A DIFFERENT Dog's Diary...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Apr 19, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Somebody (sorry I can't find it right now) posted the dog and cat diaries, respectively.

BUT --
    Did you think that a dog's life was that simple?
    Well, here's something to change your mind!

*****A Day in the Life of a Dog******

6:00 a.m.-6:15 a.m. Whimpers and whines to be let out of the house.

6:16 a.m. Rushes to garden in search of squirrels or other small animals.

6:20 a.m. No squirrels... Turns attention to newly planted bulbs.

6:21 a.m. Digs up bulbs.

6:30 a.m. Barks to come inside.

6:32 a.m. Barks again - more loudly.

6:35 a.m. To be sure all within twenty miles have heard,
    howls... which sets off all the other dogs within 20 miles howling too.

6:40 a.m. Back door finally opens. Enters house. Listens to make
    sure everyone in the house is now awake. Dog is now satisfied he has done his job and jumps on chair and goes to sleep.

7:00 a.m. Food sounds from kitchen. Wakes and goes to investigate. Hangs around chair of youngest human. Catches most food before it hits the floor. Licks the floor spotless so Mom won't have to wash it.

7:32 a.m. Back to sleep.

8:00 a.m. everyone's leaving... dog whimpers and makes everyone feel guilty; they promise to play with dog when they come home.

8:05 a.m. Visits each bedroom to make sure everyone is gone, then revisits to try out each bed to pick the one that's the softest and still warm, jumps up, rearranges covers, sleeps.

10:45 a.m. UPS deliveryman rings doorbell; dog recognized the sound of the truck already, goes back to sleep without moving.

11:00 a.m. Dog hears Mom coming home to await repairman... quickly jumps off bed and is at the door wagging tail innocently. Mom, feeling guilty about earlier, gives dog favorite cookie.

11:05 a.m. Having swallowed the dog cookie in one gulp, stretches out on living room rug to keep Mom company.

11:20 a.m. Vacuum cleaner switched on. Leaps from floor and attacks the noisy beast to save beloved Mom.

11:25 a.m. Dog grabbed by collar, shoved into a bedroom. Dog sighs, shakes himself in disgust, jumps on bed and goes to sleep.

12:30 p.m. Lunch sounds from kitchen. Dog awakens, realizes the door is open. Scurries past newly filled dog dish. Arrives first at table. Waits for food to drop from table. None. Goes to dog
    dish filled with food the TV ad says is irresistible to dogs. Sniffs. Looks around to make sure there's nothing better. Mom isn't even looking. Sighs. Eats.

12:50 p.m. Whines at door to go out.

12:55 p.m. Whines at door to come in.

1 p.m. Sees squirrel in backyard, frenzied barking to get at it. Door opens miraculously.

1:08 pm Squirrel escaped, is in neighbor's yard. Dog running up and down fence barking continuously.

1:10 p.m. Mom yells at dog to come in.

1:12 p.m. Mom walks out and grabs dog by collar and drags him in.

1:15 p.m. Repairman finally shows up. Dog leaps up barking in a frenzy, ready to protect wonderful Mom.

1:18 p.m. Back in bedroom. Dog continues frenzied barking at mysterious sounds and voice of stranger.

2 p.m. Is let out of bedroom again. Goes to sleep on living room couch after Mom goes to bedroom to take a quick nap.

2:02 p.mm. Hears friend barking outside. Whines loudly to go out again. When Mom doesn't appear, barks sharply.

2:03 p.m. Door opens. Leaps from house, squeezes thru special hole in fence that's hidden by bushes, and joins friends chasing cars.

2:45 p.m. Still chasing cars, with the odd squirrel thrown in for

3:00 p.m. Decides to call on girlfriend up the street. She is

3:05 p.m. Good Idea. Goes home and does the same. Nobody's home so curls up on the front porch and sleeps.

4:00 p.m. Children arrive home from school. Dog barks, yells,
    goes crazy. Told to calm down. Given a cookie in the hopes it will quiet him down. Leaves the crumbs on the living room carpet. Barks and yells some more.

4:05 p.m. Grabbed by collar and thrown out of the house.

4:09 p.m. After barking fails to open door, decides to call on
    girlfriend once more. Squeezes thru fence again. She has gone out. Runs to park. Finds another girl.

6:00 p.m. Dinner time. Hurries home.

6:10 p.m. Before door opens, lowers head and adopts pitiful

6:11 p.m. Doesn't work. "Get in here and where the hell have
    you been? HOW did you get out of that fence again!?!"

6:12 p.m. Hides under dinner table... quietly catches all the food thrown under table that the kids don't like.

6:45 p.m. Sleeping on couch next to kids watching TV.

6:55 p.m. Hears rattle of leash. Leaps off couch and
    rushes to front door to go on nightly walk with Dad.

7:17 p.m. At the park. Leash still attached. Sits quietly. Leash released. Goes Bananas.

7:55 p.m. Off leash.

8:22 p.m. Off leash.

8:55 p.m. Off leash.

9:15 p.m. Dad asks if anyone has seen dog.

9:45 p.m. Dad in luck. Someone has seen a dog swimming in
    nearby lake.

10:00 p.m. Back on leash. Immediately shakes self over owner.

10:05 p.m. Dragged back into house.

10:15 p.m. Settles down in front of TV.

10:35 p.m. Barks to go outside.

10:40 p.m. Barks loudly to come back inside.

10:42 p.m. Barks again before Mom or Dad can open door. Neighbor shouts that baby is trying to sleep. Also advises what Mom and Dad should do with dog.

10:46 p.m. Dog barks very loudly in the direction of neighbor's voice. Neighbor is loudly advising what he will do if dog doesn't shut up immediately.

10:50 p.m. Door opens. Dog rushes upstairs and hides
    under one of the kid's bed. Dad gives up and stops looking. Dog leaps on bed and snuggles in. Sleeps soundly. . .

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Wish I had all that energy. That's more than I do in a week.
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What a hoot. We had a wonderful dog when our children were young...fits him to a tee.

I agree with Rockgor...much more than I do in a week!

Thanks for posting this...I loved it. Brought back some very good memories.

4. victoria

victoria New Member

even when my dogs got old, they had more energy than me! LOL glad you all liked this dog's diary... is far more like my dogs than the other one!

I could've added some of the things one of my dogs does, at least as much as I know about ... he trots off to visit the cows in the pastures behind us all the time, he could be playing with the deer too for all I know. I really want to get a waterproof camera that could fit on his camera so we could see what he sees, haha!

He also greets everyone vociferously 'talking' (not barking, but making all kinds of noises) ... and just loves when the UPS guys come because they always have cookies... in fact he gets up into their trucks LOL and they have to throw cookies into the driveway to get him out!

LOL, what we would do without our pets!

5. ckball

ckball New Member

have you been hiding in my bushes,rotfl!!

The only difference is I have TWO dogs and only ONE me. I can't sit down to work on one project for longer than 15 minutes than the up down in and out.

A horse and rider came down my road the other day and my lovely doggies turned into Cujo. They did not like that horse. Poor guy I felt so sorry for him. I bet he doesn't came back here,lol.

Loved the diary-thanks-Carla
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I think I have you beat... have 4 dogs... we usually have had 5-7 the past 20 years. We're trying to 'simplify' our lives haha!

BUT I really am up and down all the time... and it really probably is my major exercise of every day!

2 of the dogs were from side-of-the-road and are very neurotic about being outside if they so much as hear a car backfire... 2 others do not get along and we keep them separately... with all the doors closing and opening, it's hard to keep track of them all! And there's always one of them wanting something.