A few Christmas Eve prayers needed!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

In a couple of hours, I start playing for the first of 3 services - 7pm, 11pm and then tomorrow morning. And MUCH, MUCH more music than at regular services! I practiced 3 hours last night and was exhausted and achy after, but had to do another long practice stint this morning. Instead of running errands, though, I came home and lay down for awhile. I think it helped, plus tramadol and a few extra mg's of prednisone!

Anyway, I would appreciate a prayer or two for making it through these services in decent shape. Having to worry about stamina and aching is still relatively new to me, and winter is definitely a worse season for me! It's hard for us to pace ourselves without lessons learned the hard way, isn't it???
  2. mrsED

mrsED New Member

I can relate.
    I just finished playing for our Christmas Eve service.
    It used to be that this would be such an easy thing for me to do, but now it takes all the strength I have. There was a lot of preparation and special music, too.
    I was supposed to go th my sister's tonight after the service, but my husband and i are just staying home. I feel bad to dissapoint them, but I'm too achy and exhausted.
    Fortunately, I don't have to play for tomorrow's service.
    I will pray for you that you have the strength to make it through and that the Lord will bless you for it.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Mrs Ed
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Will be asking God to strengthen you....as you are doing this on the day we celebrate His birth!

God Bless....MamaR
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Thinking and praying for you.

GBHope
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

It's hard when you want to play but the body is weak. I don't have fibro but I did have foot surgery two weeks ago. I'm also an accompanist- play piano and organ for church. But this year I made sure I had help, since my right foot is out of commission. I did end up learning to pedal with my left foot (just piano, not organ!) and got through some hymns and special music for the Christmas Eve service, but that was it. It was kind of nice, not doing so much this year. I'll pray that today's service goes well for you and that it is painfree. Love, Terri
  6. Musica

Musica New Member

I have made it through all 3 services, and I forgot until this morning that I had to play for choir rehearsal, as well! I have had some pretty achy times, but fortunately I was distracted enough by playing that it wasn't excruciating while I was playing. That would be God's mercy!

Thank you again. I hope you are being blessed today.
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Musica:
    I'm glad you made it through. Congratulations---now rest up!!!!!!!!
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. Musica

Musica New Member

You don't need to tell me twice! I am achy and tired, and very glad I didn't have Christmas obligations today. It wasn't this hard last year.