A evening prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sunshyne1027, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

From the back of my bible..A evening prayer that caught my attention, thought I would share.

Watch over Thou, dear Lord, with those who wake, or watch or weep tonight, and give Thine angels charge over those who sleep. Tend Thy sick ones, O Lord; rest Thy weary ones; bless Thy dying ones; soothe Thy suffering ones; pity Thine afflicted ones; and all for Thy love's sake. Amen

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them; for this is the law of the prophets. St. Matthew 7:12
  2. Takesha

Takesha New Member

Thank you for this scripture, I read it last night, and wanted to acknowledge it, but I was so tired. It made me smile because the prayer "had something for everybody".
    I did answer your other post on the other board though. My email addy is in my profile. Hugs
    Takesha
  3. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Bless you Sunshyne. That is a great prayer. I will definitely make a copy of it. May your day be blessed.

Amen, Danny
  4. Hikagranma

Hikagranma New Member

"As darkness falls on land and sea - I come dear Jesus Christ to Thee, and pray that thou will gaurd this night - the little child till morning light. Bless all the poor the sick the sad, and make the happy still more glad. Amen