A Cream For Arthritic Hands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I found this by accident. I use Gold Bond foot cream for my dry skin on my feet. Since I've been using it, rubbing it in well with my hands, the arthritis in my hands is no longer painful and the swelling is down. I don't know which ingredient is working for the arthritis but I'm going to continue using it. It's great for dry skin too.

Love, Mikie

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2011]
  2. paulac7

paulac7 Member

does the Gold bond work?? I've just started using Bag Balm for my nasty, dry feet. Might have to give it a try and see how it works.

Paula >^.^<
  3. Puddleglum

Puddleglum New Member

Biofreeze....its wonderful for pain & stiffness. You can get at your pharmacy , but its cheaper on Amazon.

4. justdifferent

justdifferent New Member

Everything I can find on this seems to indicate that it's only been approved for use in Canada, but I got a sample from my doctor today.

It's a topical corticosteroid with DMSO so that you bypass the systemic effect of the steroids. Obviously this is not an OTC drug. Has anyone else tried it?
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I fopund a product similar to Bio Freeze but this is call Freeze It and I have found it in a tube and in a roll-on. Costs about 50% less than Bio Freeze. Check out their website at

I hope this helps someone.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I never tried anything for my hands because I'm on the Guai Protocol and have been for years. Most of the creams have things which block the Guai. I'm back on the Methylation Protocol and, either it is taking the place of the Guai effects, or it allows me to use things withouth their blocking the Guai. In any case, it's nice to be able to use products without all my tender points returning.

I really hadn't thought about trying creams for my hands. I just finally got desperate about the dry, cracked skin on my heels. Living down here in the jungle, I wear nothing but sandals (I have everyday flip flops and more dressy ones :) Dressing up down here means adding a broomstick skirt and some jewelry to my tee shirt and flip flops. I do wear a cuff bracelet when I go out because the arthritis has made my left wrist deformed.

I tried petroleum jelly on my feet but found out that it can and, in my case, did plug up my lymph nodes painfully.

Thanks for all your responses.

Love, Mikie
  7. justdifferent

justdifferent New Member

Pennsaid is an NSAID - not a corticosteroid! But it is topical.