a funny thing from the lab

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Oct 6, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I got a copy of my lab results from the doctor, and my diagnosis was listed as 'fibroidmagia'. Wonder what they thought THAT was??? I just had to laugh!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

I got a copy of my lab results from the doctor, and my diagnosis was listed as 'fibroidmagia'. Wonder what they thought THAT was??? I just had to laugh!

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This would be funny, except more serious mistakes are all too common in most people's medical charts. They are legal documents, so it pays to ask to look at your medical records once in awhile to make sure they are correct. I just wrote a nasty letter to a doctor who put in my record that "the patient had a head injury and fibromyalgia, from which she has completely recovered"! I am on disability, and that one sentence could cause me to lose it next time I get reviewed. It is totally wrong, but docs don't seem to care. I have done medical transcription, and you would not believe how sloppy docs are when dictating. Protect yourself! Hugs, Klutzo
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

I guess there is a more somber side to this. I'll point out the error to my doc, if I decide I'm speaking to him!

Medical transcriptionists have my sympathies. Doctors are notoriously bad communicators.

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

firstly, I take a list of symptoms evrytime I go with a list of current meds as well... I ask the doctor to read it, make a copy of it and place it in my chart. I also keep a copy then when something is up like "no info re that in chart..." bullsh*t........ LOL>>>>>>>> Good luck! and take care of yourselves first!!!!!!!!be proactive and simply take control and fix this problem!!!!