A good anti-inflammatory gel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Because of our national health service (UK) my doctor has had to take away my prescription for Ibuprofen 10% gel and has to give me a cheaper make. It's called Movelat and it just doesnt help me as much.

I can only buy 5% Ibuprofen over the counter and thats not good either, so was wondering if someone can suggest a good make in the States as I would be happy to buy it from there.

I use it on my feet every night.

Thanks
    love
    Rosie
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Rosie,
    What a frustration for you! Please let me tell you what I use for inflammation.

I use Arnica Gel that I get from the health food store. It works very well for me - fast and with no side effects. It also is readilly absorbed and not greasy. It has no odor and doesn't cost much ($10.00 a good size tube, in the U.S.).

God luck in finding something that works for you.

Terry
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm going to look into both of these.

Terri, I've seen sites with the arnica gel, does it work well>

Sara, 15% ibuprofen gel is better than we get here, going to check it out too.

Thanks
    love
    Rosie
  4. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I also use Arnica gel, it helps me a lot. I massage it into my face when my TMJ is acting up, and into the muscles that are most achey/painful, usually neck, shoulders, shoulder blade area, and arms.

I hope you find something that you like soon.

Take care,
    Hopeful4
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I think Arnca Gel works well, at least it does for me. I get almost immediate relief. It lasts for a while, and then I have to apply it again, but I never have had to apply it more than three times for any one flare.

You might ask your health practitioner, if he/she knows about natural remedies. If not, I think the people at the health food store could probably tell you if there would be any reactions with what you are already taking.

Good luck!
    Terry
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm going to try the arnica gel out, I would prefer taking something natural.

Thanks
    love
    Rosie