A delicate problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gila, Feb 23, 2006.

1. gila

gila New Member

Hi everybody,

I have been diagnozed with FMS about 8 years ago. I have a very delicate question concerning women FMS sufferers: Has any one suffered from a burning pain in the anal and vaginal area. All tests for bacterial or fungal contamination were negative and the colonoscopy I underwent failed to show any reason for what I experience. I would like to know if it may be FMS related, since nothing helps. Thanks to all of you. G.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

yes delicate, but not too personal for our group~

If you did'nt ask,..it would be asked eventually by someone~

To answer: yes,...
    every once in awhile the area between my vagina and my butthole gets very sore. I'm not sure whats causing it?
    The only thing I can think of is,..'
    Thats where they cut a woman for an episiotomy(for childbirth) maybe the scar gets irratated at times?

Then again I've heard of many members here mention something called vulvadynia?(Spelling might not be right)?

I never checked into that so I'm not sure if thats a possible?
    Hopefully others more knowlegable then I will come along~
    your not alone :)
    Hugs
    Tandy
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

gila:
    I get that once in a while. I attribute it to old age for me (late fifties). All tests were negative. I use good old hydrcortisone 1%. I use it all over, and delicately, also inside. It does seem to help and I believe it is an allergic reaction to something I am doing wrong. I will get to the culprit yet.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

I've often wondered if this is a fibro problem, but since I'm new have not gotten around to asking yet.

Since I'm 62 and have no children I think we can rule out some of the answers. My doctor asked me one time if I had a problem because a test showed an abundance of GOOD bacteria. At that time it hadn't bothered me. Now it is.
    Like some of the others, I try to keep especially clean and use some kind of antibacterial cream. Lately I've been using Aveeno Daily Moisture, externally, and it seems to help.

Not much help, but I would surely like to talk to anyone who has found a totaly solution.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/23/2006]
  5. fairyborn

fairyborn New Member

Good Day,
    I had this pain very bad last year, my regular doc sent me to this wonderful ob-gyn who like to investigate and coralate symbtoms with auto immune things. Anyways depending on your age. With me I atrophy and inflamation of vaginal area. So I would see a ob-gyn before symptoms get to bad.
    Fairyborn
  6. smithje77

smithje77 New Member

I hurt all over - there being no different. I also have a weird hurting, emptiness feeling in my stomach all the way down there - you know :) A pressure feeling really - like everything is going to fall out. I actually worry they're missing cancer and that my insides are rotting out .

-Joy
  7. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

This is a delicate problem but I'm glad you posted your question. I have had this problem quite a bit. I've had two children but both were c-section. It is so awful to have this problem. It really may be due to FMS because some of us that answered haven't had kids vaginally.
    Thanks for your post and helping some of us that wouldn't get around to asking.
    Angela
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

It is the pits and caused by little fissures that are associated. I just found, by chance that Desitin helps some.

Love Anne C ps by any chance are you using Stomach med as I think this may be a root cause too.