A day of celebration for all fibromites!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LeLeHpr, Jun 23, 2003.

1. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I just wanted to let you all know that my Doc is a big advocate of FM, so much so that she took the post of the "You might be a Fibromyalgic if" post, made copies and is passing it out to all her FM patients....She is getting our voice out into the medical community and today I celebrate- because...We are no longer obscure..Now, if we could just take over healthcare reform.....LOL
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

BUMP..This needs to get out.
  3. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I am under the assumption, no one wants to hear a "good" post??? Please tell me that is not true?
  4. tomkat

tomkat New Member

I think it is a good thing that she is doing.I think she
    should mail 1 to all the rheumies,and pain management drs,in
    the country!!!! Good Going
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2003]
  5. NATUREGIRL

NATUREGIRL New Member

This is great news and you are so lucky to have such a wonderful doctor. It'is because of the people on this forum who keep pounding away and not giving up hope that the word is getting out about this and other diseases. I am proud of this forum and others like it and thank you for letting everyone know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Tell your doctor hi from all of us and thank you.......Suzanne
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Why not order some of the brochures from this website; it's the very first post on Page 1. My docs love handing these out to their patients.

It also helps get the word out about this website and helps people find products which are reasonably priced and are of the highest quality. A very large share of the profits go toward research and advocacy for our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  7. Vette

Vette New Member

lelehpr, please clue me in, I have apparently missed something. I don't get on our site as often as I would like and am clueless as to what this post is about but very interested. I saw one Rheum. in my little town who did not diagnose me except with arthur-itis (lumbar), and another in the next little town who diagnosed the FMS but neither one of them treated me and both dismissed many of my symptoms including brain fog, wrong words, concentration as note being related to my condition.
    Thanks !!
    Vette
  8. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

My doc is a Pain Management guru! She actually donates all her free time lobbying for FM in Washington! Amzing the difference it makes...And, she is a fellow fibromite!! So, she can relate to our struggles!