A freind had heart surgery UPDATED

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I need prayers please for one of my art club freinds, her name is Caroline and is in her mid-late 50's. When I saw her at our last meeting she didn't look well and said she was having very high BP.

Today I get the news she had to have emergency heart surgery, she had her arotic valve replaced and something else done and is in serious condition,

He only child, a son in his 30's had a liver transplant a few years ago but has been awaiting a kidney transplant now that was scheduled for 2 days after his mother's surgery and he died while she was in surgery.

He lived 3 hours away so was not at the hospital for her. They waited one day before telling her about her son. She is a wonderful, sweet lady and lives alone and not much family either.

So members of the club will do what we can to help her once she gets home. She will have to go to a nursing home to rehab first. I have offered to do whatever she needs, yard work, errands, house cleaning, ect.

She had been doing better but yesterday had a very bad day. So please think of her and pray as it is still touch and go with her on top of the fact her only child died and she can't do a thing about it. He was divorced and had a 7 yo daughter so there has been no funeral. Thanks for your prayers. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2008]
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to your dear friend and her son. What a terrible set of circumstances.

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her son. It is so tragic !! It is hard to know wht to say in such an instance. I hope your friend mends well from her surgery but whqt a terible shock for her.

God bless,

3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Thi is one of the saddest situations I've ever heard about. some people are given horrendous burdens to bear; I just don't understand it.

If there is ever a time where she may need her friends, it's now. Thank God she has you for a friend and others like you to help ease a little bit of her burden. Life will never be the same for her and she needs her friends to comfort her,listen to her, and just hold her hand.

I will also pray for her continued recovery and for you too Carla, as you tend to your friend.

4. xphile

xphile New Member

I can't imagine how hard it must have been to have the heart surgery, but to have your only child die at the same time is absolutely horrible! Tell her to remember this. Death may leave scars and wound you with grief, but while it's stolen a life NOTHING can steal the memories. He's in a much better place now. I've always believed that a parent should never have the burden of burying a child. Let her know that I am also praying and that while things don't make sense now she does have support from good friends like you and even well wishes and good energy being transmitted from people she's never even met but who still care. My sincerest sympathies. You're a good friend.

5. jole

jole Member

So sad....but we have a loving Maker who will be beside her, and who has given her loyal and loving friends.

Bless you for being there for her! She will need you.....
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I appreciate the prayers. Our club will pull together to do what we can to help her. She is just a great lady and I am so sad that she has to go threw this and can't imagine how she feels.

She is not taking visitors now but I talked to her best freind who is also a club member and she is telling Caroline that we are all here for her and will help her get threw this.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers-Carla

7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is so so sad, I will definetly keep her in my prayers. You are a very good friend for being there for her and she is lucky to have you.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are a good friend. This is so sad. My prayers go up for this lady.

Love, Mikie
  9. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

My heart aches for your friend. What trials and tribultions some people have to endure. It seems more than a person could handle.

I will being praying for her and for you too so that you will have strength and comforting words for her.
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

that is so sad. I do wish there could be a national kidney registry we were all on unless we said no.

Love Annie
  11. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

What a horrible event to happen in this woman's life. Just thinking about loosing a child breaks my heart and then to have heart surgery on top of everything.....I'm just so sorry.

Prayers and my deepest sympathies are with your friend.
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just wonder why things happen the way they do? prayers are there for them from all of us.

13. ckball

ckball New Member

I think I will print this out and send to her with her card. Our art club has been together for many years and she does have a lot of freinds that are pulling for her and we will do what we can to help her get threw this.

You know they say what doesn't kill you will make you stronger but having emergency heart surery then wake up to hear your only child died, I just can't imagine how one gets threw this.

She is a strong lady, but this is going to be a tough one to get over for her. Thank you all again for your prayers and support-Carla
  14. painterZ

painterZ New Member

so horrible. I often ask for prayers from chit-chat and the worship message board and I certainly will place you, your friend, and all families involved with this sad event in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm thoughts...

15. springwater

springwater Active Member

this sounds like something that would happen in a nightmare.

Praying for your friend and son who passed on and comforted to know you and all her other friends are rallying around.

Also comforted by the thought that where her son is now is a much better place than where he left, it must have been hard to have lived with so many physical ailments. Where he is now, he is whole in every way. .

God Bless
  16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

How terrible, Carla! And we think we have troubles, huh? Some here on earth seem tried beyond measure.

She's very lucky to have you as a friend. She'll be in my prayers.

17. tandy

tandy New Member

and prayers~

so sad. seems too much to bear~
    This post made me tear up.
    I'm so sorry

18. ckball

ckball New Member

I wanted to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers as they have helped.

Caroline is being released to a Nursing home for rehab as she lives alone and has no one to help her. They ended up giving her a pacemaker.

I have not spoken to her, just her best freind. I had a hard time finding a card to send her, such a horrible situation, but I think I found one that relays the support she has.

It seems his ex wife had stepped up to the plate to help handle her son's affairs for now. She is a very strong lady and will get threw this somehow. We will make sure of that.

Thank all of you so much, it does prove prayers work-Carla