A "bout" of fibromyalgia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, May 4, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Over the past 5 years I have talked to several people about fibromyalgia. Of those numerous conversations, I have had TWO people say "they have had a bout of FM". How in the world can someone have "a bout of FM"???

Mine is chronic, spanning 5 years now. I didn't realize someone could have FM and have it disappear on them altogether. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

Perhaps they are talking about flares. I have read somewhere that some people will go into "remission" from the symptoms. Then again perhaps they were just labeled with something because the dr. didn't really know what it was and then it went away.
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

....is chronic - that means it does NOT go away, though, as was previously mentioned, it can go into remission....that means that it will eventually come back, though
  4. ourlife

ourlife New Member

I was diagnosed with Fibro in Oct of 08 and was in severe pain until Feb. From Feb -April I wasn't completely pain free but it was tolerable and I wasn't as tired. Now since the end of April it has "flared" back up so i guess i was in remission and now in a flare. Although i could be wrong becuase i am new to FM/CFS. But since i have been in pain again i am having new symptoms on top of my others. So who knows. All i know is the pain is terrible and last night i had cramps in my foot so bad i couldn't walk and today my foot feels like a sledge hammer hit it.
  5. pearls

pearls New Member

That's a good one. Fibromyalgia is chronic. It is more like having boxing career as the underdog than a mere bout. If they are normal now after a "bout" my suspicion is that the FM "bout" was actually something else. Perhaps they were misdiagnosed.

-Pearl S.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/12/2009]
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Some one told my husband that FM is the new "in" illness. WHAT??? Is there a waiting list because someone can have mine! What an a*s

How ridiculous....But the truth be told, it pis*ed me off, and it still does:) I know, I need to learn to let go!!