A few questions about impedance cardiograph tests:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Jan 23, 2007.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

For those of you who have had one, how much did it cost?
    Did your insurance pay for any of it?

My doctor referred me for one (a BioZ), but she wasn't sure what it could tell me that a regular stress test wouldn't. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I was told it would cost $80. I haven't gotten the bill yet, though. I also will be paying for it myself, because of my poor health insurance and huge deductible.

Probably Dr. Cheney could explain it better (have you seen his DVD lecture?) But it shows how weak a heart is in many different aspects. It gives a lot of detailed info about the heart. It shows abnormalities in CFS patients that other tests haven't picked up so far.

I don't know how it would compare with a stress test. But if I had to choose, I'd far rather be hooked up to electrodes for five minutes than to run on a treadmill.

It is "the latest thing" in heart tests, using technology developed by NASA.

Maybe somebody else knows more that would be helpful to you.

Forebearance

3. u34rb

u34rb New Member

kholmes,

Apparently it can show when someone's CFS is a defence mechanism to protect the heart. In other words, that CFS can be the effect and that a circulation problem is the cause.

As I undertsand it this idea is not exactly saying that there is a problem with the heart, rather that the heart has a problem. And that this can be an infection which could be reversable, or simply low blood volume (which isn't the heart's fault) and which has a cause somewhere else.

On the positive side, many heart problems can be reversable these days.
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I appreciate the information.