A chance to make our voices heard

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by margo60, Aug 6, 2008.

1. margo60

margo60 New Member

I have signed up to the painfoundation.org some time ago to receive notices.
    I have received this today...
    Sorry if someone posted this already ....
    Do you think this is our chance to make our voices heard?!

"Urgent Action Needed: National Pain Care Policy Act Introduced in the Senate

American Pain Foundation

RSDSA has supported the Consensus Statement for the National Pain Care Policy Act. We have recently received great news. On August 1, 2008, the National Pain Care Policy Act was introduced in the Senate by Senators Orrin Hatch (R-UT) and Christopher Dodd (D-CT)! Now known in the Senate as the National Pain Care Policy Act of 2008, S. 3387 this bill needs our immediate support. The Senate will be going on summer recess as of August 9, 2008. Your senators need to hear from you so we can get this bill passed this session.

We hope you will join us in taking a stand on behalf of more than 76.5 million Americans suffering from pain and in need of better pain management.

Please contact your Senators as soon as possible to encourage them to co-sponsor the National Pain Care Policy Act of 2008, S. 3387.

Please go to the American Pain Foundation's website or click here to TAKE ACTION:

Here you will find more information about the legislation and their system will help you to easily and quickly send or fax a letter to your Senators via email.

This is an urgent request; this action needs to take place by the end of this week if it is to pass this session.
    Thank you for your support"

2. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Thank you VERY (not YELLing, the all caps are intended as emphasis since it's not possible to underline certain words)much for posting the link for this APF measure.

I do wish that in the pages of the fifty-page measure I could have found information relevant to California. I looked very closely at APF's website and can find no Click Here that would take me to any plans for California.

It's just too hard with this d'd to slog through all those pages filled with tiny print. Please do not feel I'm blaming you, Margo; I certainly am not.

I happen to HATE pdf files; html files are usually easier to read for some reason. Also, html files can be copy-pasted into a folder set up for the html files. It seems after many tries and failures on my part to copy-paste pdf files into folders specific to the computer-filed folders regarding M E/ Fibromyalgia information in order to locate the info without feeling as if tearing out my hair is a part of the copying and filing prodcedure.

Undoubtedly, there is a way to copy and file pdf files into folders held in this computer but I have also failed to dscover the process if it indeed exists. Yes, I am pegging the copy-paste-file failure on my part to the cogniive issues rampant in both ilnesses.

I sent an e-letter to APF asking for information specific to California and am hoping for a reply sent timely enough for me to be able to compreheld the info and decide to urge my senatorial and congressional representatives to push the measure forward.

Addionally when I was able to work I was employed by several law offices and learned there to never sign any measure, petition, or contract without reading it very carefully first.

3. margo60

margo60 New Member

Yes, they sure make it almost next to impossible for us with our limited energies to go through everything and make an intelligent decision.

My thinking was maybe just put together a sort of supporting letter regarding our hardships of many not able to get proper care and medication and email it to our Senators.

Unfortunately the time is so short I wish they had sent this information out earlier. Even just to make up a letter like that would take me days to pull my thoughts together.

Lea, this being a National Policy Act would individual states be listed ? as you are looking for CA reference.
    This may be a dumb question forgive me, it's getting late for me :)))