A curious poll...Who has thin hair or thick hair......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I have very thin hair and I met a lady yesterday who has FM and she had thin hair also. I was just curious about this.
    Hope everyone is having a better day then me.
    See ya
    Hugs......
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I have very thin hair and I met a lady yesterday who has FM and she had thin hair also. I was just curious about this.
    Hope everyone is having a better day then me.
    See ya
    Hugs......
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

My Mom had thick hair also, but by the time she passed away, her's had thined badly. I was rather surprised at how thin it got. I have thick, naturally curly hair, and I lose the normal amount daily, I think my Sis the hairdresser said it's about a hundred a day that we lose, but it also has new hair growing back.

I havd been wanting to bring this subject up, and I guess this is as good a place as any. For thoes of you who do have Long Hair and you are thinking of cutting it.
    Please remember the Org. "Locks Of Love". They need the hair to be 10 inches and put in a ponytail or braid before cutting.

I had mine cut back in Jan on my Birthday, and now I am letting it grow again, it'll take me 2 years.
    They make Wigs for Teenage girls that have lost their hair due to Illness. I thought that I can at least grow hair, so I might as well put it to good use when I do cut it.

I have MPS/FMS and I get the Scalp Pain more when my hair is long, but if I can help to make on little girl happy, then it's not so bad. I' ve had worse pain in other area's, lol.

So if you are planning to cut it remember them please, their website is
    http://www.locksoflove.com

Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2002]
  4. lease79

lease79 New Member

I had thick waist length hair that I had been growing since I was in year 7 at school.
    With the cfs/fms being bad this last year it has fallen out in handfuls :( I think I have about 1/2 the hair I had a couple of years ago.
    I couldn't wear it up, as the pain on my scalp was unbearable. So I asked my Mum, (who used to be a hairdresser) to cut it all off. She didn't want to, but I was just SOOOO sick of it.
    I had to plait it everynight before I went to sleep, just so I could brush it in the morning.
    People ask if I sold it, but I actually just threw it away. I was SOO relieved to get it off.
    And surprisingly I do not miss it one little bit ;)

Lease
  5. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

very thin, fine, straight hair.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  6. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

My hair was very fine and thin as a child. It's still fine but I have lots of it (so it looks thick).

Sharon, my husband just donated his hair to Locks of Love. He had the most beautiful, thick, shiny, black hair. Some little girl is going to be very happy. :)

http://home.attbi.com/~shoobie02/home.html
    (This site is not done yet, but you can see our hair)

-Shoobie

7. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

How funny it was to see this here this morning. I was just telling one of my friends that I'm going bald. I'm finding tons of my hair everywhere but on my head. I have (or had) very thick long hair. (pic in profile). Now I'm curious, does this dd have something to do with it, or the medicines I'm taking. hmmm
    Dawn
  8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I found it all over my pillow in the morning and it would clog up the drain in the shower. Once I started getting treatment for not sleeping, that stopped. Now I have very thin hair in the front,which is probably the inherited male pattern baldness that runs in my family. Yes, one in six women inherit this also, but it usually just causes thinning. My hair is thin, fine and wavy.
    Klutzo
  9. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Strange that I would see this post. My hair is very fine and thin and has been falling out more than usual for more than two months. I have not changed meds. Could my body be lacking something? Any Pro Health Supps. out there that might help me...anyone???? Thanks.

Arlene
  10. Karrot

Karrot New Member

But I have very VERY thick hair in volume as well as in each individual strand. I have gone to hairdressers who have been thoroughly amazed at the quantity of hair that I have. I could easily give away half my hair (although I doubt anyone would want a wig full of dreadlocks) and still have more than plenty for myself. And I'm not losing a significant amount daily either.

Tschus!
    Karrot
  11. Billie

Billie New Member

Before CFIDS, I had really thick hair. Now it is very thin........Billie
  12. herblady

herblady New Member

my hair has always been thin and fine. luckily i have found ways to syle it where it looks normal thickness. cindi
  13. Esoteric

Esoteric New Member

My hair is extremely thick and I have lots of it. My hairdresser says I have enough hair for two people.

Esoteric
  14. MsJoey

MsJoey New Member

Mom also had very thin hair. In fact, Gramma was almost bald before she passed. She was 96. My Mom died two years ago at age 74, but as thin as hers was getting I'm sure she'd have lost a lot more like Gramma did, too. Mine seems to be a lot thinner now (age 48) than it was in 20's, for sure.
  15. selma

selma New Member

Add them and Please give results.

Love, Selma
  16. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I have thin hair, but it's not because of FM. I've had thin hair all my life. That's because I'm a blonde, and even though I have thin hair, I have more hairs per square inch than you other gals! Brunettes have less per square inch, but have thicker hair.

Marilyn :)
  17. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

thick hair when younger,

Kim and Gary

Forgot we all use Rogain generic. Doesn't matter if its generic or box says men or women on it it's all the same. 2%. It has stopped the fall out but if you miss a day or 2 it starts to fall out again and takes a couple weeks to stop again. We've been useing it for almost 2 years now. [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2002]
  18. teach6

teach6 New Member

I've always had fine, thin, straight, very dark brown hair. For the past several years it had been coming out in unusually large amounts and I was always finding it on the bathroom floor, my pillow, or if I ran my hand through my hair it would be there.

Throughout this time it had always had a beautiful sheen to it, but I noticed last winter that was gone. That is what finally got me to color my hair. I had always refused because I liked my own color and it had very little gray (thanks to my dad), but it had become mousy and I no longer liked it. Now I have highlights and I liked them so much I had her go lighter and a bit heavier last time and now people ask who the blonde is when they see me!

My doc agreed with me that the reason my hair was falling out and becoming mousy was due to the severity of my illness last fall and winter. I have no plans to color over the blonde now. I'm having too much fun!

Barbara
  19. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

very thin. I have Fibro, along with a lot of other things...But I can't say it is the fibro or my meds that cause me to have thin hair...I also have and OCD called "trichotillomania". It simply means I pull out my hair by the roots. Done this since I was about 8-9 yrs. old. So that may even be the cause of my hair problem.
    Anyways, great subject!!

God bless
    inpain3
  20. allie2

allie2 New Member

I have had thin hair all my life. Plus i shed a lot.
    hugs
    *allie*