a family in need of prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, Nov 11, 2003.

1. dash

dash New Member

We are a family in need of prayer support. My mother-in-law has ovarian cancer. My younger sister has an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder resulting in pernicous anemia, severe diabetes, high blood presssure, and a deteriorating spine. Her husband has severe back problems and arthritis and is heading toward being disabled. My other brother-in-law is a recovering alcoholic has just been diagnosed with oral cancer. My older sister is now the sole support of this household which includes an invalid
    uncle who is dying of heart disease. Besides FMS,I have had multiple health problems the past six months including a giant kidney stone, abdominal hernia, ovarian cyst (benign),fibroid tumors, diverticulosis,and Hashimoto's thyroid disease. After three liptotripsy treatments, I have two large stone pieces left. Friday, a radiologist will insert a nephrostomy tube into the kidney. Tuesday, my urologist will go into the kidney through the tube and laser the remaining pieces.

Please pray for our healing, but just as importantly pray that we maintain our joy in the Lord. Pray that God strengthens the caretakers in our family with the grace to serve. Pray for wisdom and compassion from those in the medical professsion involved in our treatments.

God bless you all.
  2. dash

dash New Member

Thank you Debbie. I just discovered this part of the site late last night. I am very excited. Up until this past year and half, I have been very active in Christian ministry. We made a move which required us finding a new church, but I haven't been able to get involved because of my health. At the moment, I can't drive because of arthritis in my right knee-my latest problem. Right now going to church on Sunday is sometimes more than I can manage physically. My husband is a wonderful support, but I feel kind of isolated. I see this place as an answer to my prayers.

Della, a.k.a. dash
  3. J-in-Ohio

J-in-Ohio New Member

I'm praying God keeps you and your family in his hands and through it all you feel His love.
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I will certainly be in prayers for your entire family! You do have a lot on your plate.

I am also 50 years old, married 26 years, 3 children with one still at home.

Welcome to the Worship Board! It's nice to have you here with us. I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Love and prayers,
    Harmony

5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

We`re glad you stopped by. Your family has such a hugh burden to carry with so many ill and having problems.

Praying for your whole family, that God will help you all get well again and ease your troubles.

Best wishes,
    Sandyz
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Dash, will be praying the Lord's blessings be poured out upon your entire family, those who are ill, and for the caregivers too.

I also will pray for compassion in the medical field, much is needed there.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. FibroJudy36

FibroJudy36 New Member

Welcome to the Worship Board.

I'm truly sorry that you and your family are going through so much.

I will be praying for your whole family

Blessings, Judy