A friend wants phone buddies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by babyzee, Jul 28, 2003.

1. babyzee

babyzee New Member

I have a friend in Calif. w/ chronic pain & depression; he can't work. He's not very computer-friendly and would like to chat w/ similar people on the phone. Right now I'm just getting a feel for how many people would be interested before I give out any info. Obviously this wouldn't be as cheap as the internet. --Babyzee
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It would be better for you to go through a real life support group for your friend, living in California, that should not be hard to do, just check your phone directory for a group.

We do not encourage giving out personal information here on these boards. Its just not safe for all concerned.

I am sure your friend is all that you say he is, but none of us can really be sure who the other person is.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really don't think we should be posting phone numbers here or e-mail addresses to get phone numbers. There has got to be a group in your friend's area who might enjoy talking with him. Please check that out.

Love, Mikie
  4. babyzee

babyzee New Member

and wasn't asking anyone to give out phone numbers. I'm trying to get an idea of how many people would be interested in phone contact rather than e-mails. He prefers phones & can't type too well - but he's a real talker!! I will suggest a local support group to him.
  5. ohmy

ohmy New Member

Hi, like mentioned before there are web cams but there are also just messengers like yahoo and aol and msn, all u have to do is log on and chat with anyone who is on. comprise a friend list. I can be reached on yahoo messenger as mulberry78223 . Its cheaper then a phone call. But i too like to talk rather then type cause typing takes more time and thought.