A Fibro Dr in Austin, TX?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Oct 1, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Anyone know of a good Fibromyalgia Dr. in the Austin, Texas area?
    I went to a Dr. yesterday after driving 2 hours to get there, and was very disappointed.
  2. bcn

bcn New Member

I see Dr Monty Tew. He seems to be very caring and understands the disease. he is a rheumatologist and works with Austin Diagnostic Clinic.
    Bess

*Update on this recommendation. He only seems to get it if the Fibro is not severe. He will give pills, but I don't take meds. They don't relieve my pain and I have a lot of complications with them. As far as signing off on my short term disability papers last year, he said "We think people with Fibromyalgia do better if they continue working." I could barely stand at that time or lift anything. I possessed incredible pain and fatigue and unfortunately, he just didn't get it.[This Message was Edited on 09/09/2006]
  3. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

for me also. He's very caring and has helped me a lot (mild case of FM here).

There are a couple of other drs. in his office, (Dr. Krout and someone else) but I've never seen either of them so I can't say whether they would be as good.

I did a lot of calling around before I found Dr. Tew. So few rheumatologists will see FM patients.

Best wishes,
    Janelle