because he touched my life in an incredible way.

== Elaine
  13. spacee

spacee Member

I would read his posts on the other board. What a really, really nice man.

Prayers to his family too.

It hurts to know one of us (on any of the boards) is gone.

14. jole

jole Member

This board has provided a means to meet such special people, and Joe was definitely that! I remember when he stopped coming to the Porch, and how I kept waiting for him to return.

What wonderful days those were, all of us in our special place together on the porch, without pain or fatigue......and with friends to share lighthearted fun and love. So many of us women....and then there was MrDad and Rock, who kept us all in stitches with their banter. I could relate soooo well with his SMG stories, having attended a Catholic school; and we all waited on his next trip to the park....lol.

He had a definite love of life, family, and every living thing. He will be missed..........Jole
  15. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

I'm so sorry to learn of Joe's passing. I remember when he went up to Chico to help care for his close friend who was dying.

He really was kind to me, and such a help when I was going through a rough time. Such a loving person.

Godspeed, Joe.

16. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I didn't know Joe, but people on ProHealth are very special and I'm so sorry to learn he has passed on.
  17. lincamp

lincamp Member

"Dear mr. Dad, thank you for all your contributions to this forum and our Porch.
    I've enjoyed our conversations more than you probably realised.
    You lit up everyones day here and you will be remembered!
    You will be an inspiration for many of us for ever.

Big hugs from Holland,
  18. Callum

Callum New Member

...and that was always a welcome blessing. Thank you for sharing this information, Linda. I've been away from the board for a while, and this is exactly why I should make more of an effort to stop by, even if it is to stop in on the porch...

19. mezombie

mezombie Member

I just heard this sad news. MrDad was one of a kind and he will be missed by many. I loved reading his joyful posts and witty remarks. He made me smile and laugh which is often the best medicine.

I haven't checked in here in a long time but luckily a mutual friend let me know what happened.

Big hug to you MrDad -- may you rest in peace.