A different kind of headache?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Jul 10, 2008.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have these headaches that I wake up with like really early in the morning about 4:30 or so. They are in the very top of my head like if you placed your hand right on top. It takes a while to get over them no matter what I take and my head feels rather sore "inside" too.

On ocassion if I feel up there there are 2 sore spots one on either side of the top and if I push gently it feels almost like I am pressing on nerves.

What the heck it this?

When I get them I sometimes get them several days in a row. They hurt really bad, about as bad as migraines that I get in back of my head but that is not where one usually gets migraine.

I have recently had MRI's and nothing shows up.
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Could it be Sinus, I awake about that time with head pain my pain is my forhead and between my eyes. Once I get up and moving around it helps except for a dull ache.

Still not sure what it is but sometimes mine turns into misery, off balance, dizzines, blurry vision, when this happens I am in misery for about a month. Doc says sinus but I am going to see an allergy speicalist next month.

The pain on pressing sounds like sinus, just a thought.

God Bless,

3. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I was waking up every morning with headaches and part of it was sinus but it was also HBP.
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

No it is not like a migraine or sinus headache as I have those from time to time too.

Since my MRI show nothing my doctor hasn't a clue.

I have checked my blood pressure when I have these and it is fine.

Right on the top of my head about the size of my hand and then the two little spots one just to each side of top center feel like I am touching a nerve if I press there.

I do have neck problems but I don't know what this is. I may get them 8-10 days in a row and then not have them for a week or so.
  5. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I haven't had one of those kind of headaches, have all the other's though migraines, tension and sinus .

I wake up about 4;30 alot of mornings with some type of headache ..........sometimes I try to wait it out but alot of times I have to get up and take something.

Are you taking any new meds that might cause a different type of headache or reaction ?

Maybe someone else on the board will know about this type of headache, I hope so.

Take care, Susan
  6. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Usually about 2 or 3 a.m. I think they're muscular type headaches, stemming from pain in my back or neck. It's a usual procedure for me to........get up and make a strong cup of coffee, take two ibuprofen, use my tennis ball in a sock to work those muscles I can't reach, do some yoga stretching, and go back to bed quickly with ice on my neck and head. Believe it or not it's usually gone by 7:30 when I wake up. A genuine miracle of caffeine!!!!! My rheumy told me I should just take excedrine but truthfully I like drinking the coffee better.

FOYBOYFOY New Member

i have vertigo/headaches like you and about once a month get a quatersize sore spot on my head?? had 2 brain mri and nodda???????? always something go figure chow