A Christmas Quiz

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Dec 13, 2006.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Anyone up for a fun Christmas Quiz,I've posted the answers at the end so no peeking please,LOL.

1) Which of these names does NOT belong to one of Santa's reindeer?

2) At Christmas, it is traditional to exchange kisses beneath a sprig of which plant?

3) In the Ukraine, what does it mean if you find a spiders web in the house on Christmas morning?

Good luck
    Misfortune will strike in the coming year
    The winter will be unusually cold
    Your house needs cleaning!
    4) In many households, part of the fun of eating Christmas pudding is finding a trinket that predicts your fortune for the coming year. For instance, finding a coin means you will become wealthy. What will you be if you find a button?

A bachelor
    Called away on a trip
    5) If you were given some frumenty at a medieval Christmas party, what would you probably do with it?

Eat it
    Burn it
    Put it in your sweetheart's hair
    Use it to polish your boots
    6) Which of the following names does NOT belong to one of the three kings?

7) In the song, 12 days of Christmas, how many ladies are dancing? PS Hope it's not pole dancing,LOL

8) By what name is Boxing Day (26th December) also known?

Cold turkey day
    St Nicholas day
    May day
    St Stephens day
    9) When singing the ’12 days of Christmas’ in its entirety how many gifts are given in total?

10) Which well known actor died on Christmas day in 1977?

Michael Bates
    Elvis Presley
    James Stewart
    Charlie Chaplin

1) Klaxon
    2) Mistletoe
    3) Good luck
    4) A bachelor
    5) Eat it
    6) Teleost
    7) 9
    8) St Stephen's Day
    9) 364 (Don't ask me to prove it,I lost count after the 4th day,LOL)
    10) Charlie Chaplin.

Hope you enjoyed,Regards,Paul.
    PS You can let me know your scores.I've given a few easy ones,but no cheating please.LOL

[This Message was Edited on 12/13/2006]
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Charlie Chaplin died on Christmas Day? The poor little tramp. But what an amazing life. I had forgotten that he died on Christmas--and I read his autobiography this year, too.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Quiz, Paul.

I really think it would be a good idea if Santa had another raindeer (in case a spare is needed), and Klaxon is a suitable name.

After all, a klaxon is a horn and raindeer have horns (well, ok, antlers).

Here's a question for you and everydobby. What Christmas song popular in the U.S. comes from the Ukraine?
  4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I missed the one about the spider, and the # of gifts from twelve days of Christmas.

Rock - I'll guess, since I have no idea - O Chrismas Tree?
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

livn & seeseaisme, very well done on 8 outa 10,that certainly beat me.
    Ken,no excuses,especially after reading the Charlie Chaplin autobiography(25 Dec 1977).I wouldn't have known that one either.LOL.
    Hey rockgor,liked the one about the reindeer.I've no idea about the popular Christmas song from Ukraine,but i'll guess at "White Christmas".
    best wishes,Paul.
  6. Callum

Callum New Member

Carol of the Bells.

Ding Dong Ding Dong
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I'll hum it for you while I type.

It's the fastest Xmas carol. Never hear it sung by a soloist, always a choir.

The words are

Hark, Hear the bells,
    Sweet silver bells,
    All seem to say,

Throw cares away,
    Christmas is here,
    Bringing good cheer.

The words were written by Peter Wilshousky who wrote the most popular arrangement of the Battle Hymn of the Republic which was a hit tune in 1958 by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

So when we listen to this carol we are connected to the Ukraine, the Mormons, Peter and NBC.

(Peter used to work for NBC.)
  8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Carol Of The Bells.

Hey Callum,well done on getting that one.I've just downloaded the Mormon Tabernacle version & listened to it.Probably have heard it before but not realised it's name.That's just put me in the mood for some Christmas songs,listening to Bing Crosby & White Christmas while typing this.
    rockgor-I thought that Carol of the Bells was someone I would meet in Scotland on Hogmaneigh,(LOL),as we call in the New Year at the "Bell's".Do they use that term in the USA or is it just New Year's Eve.
    Callum,you must have some Scottish in you as that's a very Scottish name.