A friend in Virginia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaime13, Sep 6, 2006.

1. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

i live in Virginia- Virginia Beach to be exact I have Fm and Cfs. I would love to post to someone who also has the same problems as I face.
  2. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

I would like a Virginia friend...How are things going for you right now Jaime?
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they didn know how to build those hotels on that beach...no sun till late afternoon on the beach..

jodie
  4. jaime13

jaime13 New Member

Well the kids are back in school and saddly I couldn't get out of bed to help my littlest guy off to school. He is 10 and is used to getting himself off regularly, but I wish I could off been there for him he is a great kid and understands that I have good days and bad ones. One of his good friends has a mom who has MS so he sees sickness in other people's home and it makes him more compassionate.
    I worry mostly about the kids, the messy house and them still seeing me in the same clothes from the day before. I try to get it together before they come home-so I can be there in time for homework. If one thing that FM gave my family it is independence. My 15 year old is a little more demending he has seen me during really bad times, and now that I am a bit better (thanks to my wonderful Dr.) he feels he can ask me for all kinds of things- I hate saying no as we have been through so much. He just got his driving permit and wants to drive all the time-frankly his driving makes me dizzy but I don't want to hurt his feelings.
    I take a ton of meds and I am always looking for the newest one out there. Recently I tried cymbalta and had a horrible experience with it-xyrem worked well except for the bedwetting. Mainly now I have been horribly stiff and my back is killing me, I been having problems with my shoulders too.
    Trying to get disability is an uphill battle-exspecially since I don't have enough working credits and need to go on SSI that has been 10 months since i last applied.
    MY life reads like a saga but it could be worst- I did have a good summer, and enjoyed the Virginia Beach sun along with some good books. I love doing exercise in the pool, we also started our chronic pain support group again so more positives.
    Well look forward to reading your posts jaime
  5. ThinkPostive

ThinkPostive New Member

I live in a small town named Dinwiddie Virginia. It is near Richmond and I will be glad to be your friend.

This place has been a life saver for me as I learn the new me. I have been dx with fibro and CFS for almost 2 years and I still have loads to learn.

Have a great afternoon,

Cheri